“Its Home Away From Home”

Coral Dubai Al Barsha Hotel
Ranked #148 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Auris Plaza..... have been hearing about this property ever since it has opened as I had stayed in one of their property First Central in Tecom so this was a much awaited property for me too.

Finally visited Dubai again and stayed with Plaza. I was there for about 6 nights but I opted to stay in Auris Plaza for 3 Nights & rest at relatives place. Best Deal was 2nd thing that attracted me, First was Auris as a group, I anyway had to be there. Was upgraded to a higher category and the room was spacious, equipped and just Wow. Sleeping comforts were at its best, bathroom we big with accurate water pressure. Did not get chance to go to the pool but breakfast was great. did not miss it. It was elaborated and tasty. First thing that attracted me was the Welcome Screen on 42" LED TV that had my name (picture attached) ad then briefing me about the services, offers at Auris Plaza. This was one unique thing I saw here and specially congratulate IT & Marketing team to make your customer feel so good about being in your property... Want to Thank You again for making me feel so great... A Small gift store near the reception had so much to buy. Hotel is very much near to MOE that doesn't let you bore. The hotel being dry keeps to hotel calm and soft as your home and your family at peace, though I drink and did carry my drinks but I never thought the ambiance that a Dry hotel can have. It was family all over and kids playing around, celebrating their stay at Auris Plaza. Awesome it was. Wonderful stay and I will come back soon... All the best Team Auris...

Room Tip: Take a Front Facing Rooms, The Open Space gives you awesome view... and take room as higher as possi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SANJEEVOHRI
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was one of the best stays I have ever had at a hotel in this price range. The check in was wonderful. All the staff was so helpful. The room was amazing, clean and had everything going for it. The location is good, you can walk to the mall for dinner. It is a bit of a ways from the airport and cruise port, but worth it.
We really enjoyed the roof top deck at night. The view was great. This a dry hotel, so bring your own. The spa was really nice to and free.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My wife & I arrived at the hotel. I was expecting a run-down hotel with Middle Eastern flair & atmosphere but I was greeted to a 4-star style hotel lobby with equally comfortable room. Wi-fi connectivity is also good in the lobby, restaurant & hotel room.

Buffet breakfast was quite minimal but satisfying & is very close to the mall (my wife enjoyed herself there).

The services provided was all smiles & prompt. If we were to travel here again, I'll stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KhairulAdlan
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I happen to have a view that when I visit a hotel that prides itself on service, that I would be getting some of that "service" - imagine how hard it is when you arrive there, and no one's heard of this foreign / alien concept !
First of all, the access to this hotel is tiny, it's almost completely eclipsed by the hotel next door (sands / dunes, something like that) so you could easily pull into the hotel next door and think you've arrived at the Auris. Watch for that ! Secondly - you have to climb stairs (and I use the word "climb" for those of you that feel the need to scale everest with your luggage strapped to your back because there's nowhere to roll your luggage into the lobby...)... Once you're inside, let me describe it for you. It's a boutique hotel, when you stand at the door facing inwards, to your left, you'll find the cafe, to your right, the checkin area.... behind that... (yes) the restaurant... I was met by a man who was obviously too tired from doing that thing he's paid to do (we call it work) and kept me waiting for about 45 minutes while he tried to unjam the paper from the printer... While that should have been my queue to go somewhere better, I instead decided to give it a chance ... a BIG mistake that I hope never to be repeated again. No apology, nothing, I get handed my key, I sign on a torn piece of paper, then I go up the elevators to my room. The interesting part of these elevators is they're panoramic (all glass) and will give you a nice 360 degree view of all the happenings inside the hotel....... (more on that later) ... When I got to my room, honestly, that was the only thing I liked about the entire experience. These rooms are HUGE literally the largest I have ever seen. A regular room has a walk in closet !!!! the bathroom is big, but the floors are VERY slippery (even when dry)..... Anyway, back to the service...
It's harder to evaluate the "did happens" because so little "did happen"
1- The in-room phone did not work in my 2 weeks of staying there - 14 requests, 1 a day, in the end got shrugged off "just wait till the end of your stay"
2- On day 4 of my stay there... I'm going down in the panoramic elevator - 3 floors below me, one of the rooms has a "police crime scene" tickertape on it with police swarming the floor... When inquiring about this reception just gave me a blank look.... like I wasn't even there.
3- In the cafe, while receiving a guest, 2 orange juices took a little over 50 minutes to arrive, and when they did arrive, they arrived stale...
4- The staff is, by far, unhelpful. They smile a lot ! But ... what's a smile with no substance behind it ?
....and a LOT more... but why mention it ?

This is why I prefer international brands, there is accountability when poor service becomes an issue. In this hotel, when you complain, loudly, to the management, the response is just to shrug you off and say "well sir, the most you are going to do is put a bad review about us on tripadvisor..."

Not only so, but I also don't recommend this hotel either.

Room Tip: High room - stay away from the elevator !
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank NightWhispers
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just moved here from the States and needed a big place to stay while we looked for a house. My wife found this marvel in Al Barsha right next to the Emirates Mall. The rooms were huge, we actually got a Suite with an adjoining room. The room was well appointed, the TV and furniture were great. The bed was very comfortable. The technology and Internet was fantastic. The Housekeeping and Front Office Staff were wonderful. The Executive Lounge and breakfast was well worth the money. The F&B Service staff were mediocre, there was minimal Management presence in the Breakfast Lounge on the Executive floor and the one Hotel Manager who was there was not very friendly and was actually busy eating there himself! But the rest of the Hotel staff was amazing. The cooks were really friendly. The bellman were super nice. This is truly a fantastic Hotel, worth the money. Definately will visit again. The pool is also amazing.

Room Tip: High floor , corner suites especially the adjoining ones.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed 12 nights at this hotel, 7 nights holiday and 5 nights for work. The rooms are modern, big and really well maintained and have all necessities available. There is ample choice at breakfast with a good mix of western and middle eastern dishes. There is a pool on the rooftop but the beach chairs are a bit limited so on busy days (especially the weekend) it can be difficult to find a spot. We received a very friendly service at this hotel from the beginning to the end and everybody was extremely helpful.

Dubai is quite big and outspread so it might take some time to get from one end to the other. This hotel is conveniently placed in the middle between the Jumeirah Palm (with the Atlantis) and the 'old' Dubai, so everything you need to see as a tourist is within 20-30mins range by taxi. The hotel is located opposite to the Mall of the Emirates which has enough choice of restaurants, a food court for fast food, shops. The subway also has a stop at this mall (a walk to from the hotel to the subway station will take you about 10 mins).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We had a 4 night stay on route to London and thought this hotel seemed good value and close to the Mall of the Emirates. Well as others have said the room is great with all the elements you expect in this class of hotel. We also ate at the hotel and their buffet was reasonable value with lots of choice of both Arab and western dishes.Unfortunately the hotel is a 5-7min walk to the mall there are not footpaths for the entire walk. The mall is connected to the subway - but this is the far side of the mall so add another 15 mins walk to your journey. It seems Emiratis don't walk. A taxi to Dubai Mall will cost you about $20 and if you want to go to Deira it takes 25 minutes and about $30. The location is not very convenient and I would not use it again regardless of the excellence of the room.. If selecting a hotel choose a more central location where you will have a greater choice of things to do within the locale.

Room Tip: If selecting this hotel pack some good walking shoes!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple