“Impressed”

Ranked #58 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Impressed”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arranged a 4 night bed and breakfast stay on our way back from Australia, having read the reviews we booked the Ocean View. A beautiful spacious room on the 21st floor with a magnificent sea view. Reception and concierge were very helpful and informative.
Breakfast was buffet style, and the choice was endless, it was really superb.
The hotel had a shuttle bus to link with The Big Red Tour Bus that gives a detailed commentary as it takes you around Dubai, a very informative trip that included a river boat cruise on the creek.
The beach was only about 100 meters away, but you had to walk through a building site for about 50 meters, it did not stop us going, the beach was very nice, but it will be better once the new shopping mall is completed. We were made aware of the construction work before our visit, it stretched for about 200 meters along Jumeirah Beach from our hotel along to the Hilton but it did not give us any problems.
We did take the courtesy bus to the sister hotel which has a private beach, and it was worth the journey.
We would certainly return to the Ocean View Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gazza385l
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear gazza385l,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was a great pleasure to read your review following your stay, and I was delighted that you decided to stay with us following other traveller’s positive reviews. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were beautiful and spacious as well as the breakfast experience which was superb!

I was also very happy to know that you had a chance to use the complimentary shuttle bus service to visit our sister property whilst staying with us

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out which unfortunately is beyond our control; however I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Your positive comments for my team whom you felt were very helpful and informative are very much appreciated, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

After frequently passing through Dubai airport en route to Australia, we decided to take a 4-day stopover and finally visit the city sights with the help of Arabian Adventures. Upon arrival at the Ocean View, we had the opportunity to upgrade, a choice I was pleased I took. The room was very comfortable, spacious and with a great view. There is construction work in the area but then there this is across the whole of Dubai which is driven by a desire to excel. This, however, did not dampen our experience.
The inclusive package of breakfast, afternoon tea & pre-dinner drinks together with the use of the lounge at other times largely met our physical needs for sustenance and the service provided was excellent. The attending staff could not do enough to assist us in every way possible and to ensure that anything we wanted was provided. Jackline and her colleagues should also be commended on their friendliness and consistent attention to our every need.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the city and to the hotel beach which are both at some distance. We had booked alternative excursions and so did not avail ourselves of this service and between our various trips, we used the public beach within very easy walking distance from the pool area. This was more than adequate for a swim and still very impressive when compared to the average British beach.
I cannot express my appreciation enough to the many staff who served us so well during our stay; they were both personable and professional in every way. Should I visit Dubai again, I will certainly return to the Ocean View Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank andyinglos
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear andyinglos,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was extremely pleased to know that our hotel surpassed your expectations and overall had an enjoyable stay. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel, the accommodation, the complimentary shuttle bus service as well as the all-inclusive package which you have kindly mentioned was excellent!

Your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay are highly appreciated, and some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a fantastic and new hotel with a very nice staff and the bests hosts ever the portuguese Paulo Santos and the Italian Helena Giordano, they took care of everything we needed, such as nice private transfer from and to the airport ,all the advises concerning places to visit , car to rent, restaurants to go, you just ask and in 5m everything is more than arranged....
We stayed in a superb suite on the 25th floor with an amazing views to the Arabian sea.
Very well located next to all interesting and central places to visit.
We really felt ourselves at home and this is really a place always to return....

Thanks a lot for the best hospitality ever....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at Ocean View hotel in February 2013. During 3 weeks we were chosing the hotel in the internet reading the comments and watching the pictures on the internet and finally we chose this one! It was the first time for us in Dubai and if we go there once again we will chose this hotel with a great pleasure.
The hotel has a good location not far away from the nice walking area Jumeirah, so you can go shopping or have a dinner whenever you prefer that. Everytime we needed a taxi the bellboy could help us to catch it in few minutes. Then it took us approx. 15min to get to the Dubai mall or Burj Khalifa. The other opportunity was the subway station which was around 7min walk from the hotel (Dubai is a very safe city by the way)

As for the beaches, the advatage of Ocean view is that there is a shuttle bus to the very beautiful beach with nice nature and even some birds walking there. It is supplied with chaise longes, towels, bars, restaurants. We used to go to that beach every day, because the local one next to the hotel seemed to be a bit uncomfortable for us as far as there were no chaise lounges there, too many people, including locals and we didn`t feel comfortable to stay there in bikini respecting traditions of the citizens of Dubai.

We booked at Ocean View club room with the advantage of going to the bar at the 18th floor (if I am not mistaken). There were delicious dishes and drinks, but bare in mind that you can go there in the exact time (better to ask at the reception). I would also recommend you to ask at the reception the time for sauna if you will go there (because there was different time for men and women to go there).

We liked our room very much, the bed was very comfortable, also we had a beautiful view on the sea and the Palm Island. The stuff was very freindly and ready to help. There was a bit range of food at the restaurant every time we were there. Don^t forget to go to the restaurants al la carte, they serve very delicious meat, including oyters and omars and lobsters!!! In general we were very satisfied with our stay! Thank you very much! Though I am picky about the hotels but I will put all escellent marks because it was really nice there! We will be back! Believe me you will like it if you travel to Ocean view.

