“Great Hotel”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #67 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a great few days in Dubai. Stayed at the JA Ocean View, thought it was a great hotel. Really friendly staff, we had a room on the 22nd floor with a balcony and awesome views.
Hotel very clean, really comfortable bed, also very good breakfast selection.
Really enjoyed the pool, no direct beach access at the moment due to
work going on at the marina but only takes 5 minutes to walk there and they give you a beach set with an umbrella, beach mat and towels
Would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise C
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Denise C,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your first impression about the hotel which you found to be great, very clean and had rooms with awesome views and comfortable bed. You have also kindly mentioned that the food selection served during breakfast in our restaurants was very good. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed the beach bag amenities provided to you.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding my team whom you felt were really friendly, on which I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We upgraded to the 24th floor rooms and had use of a lovely lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening pre-dinner drinks included.
The room was very spacious and had good views over the bay.
There is a lot of building work going on all around but it didn't bother us being so high up.

Room Tip: Go as high up as you can and make sure you get a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear linandmark,

Your positive review about the hotel is highly appreciated, as well as your accommodation which you felt was very spacious and had good views. I was also happy to read that you had a chance to utilise our very own Coral Lounge facilities which you enjoyed.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

If you want to stay at the The Wall, this is not the best positioned hotel but I suppose it could be the best value-service balanced one. I was at 14th floor and, am not disturbed so much of noise coming from construction in front. As all says here, the service and staff is great. The breakfast is good enough. The lunch buffet was moderate but it was enough formour business trip. The loby, cafe and bar inside is not enjoyable at all. The Deck is good but the pool is poor.

Stayed: April 2014
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Zafer_dikmen,

I was pleased to read your positive comment about the service you received from my team which you felt was great! On the location, well this is a two sided coin, as I do think we are right at the “right” beginning of the walk with our beach elevator ending directly next to the entrance zone od Dubai’s newest attraction “The Beach – outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment pedestrian zone”, which especially the northern part of the walk cannot offer being fully build up with the beach hotels and construction sites.

I have noted that you were not satisfied with the hotel’s lobby, some restaurants available in the hotel, as well as the swimming pool. Should your time permit, I would be most interested to receive further details from you, in order for us to address your concerns, and where possible make necessary improvements. I would invite you to contact me directly on generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com so that I can discuss your feedback in more detail.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

First time in dubai and with plenty of hotels with a variety of cost and location for me this was a great pick. We had room 811 which had a stunning view overlooking dubai as far as the Atlantic, although there was plenty of construction work the overall view of the pool and sea was enough to distract. We had somes snack there a couple of times and the food was good. The rooms are spot on, the staff were very helpful. The location is perfect, stone throw from the beach, bars and main front. The weather was hot but the warm pool was excellent for cooling you down. The free cocktails on ladies night were lovely! Great value, great place.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Julie g,

It was nice to read that you had decided to stay with us during your first visit in Dubai, and I am happy to hear that you felt it was a great choice due to the value for money and hotel’s location.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your accommodation and its views, as well as to my team whom you have kindly mentioned were very helpful. I will personally ensure that your kind compliments are shared with.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

After trying to get to Dubai for New Years eve and being put off by the crazy prices I still wanted to stay at this beach hotel when I did get to Dubai. Booking the flight direct with netflights and the hotel direct I saved hundreds of pounds. The hotel however is not on the beach. In the last year the area has become the place in Dubai. Its great for restaurants, people watching and car watching with all the fabulous exotic cars using the road as a posers paradise. The staff made it for my partner and I. Every one greets you as Sir or Madam. Some remember your name. Nothing is too much. Everything is there. Great restaurant for breakfast and dinner. They even give you a bag with towels and an umbrella for the beach if you want to go to the public beach ! Going back in October ! oh I liked the elemis products in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: great location affordable stylish hotel for travellers to Dubai
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick L
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear nicklee1968,

I was very pleased to know that you decided to stay with us, and you have already considered returning to the hotel and oh yes, we will keep the Elemis product for you ;-).

It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location accessibility to restaurants, some tourist attractions and public beach, but just for the records we are not a beach hotel (with a private beach), we are a sea facing hotel (with very easy to the public beach right in front of the hotel, with 1 pool sea facing and a sun-deck not sea-facing and if you want to go to our private beach, we do have the JA Jebel Ali Beach Resort for you with complimentary bus service). I was happy to read that you had also appreciated the restaurants available in the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was great!

