“Wonderful Stay”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #64 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just stayed at this lovely hotel for 7 nights, had a club room which is great value for money, you can visit the club lounge for afternoon tea and drinks in the evening. Rooms exceptionally clean and great location for the JBW which is full of restaurants and shops. The hotel staff were always polite especially Jackline who worked in the club lounge. Visted the Brazillian restaurant which is located in the hotel and this was an experience not to be missed. Breakfast choice was excellent, pool area a bit on the small side and parts of the day did not get the sun, but this was compensated by a sun deck area at the rear of the hotel.
Would certainly visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a club room where the rooms are on the higher floors and you have access to the club lounge.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carole S
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Carole S,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was extremely pleased to know that overall you had a wonderful stay with us! I was also happy to read your positive comment about the cleanliness of the rooms in the hotel, and the accessibility of the hotel’s location.

It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and amenities available in the hotel such as the Coral Lounge and Fogo Vivo restaurant, as well as the food served during breakfast in our very own restaurant.

We are always genuine, sincere and honest in everything that we do, and your kind acknowledgement to my team is very much appreciated.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for JA Ocean View Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located right on the beach, but not as expensive as most hotels on Jumeirah.

Clean rooms, nice pool area, very nice breakfast. The staff are helpful and polite. Basically everything we expected from a good hotel.

Construction work near by, but we still recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBlase1

Dear MBlase1,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel’s location, the cleanliness of your accommodation, the swimming pool area, the food served during breakfast in our restaurants, as well as my team whom you felt were helpful and polite.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a great few days in Dubai. Stayed at the JA Ocean View, thought it was a great hotel. Really friendly staff, we had a room on the 22nd floor with a balcony and awesome views.
Hotel very clean, really comfortable bed, also very good breakfast selection.
Really enjoyed the pool, no direct beach access at the moment due to
work going on at the marina but only takes 5 minutes to walk there and they give you a beach set with an umbrella, beach mat and towels
Would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise C
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Denise C,

It was a pleasure to read your first impression about the hotel which you found to be great, very clean and had rooms with awesome views and comfortable bed. You have also kindly mentioned that the food selection served during breakfast in our restaurants was very good. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed the beach bag amenities provided to you.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding my team whom you felt were really friendly, on which I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We upgraded to the 24th floor rooms and had use of a lovely lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening pre-dinner drinks included.
The room was very spacious and had good views over the bay.
There is a lot of building work going on all around but it didn't bother us being so high up.

Room Tip: Go as high up as you can and make sure you get a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear linandmark,

Your positive review about the hotel is highly appreciated, as well as your accommodation which you felt was very spacious and had good views. I was also happy to read that you had a chance to utilise our very own Coral Lounge facilities which you enjoyed.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

If you want to stay at the The Wall, this is not the best positioned hotel but I suppose it could be the best value-service balanced one. I was at 14th floor and, am not disturbed so much of noise coming from construction in front. As all says here, the service and staff is great. The breakfast is good enough. The lunch buffet was moderate but it was enough formour business trip. The loby, cafe and bar inside is not enjoyable at all. The Deck is good but the pool is poor.

Stayed: April 2014
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Zafer_dikmen,

I was pleased to read your positive comment about the service you received from my team which you felt was great! On the location, well this is a two sided coin, as I do think we are right at the “right” beginning of the walk with our beach elevator ending directly next to the entrance zone od Dubai’s newest attraction “The Beach – outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment pedestrian zone”, which especially the northern part of the walk cannot offer being fully build up with the beach hotels and construction sites.

I have noted that you were not satisfied with the hotel’s lobby, some restaurants available in the hotel, as well as the swimming pool. Should your time permit, I would be most interested to receive further details from you, in order for us to address your concerns, and where possible make necessary improvements. I would invite you to contact me directly on generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com so that I can discuss your feedback in more detail.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

First time in dubai and with plenty of hotels with a variety of cost and location for me this was a great pick. We had room 811 which had a stunning view overlooking dubai as far as the Atlantic, although there was plenty of construction work the overall view of the pool and sea was enough to distract. We had somes snack there a couple of times and the food was good. The rooms are spot on, the staff were very helpful. The location is perfect, stone throw from the beach, bars and main front. The weather was hot but the warm pool was excellent for cooling you down. The free cocktails on ladies night were lovely! Great value, great place.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Julie g,

It was nice to read that you had decided to stay with us during your first visit in Dubai, and I am happy to hear that you felt it was a great choice due to the value for money and hotel’s location.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your accommodation and its views, as well as to my team whom you have kindly mentioned were very helpful. I will personally ensure that your kind compliments are shared with.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

After trying to get to Dubai for New Years eve and being put off by the crazy prices I still wanted to stay at this beach hotel when I did get to Dubai. Booking the flight direct with netflights and the hotel direct I saved hundreds of pounds. The hotel however is not on the beach. In the last year the area has become the place in Dubai. Its great for restaurants, people watching and car watching with all the fabulous exotic cars using the road as a posers paradise. The staff made it for my partner and I. Every one greets you as Sir or Madam. Some remember your name. Nothing is too much. Everything is there. Great restaurant for breakfast and dinner. They even give you a bag with towels and an umbrella for the beach if you want to go to the public beach ! Going back in October ! oh I liked the elemis products in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: great location affordable stylish hotel for travellers to Dubai
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick L
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear nicklee1968,

I was very pleased to know that you decided to stay with us, and you have already considered returning to the hotel and oh yes, we will keep the Elemis product for you ;-).

It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location accessibility to restaurants, some tourist attractions and public beach, but just for the records we are not a beach hotel (with a private beach), we are a sea facing hotel (with very easy to the public beach right in front of the hotel, with 1 pool sea facing and a sun-deck not sea-facing and if you want to go to our private beach, we do have the JA Jebel Ali Beach Resort for you with complimentary bus service). I was happy to read that you had also appreciated the restaurants available in the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was great!

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about my team whom you felt were amazing, friendly and helpful. They make us work even harder to have happy guests.