Room Tip: I would recommend to pay a bit more and chose the club room with more advantages
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elena M
Dear Elena M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at JA Ocean View Hotel in February 2013.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and I was delighted that you decided to stay at JA Ocean View Hotel following the reviews from other travellers.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel and its location, the quality of food and beverages as well as the bed in your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned were very comfortable. I was also happy to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property and were very satisfied with our complimentary shuttle bus services.

Your comments with regards to the service that you received from my team, whom you felt were friendly and always ready to help were very much appreciated. I will ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

While I have visited Dubai on business, this was my first time as a tourist. We were a family of four, with kids aged 6 and 8, staying for 5 nights. We did our research before travelling and had set some criteria, ie room size, hotel facilities, proximity to the beach, proximity to the malls / distractions. We were swayed towards the JA Ocean View by past reviews and competitive pricing. We were also fully aware of the ongoing construction in the vicinity, hence made requests for a room on a high floor. We were delighted on arrival to learn that we had been given one on the 23rd Floor. We had selected a Family Room, which was perfect in terms of size and facilities. Our package also included access to the Executive floor, which was handy for taking High Tea on a couple of occasions!

The hotel is located well for access to the beach, a variety of outside restaurants in the JBR, and there was no shortage of taxis to get us to our various destinations. The hotel pool and gym were clean and well maintained. The reception that we received from the staff in all parts of the hotel was very good. They were polite, knowledgeable, and service oriented. The breakfast buffet was comprehensive, so able to cater to a wide variety of tastes. We did not take lunch or dinner in the hotel, so it would not be possible to comment on that.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for family groups, couples, and those wanting a modern hotel, with easy access to other parts of town.

Tips:
1. No real need to pay for an airport transfer, as there are plenty of Taxis available outside the airport, and they are all metered. It cost us about £15.00 to get to the hotel.
2. There is a bit of construction going on in the area, which appears to go through the night. If you are a light sleeper, request a room on a high floor
3. Be sure of the size / type of room that you are going to get
4. Dubai is more than just shopping; there were lots of distractions on offer, so do your research before going, or ask for some guidance at the hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BusyBeeTraveller2014
Dear BusyBee Traveller 2014,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel which you found to be a great place for families, the food served which you felt was great, the pool and the gym as well as your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was perfect.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were polite, knowledgeable and service oriented. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out which unfortunately is beyond our control.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Nice big room and not the usual beige and earthy tones. Good to stay somewhere with a bit of sparkle to it. Quite a bit of construction in front but it was not disruptive. Staff were helpful and polite. Breakfast was really good and decent value.

Room Tip: View over the beach and towards the Palm is nice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Squeaksy
Dear Squeaksy,

I was glad to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel rooms which you have kindly mentioned were big and nice as well as the breakfast experience that you have enjoyed during your stay from a value and product side.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby shopping promenade being finalized currently which is beyond our control. Nevertheless, I was very happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay!

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

After being in Thailand for 10 nights we were looking forward to going to Dubai for 4 nights and wow a place I will go back to. The hotel it's self and the rooms were lovely. Because it was our honeymoon we had champagne in the hotel with chocolates and little treats. The breakfast was a treat. They had everything. From eggs in all different ways. Crispy bacon. Sausage. Egg Benedict. Croissants. All different jams and chocolate spread. Fruit. Salads. Different cheeses. Curry dishes. Different types of bread. A lot of different soft drinks and your own coffee machine to use. Basically everything for different cultures. Coming out the hotel the beach is a 2 min walk. You will get a beach bag with Towels and a mat at the hotel. Beautiful sea. Now there is work going on at the hotel. We got a letter which said it was minor. This was more than minor. 24 hours working at the hotel. Hearing horns beep and people shouting. If we knew it was going to be more work going ahead we would have changed hotel. Defiantly visit the Dubai mall. An aquarium in the mall then every half hour after 6pm the waterfall show. It's amazing. Visit all the 1000+ shops and 500+ restuarants. The fashion walk in the mall with all your designer shops. It also has river island. Debenhams. Next boots and all other normal retailers. Visit the water park. Amazing rides screaming like a kid but a great experience. Book this at the hotel you save money. The hotel does free bus trips to different places. We visited the market which was about 15 min away from the hotel. If you do book trips they are over £100 each some of them. If yur Going anywhere get a taxi. They are so cheap. There is restuarants to thee left when you come out of the hotel entrance. Starbucks and other places aswell as an exchange shop for changing your money over. Staff were lovely and the cleaners did really wel who were also really nice. Bathroom in your room was really nice with all your elemis shampoos extra compliment from the hotel. You have a mini bar in the room which we did use. An experience we wont forget and will defiantly visit this hotel again hopefully when al the building work has been completed.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank simpson1985
Dear simpson1985,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I would firstly like to thank you for your very detailed feedback from your stay, and I am delighted that we managed to meet your expectations in making your honeymoon trip a special and memorable one.

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed review, and I was extremely pleased to know that you felt our hotel surpassed your high expectations. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel, the amenities as well as the selection of food that were served to you especially during your breakfast experience.

I have also noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control and as you had seen yourself almost completed with the opening of the new shopping promenade planned this month.

Your positive comments about my team are highly appreciated, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.