All reviewsirish villageclose to the airportggico metro stationjoseph marconismall hotelthe hotel managerairport hotelminutes from the airportcoffee machineroom serviceexcellent stayshort stayearly checkcomfortable staydubai malltaximr
Reviewed 11 January 2008

We arranged the complementary airport transportation with the hotel prior to leaving for Dubai. After the baggage claim in DXB there is a desk that handles all of the Dubai Le Meridiens’ transportation needs. We checked-in with the desk there and were escorted to a shuttle out by the curb. After a stop at the Le Meridien Dubai across the street from the airport we arrived at the Fairway quite quickly. By this time it was well after 1:00am. The bell staff were great and very helpful. The check-in was so unfriendly and unhelpful that it really made us question our decision to stay here. (The day shift front desk people were much nicer and friendly.) We stayed for three nights booked through spg.com on a AAA rate that was 700AED/night. Our room was on the first floor, which is really the third floor of the hotel. It faced the back of the hotel that had views of the neighborhood which was fine. The rooms are really long and are all a little different because of the roundness of the building. The bathroom was a little small but adequate. One weird thing is that the only bottled toiletries that they stock the bathroom with were 4 bottles of shampoo. There was no lotion or conditioner. I had to ask housekeeping for lotion and they gave me a lotion that I am assuming is for the suites because it was the Hermes Eau D’orange verte. There was a flatscreen tv that was nice. They also gave bottled water every day. The rooms are serviced twice a day, which is really nice. The rest of the hotel is nice, but not spectacular. The breakfast in the Petit Café was fine. The selection was small, but with less than 60 rooms in the hotel, it hardly warrants a huge breakfast buffet. The service was good and you can special order eggs, waffles, or pancakes from the server with no problems. We didn’t eat at any other place in the hotel. We made use of the “business center” which is located behind the reception in the hotel offices. We used the internet several times and found out when we checked out of the hotel that we were charged every single time. They do not specify this charge anywhere and we were under the impression that it was complementary.

I agree with other reviews that the food at the nearby Al Hallab restaurant is good and reasonably priced. Getting taxis was never a problem and one of the best features of the hotel is that the Deira City Center mall operates a free shuttle about 10 times a day. The Fairway is the last hotel stop after the Le Meridien Dubai, Al Bustan Rotana, and Millennium Airport hotels from the mall, but to the mall the ride is only a few minutes. The Deira City Center mall operates 2 different bus lines and the Fairway is on bus #1.

One of the drawbacks to staying at this hotel, as other reviews have mentioned, is that many taxis do not know where it is. One night we took a taxi from Bur Dubai and the taxi driver had no idea where it was located even though we gave him the little map that the hotel provides. We just asked him to take us to the airport Le Meridien instead. From there we took the free shuttle to the Fairway. It appears that this hotel is strongly linked with the Le Meridien Dubai because they have the free shuttle and if you stay at the Fairway you are entitled to use all of the pool and gym facilities there too. Also many of the items at the Fairway that have the hotel logo say “Le Meridien Dubai” instead of the “Le Meridien Fairway.”

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2008

As with the majority of the reviews I'd have to agree on this hotel. We ended up booking this as we left it so late that there weren't many vacancies, amazing given the amount of hotels in Dubai, in the price range we wanted to pay. Also we were travelling during the school break so that made prices higher.

The staff here are great and if you're travelling with babies they are fantastic at taking them off your hands while you have breakfast. The breakfast in itself is pretty poor as it's a very small buffet and it didn't seem to be that you could order anything specific. The lunch we had at the Spice club was very nice although the dinner was pretty ordinary and the meals at the Press club were just awful. I'd recommend Al Haleb just down the road (turn left out of the hotel) and if it's American style stuff there is Chillis and a couple of others just a little further down, all within walking distance.

The pool is small but there wasn't anyone using it probably because this really does seem like a business hotel. The rooms were spacious and we didn't have a problem with cleanliness and we can only be grateful that after a 17 hour flight from NZ we got an early check in and picked up from the airport.

I'd probably choose to be closer to the beach next time but that has nothing to do with the hotel, just its location.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank speedyc
Reviewed 2 January 2008

I didn't want to spend too much on our stay as it was literally an overnight stop with an early start. I booked it mainly because of its proximity to the airport. I was surprised at just how good a hotel it was for the amount we actually paid. It was modern with excellent facilities and helpful staff. We got an upgrade to a very comfortable room and it felt a great shame that we were asleep for most of our visit. The Spice Club restaurant was excellent as was the buffet breakfast. If you're looking for a sight seeing, shopping or even a golf break in Dubai then I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seacombe
Reviewed 6 November 2007

From the airport, the service desk of the hotel gave a first rate service. The hotel is very clean, quiet and very big rooms. I cannot fault them for anything. It is not far from everything and places you want to go to, but it is well situated from all the noise and construction taken place in Dubai. The only thing is most taxi drivers do not know how to get there. It is very quiet inside the hotel. The porters will be very willing to help you with almost anything. Always book your taxi before leaving your room, but remember to ask for meter taxi

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fol25
Reviewed 25 May 2007

First time I had to go to Dubai for business. When planning I was amazed by the huge amount of hotels in Dubai and found it difficult to choose. As I arrived late in the evening and would fly back at 1:00 am I decided that staying close(ish) to the airport would be wise. Business budget for a hotel is about 100GBP per night. Based on all that and the reviews on Tripadvisor I choose Le Meridien Fairway.
Reception staff was extremely helpful and friendly from day one. Hotel room was very spacious, clean and with all the things one expects from a premium hotel (incl. free wireless internet access, even though hrs.de mentioned there was a charge for it). Turn down service and a free bottle of water every day were nice extra touches.
Breakfast selection was fine, I went for room service twice which only costed slightly more (I think 10 DHS - 1.50 GBP). The hotel's location is very good right in the (original) centre of Dubai and a few minutes from the airport. Taxis in Dubai cost very little and even a chauffeur organised by the hotel "only" costs 75 DHS (11 GBP) per hour, which can be a nice alternative to see a bit of the city. I only had a snack in one of the hotel's bar (Press club), which was nice. But I heard from other hotel guests that the main restaurant (Indian) wasn't very good.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business