“Excellent! ”

Ranked #60 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Selby, United Kingdom
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel earlier this month for the start of our honeymoon and how brilliant it was. The staff were absolutely excellent, polite, friendly, helpful, and welcoming. The hotel was clean and tidy and well presented, we had been informed that there was building work going on outside the hotel before we arrived, but we hardly noticed, and there is building work going on all over Dubai. We never heard a sound from it.
When we arrived in our room we received a cake, sparkling wine and fruit for our honeymoon, it was lovely.
We were only here for 4 nights but after the second night a family checked in to the room next to us which unfortunately had an adjoining door, they were extremely loud and noisy with the children constantly screaming, they kept trying to get into our room through the adjoining door. I spoke to the hotel about it and they immediately moved our room without me having to ask, nothing was too much trouble.
My husband and I like to play cards, and we did so in the seating area of the lobby, the manager came over to us and said we were not allowed to play as it could be perceived as gambling, which is illegal in Dubai. Although we knew some of the laws we were not aware of this, but we were obviously happy to oblige and respect the culture, the manager was very polite and diplomatic.
The food was amazing, I am extremely fussy when it comes to food, this is the best I have ever had in a hotel abroad. There was so much choice and it was all lovely.
We had an amazing time in Dubai, it is a brilliant city with so much to see and do, I wish that we had stayed in this hotel for longer, we didn't want to leave to our next destination.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HannahJMac
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Hanna G,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was pleased to know that you had decided to stay with us to celebrate a special occasion. As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I was happy to hear that your stay was brilliant and lovely. Your first impression about the hotel is also very much appreciated, which you have kindly mentioned was clean, tidy and well presented.

It was a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with the food served in our restaurants which you found to be amazing, lovely, had a lot of choice, and was the best you have ever had in a hotel abroad.

I do appreciate your positive comments about my team whom you felt were absolutely excellent, polite, friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Emsworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We upgraded to a club seaview room on arrival which meant we had access to the excecutive lounge on the 24th floor, which included afternoon tea, free happy hour of drinks and buffet and breakfast, which was well worth it.
Our room on the 21st floor was modern, spacious and very comfortable.
The pool area was disappointing as it was in the shade all day and the pool water was cold. We took the beach pack and went to the public beach nearby. We also used the free shuttle to the JA Jebel Ali hotel which was a great day out.
There is quite a bit of noise from the construction work in front of the hotel which I was woken up by at 5 am twice.
I would recommend this hotel for its location, near the beach, but so easy to get to all the attractions by taxi or metro.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor
1 Thank elizabethh
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear elizabethh,

It was lovely to read that you found your room to be modern, spacious and very comfortable. On top of all, I was very pleased to hear that you had a chance to access the Coral Lounge facilities which you enjoyed.

It can be challenging at times to maintain the normal water temperature in our outdoor swimming pool due to the current weather temperatures that we are experiencing in the UAE. Furthermore, I would like to inform you with the summer sun raising our pool itself does have sun from 11.00am onwards, we also do have a 2nd 1000sm2 sun deck area on the opposite side of the hotel which is accessible from the 3rd floor and gives additional sunlight hours.

I would like to apologize for any noise disturbance you may have experienced during your stay with us, due to the nearby road and tile laying work being carried out, which is unfortunately beyond our control. I would also like to update you that most constructions are scheduled to complete sooner which will then provide an additional attraction around the vicinity.

Erbil, Iraq
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

There is no doubt the service is very good here, if at sometimes a little fake or forced. But good none the less.
Room size dissapointing depending on how much time you plan to spend in it. Which was most eveings as we have young children. We were offered to pay a little extra and have use of the coral lounge on the 24th floor and a room higher up, which was worth it except all the couples old and young didnt appreciate two kids wanting to play whilst they sip their afternoon tea or enjoy the happy hour in the evening.

