“Real Jewel!”

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Real Jewel!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to point out that I work in travel and tourism and I spend most of my working days in some of the most luxurious properties around the world.

I've just returned from my holiday in Dubai. This hotel is fantastic, perfect location, just a minute walk to a beautiful Jumeriah beach and famous The Walk. Excellent value for money and a great base to explore the area.
We arrived early at about 6:30 and even though check in was not until late we had our room by 10:00 - thank you. On arrival we were offered cold face towels, refreshing drink and cookies and dates.
We had an embarrassing moment on our first day as we were very tired from our journey and accidently we tipped a porter guy AED 400 (Haha I know..) for taking our luggage to our room. He checked twice and said it is too much but we were so tired we said it was ok. We went later to the shop and realised how much we gave him so with embarrassment we spoke to the reception and explained the situation. We went back to our room and within 5 mins we had a call that we can collect our money. I could not believe how professionally was this handled as the porter guy already finished his shift by then. What a fantastic service. I spoke to a porter guy later, apologised and tipped him (correctly this time), he smiled. Thank you for his honesty he deserves a medal....
Room facilities are brilliant, everything you need and furnishing is sleek modern, clean and welcoming. The toiletries are luxurious, smells amazing and feel fantastic on your skin. You have a minibar available with various choice, something for everyone, daily complimentary bottles of water, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, kettle with tea and coffee, big TV and free wifi through out the property and a pool area, ironing board and iron on request. The balcony is spacious with table and chairs, nice to chill, unwind and enjoy the view. And the beds are so comfortable....heaven.

The towels for a pool area or a beach bag with a matt, towels and umbrella free of charge. Pool deck bar with daily happy hours, tasty cocktails, sangria, snacks, the choice is endless... Every night is a different theme, e.g. ladies night ( 3 free cocktails for ladies) and music throughout the day is from chilled to some great tunes...very pleasant and it does not disturb your relaxation. Compliments to a person who did a playlist!

There is also Whistle bar on 25th floor, amazing view, great for pictures to be taken, free tapas with your drinks on Saturday. I cannot comment on a buffet as we did not eat there but I had a look and food looks lovely with a plenty of choice. There is also Deli on the ground floor where you can buy wraps and sandwiches or something sweet, again it looks great. Little supermarket is just round the corner where you can buy all you need and it is open 24/7.

We had a lovely dinner at hotel's Brazilian grill Fogo Vivo restaurant, which I highly recommend. We went for a classic experience where you can try and eat 12 different cuts of mouth watering succulent meat, which you eat at your own pace. Please do not fill up on the salad or soup first as you will not be able to try all the meat available. Bread selection is gorgeous too and cold salads are fantastic, anything from truffle asparagus, through grilled pumpkin, you name it...
Nice bottle of red wine went down a treat and the choice of deserts was really good...yummy! It is a really big meal so do not eat your lunch before ;-) Definitely worth your money. All this with a lovely atmosphere of live music...

Unfortunately we did not try a famous Friday brunch as we ate in Fogo Vivo on Thursday night and we had to work out extra hard in a gym, which by the way is well equipped.
On our next visit we are going to visit hotel's spa, which offers great treatments and massages and Friday brunch is also on the cards - I cannot wait!

The hotel offers a free shuttle to some malls and their sister hotel on Jabel Ali, which was a lovely relaxing day out and a change of scenery right on the beach as u get that sort of All inclusive feel at this resort with lovely green grass and trees environment.
We got taxis pretty much everywhere as they are quite cheap so do not stress about visiting Atlantis The Palm or Burj Khalifa. The metro stop is a bit of a walk but soon they will finish one very near the hotel.
There are plenty of shops and restaurants on The Walk and Dubai Marina is close by too.

Check out was at 12:00, however our flight was not until after midnight so we were able to use one of their rooms between 21:00-22:00 to refresh and get ready for journey home. Once again what a lovely gesture and outstanding customer service.

So....finally, if you are looking at the reviews, just like I was 2 weeks ago...do not look anywhere else and book your room as quickly as possible while it is available with your preferred rate. I can guarantee you will be very happy with your choice. The staff is fantastic, always happy, smiling and willing to help and they are what make this hotel great. It would not be fair to name some staff individually as they all deserve a praise from their general manager Mr. Otto Kurzendorfer, who is by the way a real asset for the whole Ja resorts chain, so well done for your hard work and congratulation to your whole team of employees, who made our holiday a fantastic memorable experience. Thank you!
This is a 4 star property but believe me they offer a 5 STAR SERVICE and you also save AED 5/night compulsory Tourism tax. This is a very honest review, I highly recommend this hotel and I am looking forward to come back very soon.
Thank you so much for everything and I will see you soon.

PS: If you are on honeymoon or would like to surprise your partner Ms Elena Giordano is the one to discuss your ideas and arrangements with.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JurajSulik
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear JurajSulik,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was nice to read your very detailed and candid review, and I was pleased to know that overall you had a fantastic and memorable experience with us. I was delighted to know your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic, in a perfect location, and a great place to explore.

I do appreciate your kind words with regards to the shuttle services, and to the room facilities which you felt were brilliant, modern, clean and welcoming. It was good also to know you found our balcony to be spacious, nice to chill, unwind and has an enjoyable view, as well as the comfortableness of the beds.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed the food served on our very own “Brazilian” Fogo Vivo restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was a classic experience and has a lovely atmosphere.

