“Wonderful place for making your wife happy !!!!!”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #63 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife had to do lots of running around recently and I wanted to take her to a nice place for the weekend so that she could relax and needless to say, the activity had to be within budget !!! After doing a little bit of research I booked Ocean View and I am very glad I did so. The location of the hotel is at one of the most happening areas of Dubai which is at The Walk, JBR. The hotel premise is like standard 5 stars but what is amazing in this property are the rooms. The rooms are so beautifully done that we didn't feel like disturbing anything in the rooms :). We were also given access to the Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa where one can spent the entire day at the beach and enjoy the views of beautiful peacocks, horses and lush green landscapes. Ample of dining options in and around the hotel. All in all it was a good break which made my wife very happy !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Vikram-Nehal,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

It was lovely to read your review about the hotel, and I was delighted to read that you decided to stay following research which you did on the hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were amazing and beautifully done. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property in Jebel Ali Beach Hotel which you enjoyed the beach, the peacocks, the horses and the green landscapes around the resort.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,279)

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I had the chance to stay @ the Ocean view Hotel in JBR last two weeks ago to celebrate my birthday with my wife.
At the check in, the staff Pradeep was more than helpful and Mr. Vigo who knew about my birthday gave us an upgrade to the Next level room which is club room i believe with the wonderful cake.
The room is amazing with a great view on the palm and Atlantis.
We had dinner at Brazilian restaurant in Fogo vivo and the food was very very good.

Room Tip: Better high floor.
1  Thank Agustus K

Dear Agustus K,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a belated “Happy Birthday to you!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed review following your stay; the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were amazing with a great view of the Palm, as well as the food served in Fogo Vivo which you found to be very good.

You have kindly personally acknowledged members of my team whom you felt were helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Review based on staying at the Ocean View hotel in Dubai for 4 nights, in a Twin Sea View Club Suite on 24th Floor on a Half Board basis.

Arrival>
We were met by a chuffer at the airport terminal upon arrival, taken to a modern top class Audi, where we were transferred to the hotel within 30 minutes.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the porter that took out luggage, and then in turn greeted by the concierge and reception manager. Check-in was effortless, with a wealth of information provided. You need not worry too much if you do not remember all of the information, as this is provided to you within a welcome pack, and in room information books.
We were delighted to be informed that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite for the duration of our stay.

First Impressions>
Extremely friendly, welcoming staff, very bright modern clean and fresh looking, with a curving staircase around the main lobby with a modern display of lighting.

Hotel Accommodation >
Upon being taken to the room on the 24th floor, we were shown around by the very informative concierge manager, showing all of the facility available.
The lounge was spacious with a double and single sofa, coffee table, a dining table + 4 chairs, sideboard with a 42” LCD TV and a balcony overlooking the main pool side, and great views of the Palm. Coffee facilities were provided together with a Chargeable mini bar (average hotel prices).
There was a large double wardrobe, Safe and Toilet with single wash basin, just at the entrance to the suite.
The bedroom had two single beds that were extremely comfortable, another 42” LCD TV and a second large wardrobe, also a second balcony, again overlooking the palm.

On suite bathroom with twin sinks, shower room, bath, and toilet cubical. Also Robes, slippers, Elemis toiletries were provided.
Each day you would receive two complementary bottles of water, a bed turn down service with again another two bottles of water, and in addition a chocolate. The room would be cleaned daily with a new supply of clean towels.
Also on offer were complementary cloths pressing service for people staying in the club rooms, however should you wish to have an iron within your room, simply request this from housekeeping. This was not advised within any documentation or room book.

Executive Club Lounge >
The lounge is provided for guest staying within the Club and Suite rooms as part of the package. The lounge had extremely good views of the Palm and staff were a wealth of information and extremely friendly, especially Lillian and Merry of whom are a real asset to the hotel.
The only let down for the lounge was the lack of ambiance which was due to the lack of people using the facility, maybe due to low occupancy at the time. Snacks were not available all day as advertised, but were available between 3-5pm. Happy hour is between 6-8pm where selected drinks were available free of charge together with further food samples from the other restaurants.
Breakfast was also available between 6:30 – 11am, however due to the lack of people; we decided to use the main dining area.

Staff>
Very friendly and polite, always well presented and helpful, from Reception through to cleaning staff.

Hotel Grounds>
Fresh, light, clean, modern.

Facilities >
Gym, Spa, Hairdressers, Coffee shop 24hrs, restaurant and bar, wine cheese lounge. 4 lifts serve 25 floors and an Ice machine

Pool >
Adequate size Infinity pool, small children’s pool, covered loungers, pool bar / dining area and Towel bar.
Concerns around a building construction located in front of the hotel, to the front right hand side of the pool. While the construction did not appear to be noise or dusty, concerns were that it was questionable as to how high the construction shall go, and if this would affect the view of the pool and its whole purpose being an Infinity pool. Indication from staff suggests that it shall be a low level building.

Dinning >
There were several different dining facilities. A Brazilian, buffet, French, International open-air, as well use of Oasis hotel restaurant
During our stay we dined at the Brazilian restaurant on two occasions, of which the food severed was very tasty, however the let down was the fact that the meat being served was extremely slow and only 3 different cuts on HB basis, compared with 11 cuts for full paying customers. We found that we would be sitting with empty plates for 10 minutes on a number of occasions.

