All reviewsirish villageclose to the airportggico metro stationjoseph marconismall hotelthe hotel managerairport hotelminutes from the airportcoffee machineroom serviceexcellent stayshort stayearly checkcomfortable staydubai malltaximr
Reviewed 2 January 2008

As with the majority of the reviews I'd have to agree on this hotel. We ended up booking this as we left it so late that there weren't many vacancies, amazing given the amount of hotels in Dubai, in the price range we wanted to pay. Also we were travelling during the school break so that made prices higher.

The staff here are great and if you're travelling with babies they are fantastic at taking them off your hands while you have breakfast. The breakfast in itself is pretty poor as it's a very small buffet and it didn't seem to be that you could order anything specific. The lunch we had at the Spice club was very nice although the dinner was pretty ordinary and the meals at the Press club were just awful. I'd recommend Al Haleb just down the road (turn left out of the hotel) and if it's American style stuff there is Chillis and a couple of others just a little further down, all within walking distance.

The pool is small but there wasn't anyone using it probably because this really does seem like a business hotel. The rooms were spacious and we didn't have a problem with cleanliness and we can only be grateful that after a 17 hour flight from NZ we got an early check in and picked up from the airport.

I'd probably choose to be closer to the beach next time but that has nothing to do with the hotel, just its location.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank speedyc
Reviewed 2 January 2008

I didn't want to spend too much on our stay as it was literally an overnight stop with an early start. I booked it mainly because of its proximity to the airport. I was surprised at just how good a hotel it was for the amount we actually paid. It was modern with excellent facilities and helpful staff. We got an upgrade to a very comfortable room and it felt a great shame that we were asleep for most of our visit. The Spice Club restaurant was excellent as was the buffet breakfast. If you're looking for a sight seeing, shopping or even a golf break in Dubai then I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seacombe
Reviewed 6 November 2007

From the airport, the service desk of the hotel gave a first rate service. The hotel is very clean, quiet and very big rooms. I cannot fault them for anything. It is not far from everything and places you want to go to, but it is well situated from all the noise and construction taken place in Dubai. The only thing is most taxi drivers do not know how to get there. It is very quiet inside the hotel. The porters will be very willing to help you with almost anything. Always book your taxi before leaving your room, but remember to ask for meter taxi

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fol25
Reviewed 25 May 2007

First time I had to go to Dubai for business. When planning I was amazed by the huge amount of hotels in Dubai and found it difficult to choose. As I arrived late in the evening and would fly back at 1:00 am I decided that staying close(ish) to the airport would be wise. Business budget for a hotel is about 100GBP per night. Based on all that and the reviews on Tripadvisor I choose Le Meridien Fairway.
Reception staff was extremely helpful and friendly from day one. Hotel room was very spacious, clean and with all the things one expects from a premium hotel (incl. free wireless internet access, even though hrs.de mentioned there was a charge for it). Turn down service and a free bottle of water every day were nice extra touches.
Breakfast selection was fine, I went for room service twice which only costed slightly more (I think 10 DHS - 1.50 GBP). The hotel's location is very good right in the (original) centre of Dubai and a few minutes from the airport. Taxis in Dubai cost very little and even a chauffeur organised by the hotel "only" costs 75 DHS (11 GBP) per hour, which can be a nice alternative to see a bit of the city. I only had a snack in one of the hotel's bar (Press club), which was nice. But I heard from other hotel guests that the main restaurant (Indian) wasn't very good.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Globe99trotter
Reviewed 11 May 2007

You cannot do better than this for a convienient to the airport hotel without paying 5 star prices. I'd recommend it for a day or two stopover. There are several restaurants (western and local), a Caribou Coffee, and the Irish Village within walking distance.... though you do need to take a taxi to see most sites. The Festival City and Deira City Centre mall are very close via taxi.

The hotel itself is pleasant, there are a couple of decent restaurants inside. Rooms are a good size as well. Pool is small but workout facility looked pretty nice. Staff was very helpful.

1  Thank McElian