JA Ocean View Hotel
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$177
Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
US$365
US$273
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$198
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$327
US$220
US$224
US$201
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$128
US$279
US$247
Priceline
5,588 results
All reviewscoral loungegirders barle rivagebeach kitsister hotelgreat hotelpublic beachpool areajbr walkour honeymoonjebel aliexcellent locationrestaurants and shopsfree shuttleclub roomdubai marinabuilding work
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way home to Perth WA from Scotland. The staff couldn't be more welcoming. The hotel is modern and has everything we needed for our stay - a good variety of restaurants and cool places to have a drink or a coffee. Well-located and close to the beach and The Walk and plenty of access to taxis. The pool area and deck are lovely.
Just what we needed to finish off our trip. Thanks to all - especially Aziz who was a charming and attentive host.
Would definitely recommend this for either a stopover or a longer stay.
Phyllis & Tom

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Junior Suite if you have the opportunity - well worth it!
1  Thank Dougalls
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Dougalls,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was good to know that you found the hotel to be modern and has everything you need for your stay, in particular has good variety of restaurants, its location and a cool place to have a drink. I also enjoyed reading your positive comment with regards to the swimming pool facilities which you have kindly mentioned were lovely, as well as to my team whom you felt were charming and attentive.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed 15 nights with wife and 6yr old during July/August. Hotel is bright,vibrant & modern. Rooms are a good size & the hotel is in a great location, a short walk from a nice public beach & the JBR walk with its selection of shops/restaurants. Dubai Marina is also nearby. As others have commented, there is some building work in progress on the JBR Walk but this did not impact on our stay. Breakfast had a good selection and my 6yr old was kept occupied in the kids zone while we chilled in bar taking in the entertainment/music. Super friendly staff in a genuine way and I mean all staff regardless of where they worked in the hotel, every request was accommodated. The pool has a good view of the beach & was great for relaxing/lounging. Made full use of the free wifi & shuttles to the malls and to the sister hotel with its facilities & private beach.
I would like to give special thanks to our room attendant Pathma Johnson for his patience & to concierges Merry Pereira & Rajender for all their help & attentiveness during our stay.
I have no hesitation in recommending the JA Ocean View.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank F A
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear F A,

I was extremely pleased to read your very detailed and candid review, and I was delighted to know that overall you had a perfect stay with us. It was very nice to know your positive comment about the hotel’s location accessibility which you have kindly mentioned was great, the facilities available in the hotel, as well as the breakfast served in our very own restaurant which you have written was wide and varied in selection.

As we embrace the importance of recognizing our associates, I was very pleased to read the compliments you made for my team who looked after you during your stay whom you felt were super friendly, patience, helpful and attentive. I will ensure that these are shared with them.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just got back from staying here and an overall good hotel stay.
Metered taxi from DXB is approx 25 mins and cost around 90 dirhams. Located on one end of the JBR walk.
Check in was straightforward. Rooms are nice and bright with sea views. The construction of the new beach open mall is finished pretty much. Low rise so you get a great view of the beach still.
Good strength wifi (free) in the room and a very spacious one too.
Brunch is 249 dirhams with the booze with a good variety of food.
There is a Brazillian churrascarias restaurant called Fogo Vivo. Had to be done, great meal. Shout out to Juan for the meat cuts and Mahesh who took care of us.
Whistler is on the top floor (I think) and offer wine and cocktails. Had their wine tasting during the week and think I know my wine a little more ;)
The Deck do cocktails and food. Go at happy hour, which is daily.
Shuttle Bus is free to malls and souks but they should make it clear on how long journeys take!
Overall a very good stay.

3  Thank PSJ0

Dear PSJ0,

A positive review from our valued guest is very nice to have, and I was very pleased to hear that overall you had a very good stays with us!

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guest, and I am very much thankful for your positive comments about your stay and most especially to my team
who looked after you during your dining experience whom you have personally acknowledged by name. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in August. Was very hot outside and therefore I hardly went out. I was on business so it wasn't the perfect hotel for me. Whilst the hotel is nicely decorated and furnished, its not very comfortable to work in - and at the weekend I hardly could get any internet connection (WIFI was 100%, just so many people were using it I couldn't see my business web sites). Having stayed at a very nice hotel (Grand Hyatt) just before, I was a bit disappointed considering the high rating of the hotel on Booking com. Its between average and very good - so the 'average' rating I have given it is a bit low because I am comparing it to a 5*. I also found the desk very uncomfortable to work at because its not really designed for that. Plus the air conditioning directly hits you if you sit at the desk.

Only having 4 lifts isn't ideal - when its busy, you have to wait a bit. again I was spoiled in the Hyatt (16 lifts!)

Breakfast was average - whilst I ordered coffee, it didn't turn up twice out of my 3 mornings. I didn't eat here in the evening.

There's a good supermarket on the plaza level near the Ramada hotel (not the small/expensive one behind the hotel). Beach is very nice (if you're on holiday and its not 47 deg C outside!). posh shops and cinema on the beach walk.

Room Tip: Near the lifts I guess - but it might be more noisy from people in the corridor. I think all rooms have an ocean view so if that's your thing you'll be pleased.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clarker63
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Clarker63,

I can see that you have highlighted on your review some areas for improvement, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel. Nevertheless I see as well that your rating as average compare us with a top luxuriant hotel, Grand Hyatt. We are honored to be compared on this level. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced whilst staying with us. I can confirm that I have personally addressed and discussed every feedback that you have highlighted with our respective departments, in order for us to make any necessary improvements and to maintain our usual high standards of service.

Despite the above, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in JA Ocean View Hotel, and once again, thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

what an amazing place to stay, everyone was so welcoming, the location was perfect, the food was great,the bed was comfortable.
We would definitely recommend the hotel and we will definitely be going back again soon.

Room Tip: high floor, great view over arabian gulf

Dear Aggi1978,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was an amazing place to stay, in a perfect location, the food served in our very own restaurant that you considered to be great, the comfortableness of the bed, as well as to my entire team whom you felt were so welcoming.