Overall summary >
A great hotel within an up and coming area of Dubai marina, located on The Walk. Very modem, clean and fresh in appearance, with outstanding hospitality, friendly and polite staff. Excellent facilities, with good sizes comfortable rooms.
Restaurants on the HB accommodation need improving, while again the staff were great polite, and the food very tasty, it was simply the service / principle of the Mexican system Green (more meat) / Red (No more) that let it down.

The hotel certainly warrants it’s awarded 4 Star rating, a hotel that I would return to and recommend to both friends and family alike.

Room Tip: The higher the better for great views, however all rooms have a sea view. Club and suite rooms have...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Globle-Executive

Dear Globle-Executive,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Ocean View Hotel.

It was lovely to read about your first impressions of the hotel, and please allow me to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your positive comments about the hotel; the arrangement of lightings, the amenities and its facilities, the huge televisions’ which you enjoyed, the service that was received, as well as to the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were spacious, modern and clean with comfortable beds and plenty of room facilities and nice views of the Palm.

I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to dined our sister property in Oasis Beach Tower and our very own Fogo Vivo which you enjoyed. I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were extremely friendly, polite, helpful and well informative. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

We value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team for their review and to make any necessary changes. I was sorry to hear of any noise disturbance you had experienced due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which is unfortunately beyond our control.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is a follow up to an incomplete review posted in February. We liked the hotel so much we decided to extend our stay last time. Now, we'll be heading back to Ocean View on June 1st and staying for nearly a week. My wife and I loved the hotel. The pool staff were very friendly as was the hostess from S. Africa at the breakfast buffet. Girders pub had amazing food. The fish n chips and haggis were amazing. Portions were MUCH larger than expected for the price, so we ended up with too much food. Well worth it. The location is perfect. Of all of the hotels in this section of Dubai, you truly get the best value for your money. Nice size balconies, free shuttles around Dubai and their sister hotel. The rooms are spacious and once again the staff was amazing. My wife loved the design of the hotel and rooms. She also enjoyed the salon and they did an excellent job coloring, cutting, and styling her hair. She's headed back for 2nd appointment this week. Can't wait to get back tomorrow. I plan to take many photos and upload them to tripadvisor soon. This hotel will definitely be my second home for my Dubai trips over the next couple of years of my stay in the middle east.
DeMarko

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear demarkot,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was great value for money and in a perfect location; the complimentary shuttle service, the interior design and furniture, the rooms which you found was spacious, as well as the Salon treatment which you enjoyed. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our very own Girder’s bar which you found the food was amazing and well worth it.

Your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay where very much appreciated, and I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Located on the busy JBR walk, it is a treasure. We checked in after a long journey and were pleasantly surprised with complimentary welcome drinks on arrival while waiting for the room allocation. A nice touch which impresses and shows that they are thinking about everything.
Staff were friendly and helpful parking the car and giving good advise on arrival. The room was very comfortable with all the modern cons and complimentary tea, coffee etc. I used the spa, jaccuzzi and sauna and was very pleased. Well worth trying if you stay although men and women have different times.
Breakfast was amazing. They had a wide spread on which looked more like brunch and all very delicious. We ate on the terrace which was lovely. The beach is just accross the road.
They have a number of restaurants though we did not eat inhouse so cannot comment. Thoroughly enjoyable and will definately come again.

1  Thank Eliz D
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Happy1 Tunbridge,

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I was happy to know that you will hope to return in the future! I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to the spa and its facilities, which you have kindly mentioned were very pleased; the rooms which you felt were comfortable and modern, as well as the breakfast food which you found were very delicious and amazing.

Your positive comments with regards for my team whom you felt were friendly and helpful were very much appreciated, and I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

There are so many hotels to choose from in Dubai that one is definitely spoiled for choice. One thing that makes this hotel stand out is the amazing massage offered by MJ. Her ability to make you feel at ease is coupled with probably the best deep tissue sports massage I have ever experienced and trust me, as a seasoned traveler I have had many. If you are fortunate to stay in this hotel, or indeed are in need of a relaxing massage, make a point of booking a treatment with MJ.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better, but then you don't book a hotel on JBR for tranquility!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrea P

Dear Andrea P,

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to read your positive comments with regards to your stay, as well as the spa treatment which you have kindly mentioned was amazing. I would particularly like to thank you for your kind words regarding MJ from Spa; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to her.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel, I can recommend it to everyone!
The look is beautiful, it's always clean and neat, all the staff is very kind. The room service is a bit more expensive than a normal restaurant, but that's ok I guess.
The pool has a nice view towards the sea, and the temperature is just fine - not too warm, not too cold.
There are taxis available at the entrance at all times, so it's not a problem to go anywhere. The closest metro station (Jumeirah Lake Towers) are about 1 km walk. It's very close to the Dubai Marina, which is full of restaurants and bars. If you walk on the main road that's parallel with the beach, you'll find several other restaurants as well.
The hotel has no private beach, but the public beach is just about 3-4 minutes walk away. You'll get towels for the pool or different ones and umbrellas for the beach.

If you wanna get to the center, the hotel offers free shuttle bus to the main destinations (Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, Gold souk...). Otherwise they're a bit far away, it's a long ride by the metro.

Dear Jagohu,

I was delighted to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel which you found to be beautiful, clean and neat; the hotels’ accessible locations, the pool which you found to be a nice view, as well as the complimentary shuttle service which you enjoyed.

Your praise for my team whom you felt were very kind; was very much appreciated, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.