“margaret b”

Ranked #58 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
SCOTLAND
“margaret b”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed 5 nights to celebrate my daughters 40th birthday we thought hotel staff were exceptional ,Angel in the club lounge was lovely he even got the chef to cook some haggis for us.Mjay in the spa was really nice as well ,she does a great massage.Food was amazing ,room was huge had a great view of the palm from our balcony ,would recommend club room worth the extra, all in all can not fault this hotel we had a ball hope to go back again and would choose Ocean View again .

Room Tip: choose a club room on higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear SUBOSNOOT,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Ocean View Hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a belated “Happy Birthday to your daughter!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to read your positive comments about the hotel, the food which you have kindly mentioned was amazing, as well as the rooms which you found to be large, with a lovely balcony and nice views of the Palm.

Your personal acknowledgements for my team whom you felt were exceptional were very much appreciated, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It was the cheapest hotel I found in the Dubai Marina. It's at the southern end of the Marina. Although taxis and people don't know about it, it's quite easy to find and you can reach it in 2 minutes from the main highway.

Some problems:
- They are doing works in front of the hotel. But it's like this in all the Marina...
- They have a private beach, 30 minutes away by car. It's between the abandoned Jebel Ali Palm and the port. It's really the beach of another resort and it's not nice, you can't see the horizon from there because it's surrounded by the palm and the port. There are lots of algas. There are no umbrellas in the sand, but there are in the grass. They offer a free transfer between the beach and the hotel, but with few frequency.
- There were some music from the hotel lounges.

I liked the views from it, although the works. The swimming pool is nice and they do a very good chicken sandwich in the swimming pool bar.

Prices are very good, not sure if it was an offer, but they say the rooms are quite expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Genis D,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the hotel, which you found to be great value for money, as well as the food that you enjoyed at our pool bar.

You have mentioned about some noise disturbance which you experienced due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which was unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to apologise if it detracted from what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay.

With regards to your feedback about the algae and umbrellas at our sister property, we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with the concerned management team.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

2 adults 1 child stayed here for a night recently, I had read the hotel has been renovated recently. Was highly impressed with the hotel on entering from the valet through the checkin process. Rooms very clean, excellent amenities, impressive bathroom with Elemis products, good customer service.... Pool area was good also, free towels to use and a beach kit was also offered. The sun is not on the pool all day due to the surround buildings, this did not cause a problem. I would suggest they mark out the steps in the pool as they are not very well marked, be careful. We had breakfast in the 24/7 cafe downstairs which had a good selection. Please note there is construction opposite, a mall I believe, although we did not hear anything whilst in the room it is a bit of an eye sore. Saying that there is construction all over Dubai. We would certainly recommend staying here, we shall return

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank joannamje
Dear joannamje,

It was lovely to read about your impressions about the hotel, which you have kindly mentioned were excellent as well as the amenities. I would also like to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the excellent service that was received in particular the valet, check-in process; the cleanliness, as well as the rooms with impressive bathroom and Elemis products which you enjoyed.

In regards to the noise disturbance you experienced which is due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which is unfortunately beyond our control; I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort caused during your stay with us.

You have also highlighted and I have noted your feedback with regards to the limited sunshine in the afternoon around the pool area, which again is unfortunately beyond our control.

I have further noted your suggestions with regards to the pool area, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Leisure and Recreation Manager and this would certainly be a consideration for the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We just got back from a week break at the Ocean View Hotel and it was amazing! Just fantastic! This hotel is definately in the higher end scale of 4*. The food, hospitality and welcome we got from the hotel was so warming.

Its on one end of The Walk which is perfect for evening strolls. The beach is a stone throw away, the pool always has the sun shining. The metro is also near by and is extremely easy to use with only 2 lines! Can't go wrong.

If I had to nit-pick something, that would be that the pillows were quite small, more square than rectangle and were a bit lifeless, however we did speak to housekeeping about his and were given some new pillows, however these still were not hard enough.

Room Tip: Yes there is a construction site outside, yes the club does get a bit loud but overall the pros defi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Katherine B,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel, which you felt has very high standards, a perfect location, the food, as well as the pool which you enjoyed. It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, and for you to have experienced Heartfelt Hospitality that we pride ourselves on. I will personally ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have noted your comments with regards to the pillows, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for review.

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

This is a modern chic hotel, the rooms have a clean and modern feel and offer comfortable yet affordable accommodation in Dubai within close proximity of the beach. The choice and qualiy of the breakfast was superb and the free parking and valet service an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AJMUK,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and its facilities, the quality and food selection which you found to be superb, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were clean, modern and comfortable. You have also mentioned about the free parking and valet service that we offer, which you found to be a bonus.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

We've have just had a 3 night stay here and absolutely loved this hotel... Very clean, staff are very polite and helpful! Was apprehensive about construction noise from previous reviews but once u closed the balcony doors u never heard a thing! Definately the best hotel i've stayed in. Tea, coffee, water, these were all replenished daily, a turn down service and a nightly chocolate on the pillow was a nice touch too. The one and only downside for me was the hot water, this seemed to be a problem later in the day, shower in the morning was lovely and hot but afternoon/evening wasn't even luke warm! Bit of a shock :). Would definately come back and stay here again, lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Denuse200570,

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed review following your stay, which I was delighted to read that you decided to stay following other travelers reviews after some hesitation. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel, which you found to be very clean; the turn down service that was received, as well the rooms amenities with a nice touch of chocolates on your pillow that you enjoyed.

I have noted your comments regarding the hot water in your accommodation bathroom. Please rest assured I have shared your comments with the Chief Engineer for immediate action and attention to avoid reoccurrence in the future, and I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very polite and helpful were very much appreciated, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Essex uk
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have just returned form a 6 night stay at this hotel and our overall impression was great, the hotel staff where faultless.....really helpful, the location was brillaint and we loved the free shuttle bus that was provided to take us to the malls, markets and beach.
There are building works going on around the hotel but this didnt interupt us and to be honest we quite enjoyed watching the goings on.
The food was brilliant especially the Brazilian grill...highly recommend, it was also great that the half board allows you to use the sister hotel which was only a 10 min walk away.
Our only concern was that there where no umbrellas for all the sunbeds around the pool so if you where later getting up you would be in the sun all day....no shade!!!

We will definately be back and will recommend this hotel to people that ask us about Dubai.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steph29Essex
Dear Steph29Essex,

It was lovely to read about your first impressions about the hotel, which you have kindly mentioned was great and is situated in a perfect location. I would also like to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the complimentary shuttle service, the half-board package that you opted for as well as the food served in Fogo Vivo which you found to be brilliant. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit to our sister property in Oasis Beach Tower which you enjoyed.

With regards to your comments about having more umbrellas around the pool deck area, I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Leisure and Recreation Manager for review.