“Pleasant hotel with high-quality services on good location”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #58 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Helsinki, Finland
“Pleasant hotel with high-quality services on good location”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We spent the last four days of our honeymoon in JA Ocean View hotel and were very happy with the experience. The rooms very clean and nice, all personnel were competent and friendly and we were even delighted by small surprises delivered to our room. The hotel also featured a very good Brazilian restaurant. We would especially like to thank Merry for helping us with various arrangements during our stay (e.g. restaurant and tour reservations). She extremely friendly and of great help in making our stay in Dubai memorable and fun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Taina P
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Taina P,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

We are very much committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, hence I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review especially on how my team showed it during your recent stay with us.

It was also nice to know that you appreciated the cleanliness of your accommodation, as well as to our very own Fogo Vivo restaurant.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This was the first stop on our honeymoon and it was excellent. The staff are helpful, friendly and the facilities within the hotel are fantastic. Everything is reasonably priced and the hotel has a good selection of food and drink.
It's in a great location as well; beside the beach (which is great) and a short taxi journey into town.
Would certainly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Chezflug
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Chezflug,

Please allow to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel and its available facilities, the accessibility of the hotel’s location, the value for money that we are offering, the selection of food and beverage in our very own restaurants, as well as to the helpfulness and friendliness of my team which I will ensure to pass on these compliments with them.

Accra
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during Ramadan 2014,staff were friendly,food was superb,hotel room was spot on and I had a lovely view facing the sea.shuttle services are available to and from tourist places such as the mall n marker etc.only problem was the check-in,arrived early hours in the morning and u had to wait close to 2hrs to check in.It is definitely my first choice hotel in Dubai and would stay over when I go back to Dubai.it is situated in one of the prime areas known as the "the walk" with a mini mall and cinema and lots of restaurants and shops.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Maa O
Dear Maa O,

I was very pleased to know that you had a lovely experience whilst staying with us! I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to the food served in our very own restaurants, your accommodation, the complimentary shuttle service, as well as to the friendliness of my team.

It was also a pleasure to know that my team managed to provide you with your accommodation upon arrival before the standard check-in time of 14:00 hours, which is of course always subject to availability and occupancy levels. For future visits to the hotel, if you would be arriving early, I can suggest reserving the room from the evening prior, which will guarantee that your accommodation is ready, and no delays would be experienced.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

On last day of staying at the ja ocean view Dubai and it's a great hotel!
Check in- we travelled overnight from uk and arrived about 8 am, check in is at 2 pm but this was not even mentioned and we were taken straight to our room.
Room- spotless and with everything you would want. Free Wifi throughout the hotel, you can even access it out by the pool!
Breakfast- lovely, everything you could possibly want!
Staff- can't do enough to help you and a credit to this lovely hotel!
Shuttle bus- free bus to different attractions, takes longer than a taxi due to stops but who cares it's free. We used it to get to the burj khalifa and the gold souk.

Would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Dubai!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lsheron
Dear Lsheron,

It was a delight to read your recommendation about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic, lovely and great! I also enjoyed reading your kind words with regards to the cleanliness of your accommodation and its available amenities, the facilities provided by the hotel such as the complimentary shuttle service, the quality and selection of food served during breakfast in our very own restaurant, as well as the helpfulness of my team whom you have kindly mentioned was a credit to us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I came to this hotel with my partner last week for a meal in Fogo then we popped in to Girders for a quick drink when i realised that i hadn't got my valet stamped, when i asked the bar man to stamp it he said "a glass of wine and a bottle of water wasn't enough to stamp a valet ticket". i showed him my receipt from Fogo but he still refused. i did go back to the restaurant where they did stamp it.

Then we went to the valet a gave them the ticket, this is what was said "here's your key, we are too busy and the Valet is for hotel guest only. You need to go to the car park a get the car yourself". What's the point in the Valet? And if you're using the hotel facilities are you not a guest?

The food was good so it was a shame they have such a strange attitude for a top hotel towards valet parking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew S
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Matthew S,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was very surprised to read your disappointment whilst dealing with my team about valet parking. After a thorough investigation, I have immediately discussed your concerns with all the parties involved, allowing us to continue with our usual high standards of service.

JA Ocean View Hotel is indeed a 4star hotel but is known for delivering a 5star service to all our guests in most aspects of the hotel’s operation. Although we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations, we also have some limitations in terms of providing additional services based on aspects as manning levels and plain financials (most Dubai residents are well aware that valet parking in more and more places is either chargeable or not offered any longer). I do understand that our personnel in valet parking had explained you that we can only extend our complimentary valet parking services to our guests who are currently staying in the hotel, which is following the trend in most 4star properties we checked with. I would like to apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if you felt that one of my team members came across in an inappropriate manner which I can assure you that it was not the intention.

Despite the above, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in JA Ocean View Hotel, and once again, thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just recently returned from JA Ocean View Hotel it was so lovely staying there my husband and I did not want to leave.
It was spotlessly clean and very neat and tidy, lovely atmosphere nice and bright, the staff extremely helpful and very friendly always asking if you needed anything, nothing was too much trouble for them
We have stayed in several Hotels along the Jumeirah strip and we had been invited to breakfast by our friends in the Jumeirah Hotel but the JA Ocean View breakfast was by far the best out of all the hotels.
Even had Elemis shampoo/conditioner/shower gel in the showers by the pool what more could you ask for
Linda & Michael

Room Tip: N/A all rooms good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lyn F
Dear Linda & Michael,

I can see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It was good to know that you found your accommodation to be spotlessly clean, very neat, tidy and had a lovely atmosphere. Your positive comment about the breakfast served in our very own restaurant is also highly appreciated, wherein you have kindly mentioned was by far the best!

As we embrace the importance of recognizing our associates needs and success, I would therefore like to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were extremely helpful and friendly.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is located at one end of the walk area of Dubai. There is as ever in Dubai, quite a bit of building work around the area. The staff were all excellent, very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast and dinner service was a buffet style, with a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Garry P
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Garry P,

It was nice to read your positive comments about the choice of food served during breakfast and dinner in our very own restaurants, as well as my team whom you felt were all excellent, very helpful and accommodating.

I have personally witnessed the development in the area which has now become a very popular local and tourist destination. In addition to new shops, restaurants, family entertainment and open-air cinema, we are also looking forward to the completion of other attraction in the vicinity.