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about my team whom you felt were amazing, friendly and helpful. They make us work even harder to have happy guests.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We (husband, daughter and myself) have just returned from this hotel.

As a rule, at this time of year, we prefer beach hotels but the prices for the beach hotels were quite high so we opted for the Ocean View knowing we could use the Jebel Ali hotel beach facilities.

Upon check in, all appeared well, the standard room whilst not huge was well appointed and fine for what we needed. However several hours after unpacking, we noticed a problem with the room, it took two attempts to resolve the issue. The problem was dealt with eventually and staff were very apologetic but my husband did send an email directly to the hotel manager to notify him of the problem we endured.

I will not go into details as this would be unfair to the hotel as the following evening it came to light the general manager had attempted to contact us several times and had indeed upgraded us to a one bedroom suite and a bouquet of flowers had been left for us as way of an apology. We certainly did not expect this and we thought this was a really kind gesture. The newly appointed room was excellent and it certainly enhanced our stay.

Other than the problem at the start of the holiday, we encountered no other issues and had a great holiday. All of the staff were very pleasant and we found the service overall to be excellent. We have to give special mention to Sumitra and in particular, Merry, who were exceptional and went out of their way to make a fuss of our little girl.

The hotel overlooks quite a bit of construction, however this will be finished in a few months and in fact it is adding extra shops and eateries so overall it will be beneficial once completed.

The walk is a busy place, traffic can be bad in the evenings and weekends but if you plan to stay within the vicinity it is a great place due to the large choice of restaurants, cafes etc and there is always plenty going on. The marina is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and this is a great place to take a morning stroll.

A slight downside to the hotel, is the pool, it is shaded for most of the day, the hotel has tried to rectify this by putting out beds on the other side of the hotel.The hotel also supplies towels and a parasol should you wish to use the public beach.

We used the JA beach resort 3 times which was great.We couldn't use it on weekends though, I understand the beach hotels get busy on weekends with members and day-users but the JA resort is so huge I'm sure they would be enough room for everyone.

Dubai has so many excellent hotels it can be easy to become fussy, the hotels along the walk are arguably not as high end as those along Jumeirah Beach or The Palm, but the Ocean View, especially considering it is officially 4*, holds its own with the other hotels along the walk. We have previously stayed at the Movenpick on The Walk which is 5*, I personally thought the Ocean View was better.

My only reason for given this hotel a 4 out of 5 rating is due to the incident we encountered on the first day and the pool area, other than that the hotel was an excellent 4* hotel.

This was our 6th Visit to a hotel operated by The Jebel Ali chain and it will not be our last.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are best to avoid noise from the walk and you will get an excellent view of t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hannahengland

Dear hannahengland,

It was very lovely to read your candid and detailed review, and pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us.

As we are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, I would also like to personally thank you that you have had given us the opportunity to mitigate any shortcomings you had experienced upon your arrival to the hotel.

I do agree with you about the outcome benefit of the construction works that is currently being carried out nearby the hotel. I have personally witnessed the development in the area which has now become a very popular local and tourist destination. In addition to new shops, restaurants, family entertainment and open-air cinema, we are also looking forward to the completion of other attraction in the area which will boost our popularity. I am sure that you will also enjoy these exciting developments once completed.

My team has always been acknowledged for delivering a heartfelt hospitality, and your positive comments about them have made it more noticeable. You have kindly mentioned that my team was very pleasant, exceptional and the service that they had provided was overall excellent.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future for a 8th 9th or 10th stay. Please do let me know personally on generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com when you come the next time to stay with us ;-)

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 23rd floor, lovely room with all the trimmings, great views of palm island! Kids loved the pool, the beach is close by.

There is the Walk to explore and the Marina close by with lots to do, bars, restaurants in abundance.

The breakfast is huge with lots of choice!

All in all great hotel and great service

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zulu_in_uae
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Zulu_in_uae,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the hotel, the service we provided, your accommodation which you felt was lovely with great views, the accessibility of the hotel’s location, as well as the amenities and facilities available in the hotel such as the swimming pool and restaurants.