“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #59 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I stayed at JA Ocean View Hotel for 3 nights very recently, in Dubai. We are thoroughly impressed with this hotel. Hotel facilities were excellent. The room was awesome, and the view was marvelous!! The hotel staff were very courteous and the breakfast was excellent. Thank you JA Ocean View for making our stay so warm and comfortable. We will surely return to this hotel next time we visit Dubai. I recommend this hotel thoroughly!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SoumitraSaha
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear SoumitraSaha,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had a warm and comfortable stay with us. I was also glad to know that you were thoroughly impressed about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was awesome, the view was marvelous, has excellent facilities and the breakfast
buffet served in our very own restaurant, as well as to my team whom you felt were courteous.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room we(my husband & I) chose was a Double or Twin Room with Sea View. Let me describe my experience in one word - AWESOME! The staff, the food, the amenities, the room... everything was perfect! We arrived from Sharjah airport at 4 AM, and were met with so much warmth & friendliness. We were pleasantly surprised. Make sure you check out the deals the hotel has to offer on sightseeing in Dubai. I filled up a feedback form while leaving and got an email from the General Manager around 10 days later regarding what I wrote in the form. JA Ocean View gets a 10/10 from us! Definitely coming back again! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aishwarya2807
Dear aishwarya2807,

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I fully valued your positive feelings about your stay with us!

I was extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to read your positive comment about your accommodation, the amenities, the food served in our very own restaurant, as well as to my team whom you felt were perfect!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

While this hotel is way out of the main drag it is situated in an excellent part of the city. Access to the beach is easy if you wish to swim in hot water. The staff were obliging. Excellent restaurants within the hotel and nearby. All that one needs for a restful experience. Clean. Smart. Friendly. Another good choice of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Seagull90
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Seagull90,

I was pleased to know that overall you had a restful experience whilst staying with us, which you have also kindly mentioned that the hotel was clean, smart and friendly. I was happy to read your positive comments about the accessibility of the hotel’s location, the facilities, the restaurants nearby and in the hotel itself, as well as to my team whom you felt were accommodating!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here July 2013 and loved it I could not fault anything the rooms were 5* as was the cleanliness of the hotel and the food also had a good location. We did the desert safari and loved if I definitely advise it we also loved the fountains. We went to Atlantis the palm waterpark which was a wonderful experience. We definitely want to return to Dubai again one day and would not hesitate to book ja ocean view hotel again.

Room Tip: We liked being higher so you could see more.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire A
Dear Claire A,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the cleanliness of your accommodation which you have highly rated with a 5star! I do also appreciate your positive comments about the food served in our very own restaurant, as well as the hotel’s location.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed in this amazing hotel from 26-29 june and i must say that it completely fulfilled our expectations.The check in was smooth and staff was helpful.We were upgraded to 24th floor which was a cherry on top.The view was amazing and the suite was real comfy and super clean.The bathroom was spacious and good toiletries were provided.The house keeping service was superb,they even cleaned our suite even twice a day,really impressive.Thank you guys..The location is perfect,The walk JBR,cant be better.The pool area was good too,one can spend some quality time there and beach kit was a good thing.The breakfast is the only are which needs some improvisation,except that ocean view is such a treat.Guy from concierge(Gautam,if i remember the name correctly) was super friendly and went an extra mile to help us.We strongly recommend this hotel to every dubai visitor.Thank you everyone for a wonderful stay and we will surely come back..:):)

Room Tip: Higher rooms are gems,amazing view..
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Delhiwings2014
Dear Delhiwings2014,

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guest, and I am very much thankful for your positive comments about your stay and most especially to my team whom you have personally acknowledged by name, and whom you felt were super friendly and went an extra mile to help, as well as to the service of my team from Housekeeping which you have kindly mentioned were superb and really impressive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have however noted your comments regarding your breakfast dining experience. Should your time permit, I would be most interested to receive further details from you, in order for us address and make necessary improvements if needed. Please contact me directly on generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Arrived on honeymoon and asked if wanted to upgraded to club room, we did. Great choice got use of the club lounge for free drinks (alcoholic) and they describe food as canapés, small meals really... Lovely. We had a nice surprise having come back from a day out to find a free bottle of wine and a 'honeymoon' cake, fruit and sweet treats in our room, it was lovely. The staff were very pleasant always happy and welcoming, room was great, fab location, given little beach bag with towels, beach mat and brolly to use. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: As high as you can afford
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alisqu
Dear alisqu,

I must say that it was truly fulfilling to see that you had decided to celebrate a special occasion with us, and overall you had wonderful stay! Creating memorable experiences to our guests is one of our core values, on which I was also glad to know that you appreciated our presents to you which you have kindly mentioned was lovely.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to your accommodation which you have written was great, the fabulous location of the hotel, the amenities available in the hotel, our very own Coral Lounge, as well as to my team whom you felt were very pleasant and welcoming.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

JA Ocean View is very well located Hotel right on The Walk (Jumeirah) within 100m from the sandy beach.

From your Room Balcony, you have a full view on the Palm Island as all rooms have a breathtaking full sea-view.

Perfectly located opposite to "The Beach" complex of Restaurants and Shops, the hotel is easily accessible from Sheikh Zayed Road and taxis are always available.

You can have a lovely brunch on a Friday or even enjoy a Brazilian Churasco at Fogo Vivo Restaurant .

Slight criticism : a bigger Shower area in the bathrooms would have been a definitive plus.

Overall Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All Rooms have sea-views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hich_AA
Dear Hich_AA,

It was a delight to read your kind words with regards to the hotel’s location that you considered to be perfect, the room view and the great amenities. I was happy to hear that you found our Friday brunch lovely and enjoyed the Brazilian Churasco in our restaurant Fogo Vivo.

I have noted your suggestions with regards to the shower area in the bathroom of your accommodation, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team.