The location and the beach bag provided is very good, pool was clean and warm but always in the shade. food was good the Brazzillain eating expirience was good with 12 cuts of meat worth the money.Be sure to read the info in your room of whats happening in the hotel in the restuarants each night. Breakfast on the 24th floor was very good gr8 choices and delicious. Coffee was bitter everytime though.
I would stay again but would really need a bigger room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear angelina257,

As a hotel we fully appreciate that the warmth and hospitality of our team members is of paramount importance, and we have also established ourselves because of our heartfelt hospitality for the past 30 years as a leading resort operator here in the UAE. It is therefore with regret that I learned of your feedback, and rest assured that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests.

I have also noted that you were not satisfied with the size of the room that you had during your recent stay with us. We have different room categories to choose from, depending on the requirements of our guests and our rooms do actually follow international 5 star size standard in size, besides we are only classified 4 star (in other words you pay 4, get 5 star standard). But nevertheless, I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if these information were not clearly explained to you upon your initial booking back home. For parents travelling with 2 children we do recommend the booking of our family room, in size between 55 – 75sm2

It was very nice to read your positive comments about the accessibility of the hotel’s location, the food served in Coral Lounge and in our very own restaurant particularly at Fogo Vivo. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beach bag that we provided, as well as the cleanliness and warmth of our swimming pool.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My Wife and I Just came back from a Fantastic Holidays in Dubai. The staff was Brilliant the moment from the door staff till departure every one we encountered was exceptional.
We wanted to give Special Thanks to Ali at concierge Desk who was just exceptional with his outstanding knowledge and his friendliness we always feel welcomed and comfortable.
We can’t wait any more to come back to Dubai and to JA Ocean View Hotel.

Room Tip: Look for Ali at Concierge desk for good advise what to do in Dubai
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Chris C,

I was very happy to read that you were completely satisfied with the service that my team provided to you and your wife during your stay with us, which you have kindly mentioned was brilliant and exceptional. You have also personally acknowledged one of them by name whom you felt was exceptional, has outstanding knowledge, friendly, as well as made you feel welcomed and comfortable. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

What a great hotel with great staff., they certainly excelled at customer service We found everyone to be only too willing to assist us with any request that we may have had be it from where to eat or what sights to see, they went that extra mile. We cannot stop telling all our family and friends about our stay in Dubai. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was delicious with a great variety to suit everyone's taste. We will return I am sure.

Room Tip: Any room would be perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Blatch13,

It was lovely to read your review and your positive comment about the hotel, as well as the comfortableness and cleanliness of the room. It was also nice to know that you were very pleased with the food served during breakfast in our restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was delicious with a great variety.

Your compliments about the service you received from my team are highly appreciated, which you felt went extra mile.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

A very comfortable & trendy Hotel, next to the beach, nice & busy outlets, spacious & modern rooms.
All the Staffs & Management are very friendly & professionals too!
For Family Holydays & to enjoy Dubai too, Ocean View is a very good location. The Kids Club is very well organized and allow the Parents to relax with no worries while the Kids are there!
Amazing Brunch & Le Rivage Restaurant, very classy in a pure style trendy French Brasserie. The value for money is unbeatable, live cooking, live roasting, grill à la minute, Cocktails "Mojito" Bar, including Rosé Champagne, and so, and so!
...A real festive Family & Friends place to be to spend & share a real & authentic gourmet moment.
Nicolas Valero

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Top quality 4 star hotel. Excellent facilities and service from all levels of staff. Our standard sea view room was a good size and very comfortable with a nice bathroom and good toiletries and spotlessly clean. The room was serviced to a high standard and each evening our sheets were turned down and new towels supplied.
The breakfast was among the best that we have ever experienced, with food to suit any taste.
The hotel is in a good position with views over The Palm and easy access to The Walk.
Some building work is in progress very close by but this appears to be nearing completion and will make the area very pleasant indeed.
Anyone choosing the Ocean View will not be disappointed. If we return to Dubai we will not hesitate to return to this hotel.

1 Thank justroving
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear justroving,

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel which you found to be in top quality, has an excellent facilities and service, and in a good location. I was also happy to know that you were satisfied with your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was in a good size, very comfortable, spotlessly clean, had good bathroom toiletries, and always serviced to a high standard.

It was good to hear that you considered the breakfast served in our restaurant to be among the best you have ever experienced.