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, thus, your wonderful compliments about the fantastic service you received from my team is very much appreciated whom you felt were professional, honest, smiling and has a willing to help aura. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Lastly, I would like to inform you that I passed on your wonderful message to Elena Giordano, who would also like to extend her warm greetings to you.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I just want to say a BIG thank you to “Lasantha” and” Jeewantha” the concierge staff for looking after me while I stayed at this HOTEL!
Their customer service was above EXCELLENT, very friendly, kind, considerate, GENIUINE INDIVIDUALS, which is VERY RARE THESE DAYS!!! When I arrived at this hotel in Dubai I had an issue with my suitcase not arriving in Dubai AIRPORT, this was my first time staying at this hotel !! For the first 3 days I was very distraught with what happened. This was my first time staying at this HOTEL. I travel to Dubai on a regular basis at other hotels.
I just want the management team to note that they have reliable, honest staff working as part of their team. In general all the staff are very good here ! But Lasantha and Jeewantha really stood out for me, with them helping me continually, 3 days in a row with resolving my SUITCASE ISSUE!!!
As a FINAL NOTE !!! I want to say thank you again for all the support you gave me during my stay !! I will definitely be staying at this HOTEL AGAIN!!! When I’m next in DUBAI

Room Tip: Room Size is good nice and spacious, very clean,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Harmony D
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Harmony D,

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guest, and I am very much thankful for your positive comments about your stay and most especially to my team whom you have personally acknowledged by name, and whom you felt were very friendly, kind, considerate, reliable, honest and their customer service was above excellent. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

It is with great regret to have learnt of your disappointment with regards to your luggage that was unfortunately mishandled by an airline company. Nevertheless, it was a delight to know that my team handled your concerns in a very professional manner which is a true reflection of our heartfelt hospitality.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great hotel with excellent service from start to finish, upgrade received which was a fantastic surprise for my Mum who was celebrating her birthday weekend in the hotel. The hotel staff wished her happy birthday and provided a delicious cake with candles as well-another lovely surprise to add to the memories!

The room was spacious and fantatsic selection of channels catering for all nationalities with a fantastic view of the sea along with clear views of The Palm.

I would just like to say thank you very kindly for the excellent customer care that was received from yourself (Elena and Hachim?) and your front-desk team. My Mother had a fantastic trip and was overwhelmed by the friendly service and high standards maintained by the employees at JA Ocean view.

Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nadine l
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear nadine I,

Firstly, I would like to personally wish your mother a belated “Happy Birthday!” It was good to know that you and your mother appreciated the delicious birthday cake with candles that we provided on her special day, as we are always dedicated in creating memorable experiences for all our guests.

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, and I am very much thankful for your positive comments about the hotel and especially to my team whom you have personally acknowledged by name because of their excellent customer care.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently got back from a wonderful holiday in Dubai staying at the ocean view hotel.
Location is perfect,staff are amazing and the hotel and facilities are fabulous. Breakfast each morning was a real treat with so much choice and was our best meal of the day! Will defiantly be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Emma P,

I was very satisfied to know that overall you had a wonderful stay with us, and you found the hotel’s location to be perfect, as well as the facilities were fabulous. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet served in our very own restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was your best meal of the day and varied in selection.

The kind compliments you have written about my team who looked after you, is also very much appreciated.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location for Dubai if you like the beach. All rooms have a good view of the beach and The Palm. Staff is great and the swimming pool though a bit small, but has really nice view out to the sea. There are lots of dining options within 5 minutes walking and lot of new places opening in the next few months. Highly recommended and JBR is the ideal place to stay in Dubai. Great for families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AM
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear AM,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the accessibility of the hotel’s location, the view in the rooms, the facilities available in the hotel, as well as to my team whom you felt were great!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 glorious days, all rooms have a sea view room & what a view! I found all the staff friendly in particular Ishwoor who works on reception and the guys working around the pool area.The hotel itself is just 5 mins from the beach & the hotel provides you with a beach kit so your good to go! I thought the rooms was bright & spacious and was kept nice and clean. Lots of special offers on and around the hotel including "Ladies night" in the pool bar where you can get 3 free cocktails! Most enjoyable stay and will definitely stay again!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank crazychica
Dear crazychica,

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I fully valued your positive feelings about your stay with us!

I was delighted to hear that you found your accommodation to be bright, spacious, clean, was kept nice, and with beautiful views that you enjoyed. It was also nice to hear of your positive comments about the facilities and amenities, as well as the special offers available in the hotel.

I do truly appreciate your kind compliments with regards to my team whom you felt were friendly.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Everyone was really helpful and friendly! The room was amazing and well equipped, the pool and the beach are also fantastic! The hotel has free bus ride to the highlights of Dubai. We get a free beach pack (parasol, towels, straw mat) when we went to the sea!

Room Tip: Really, all room has sea view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Julia D,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you found your accommodation to be amazing, well equipped, as well as the swimming pool facility and the beach which you have kindly mentioned were also fantastic. Pleased to hear of your positive comments about the complimentary shuttle service that we are offering to the highlights of Dubai.

Your kind compliments with regards to my team whom you felt was really helpful and friendly, is very much appreciated.