“Great hotel - wrong spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #57 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Broome, Australia
“Great hotel - wrong spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

This was our first trip to Dubai. We booked a queen double club room sea views and we're not disappointed. The room, service and amenities were superb.
Accessing the hotel is another matter. Fortunately we booked the hotel limousine service from the airport in advance and we're glad we did. Arriving close to midnight in a new or strange location is often difficult. The driver was punctual, courteous and spoke good English. He provided a running commentary en route. The cost was 190 Dirham = $60AUD for the 35 minute trip.
We used a taxi at the hotel for the return to the airport at a cost of 75Dirham = $25 AUD
We stayed 3 days and had breakfast at the hotel. Massive selection and good egg station.
The hotel is certainly the best located for beach access but is quite a distance from shopping malls. A good hotel shuttle is available.
During our stay we used taxis but none of the drivers were familiar with accessing the hotel and due to roadworks we twice left the taxi a block away and walked to the hotel.
We also used the Metro or Skytrain once. Very efficient driverless trains but no stop very handy to the hotel so reasonable walk in 40 c heat was required or taxi again from the metro stop.
The hotel and staff cannot be faulted. Once the roadworks are complete access will be much improved. All previous good review comments are endorsed.
Recommended to all travellers.

Room Tip: Get a club room as you get 3 items washed for free daily.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank BroomeAussies
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear BroomeAussies,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you found the hotel to be great! I was happy to read your kind words with regards to your accommodation, the service and amenities which you have kindly mentioned were superb. I do also appreciate your positive comments about the airport transfer available that you enjoyed, the breakfast served in our very own restaurant which you have written was wide and varied in selection, as well as to my team who looked after you whom you felt were punctual, courteous and has good command in English. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with him.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Ocean View for 4 nights from 15th to 19th Aug 2014. The Hotel was great, clean and fresh. The staff were very polite and professional in all areas of the Hotel. We had a standard sea view room which was perfect, good size and nice touch with Elemis toiletries. Pool area was relaxing and a nice place to finish off in the evening before dinner especially as Happy Hour ran from 5pm to 8pm. We were on a half board basis which worked well as food is quite expensive. The buffet was really nice with great choice and always hot. Girders was the only disappointment lots of people smoking and mostly non residents in for the 5 till 7pm happy hour. We visited Dubai in 2008 and loved it. There was a lot of building going on then, and still is now, however it is great to see the difference. JBW is a great place to eat and drink and the Ocean View is well situated at the beginning of the walk. There is a little left to finish but 90% is complete. The walk to the Beach is only 5 mins, and will be less when the remaining pathway is completed. Used the shuttle to the sister hotel which was a nice day. Would recommend the Open top bus for the day, get to see all you need. Also went up the Khalifa Tower, well worth it at approx 125 Dirhams per person. All in all Ocean View was perfect for us, don't let the fact its only a 4* put you off as it is as good as most 5* you will
visit. Would definately stay again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank golfersinc
Dear golfersinc,

It was nice to read your very detailed and candid review, and I was pleased to know that overall you had a perfect experience whilst staying with us. I was delighted to know that you found the hotel to be great, clean and fresh. I also enjoyed reading your positive comment with regards to the view and the spaciousness of your accommodation, the facilities and amenities available in the hotel, as well as the buffet served in our very own restaurant which had a great choice.

The Girders, being a bar is different amongst others as it caters a different type of clientele. I can confirm that we do have various restaurants available in the hotel to choose from, which does not have any smoking areas and you would also be able to enjoy your preferred drinks at the same time.

I have personally witnessed the development in the area which has now become a very popular local and tourist destination. With all the new shops, restaurants, family entertainment and open-air cinema and more to come it has become a romantic and fun evening adventure. It was nice to hear that you also appreciated these outstanding improvements around the hotel’s vicinity.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Ja Ocean view twice now, the first time was very good service was excellent food was good all round excellent stay and value for Money.

This time I was a little disappointed, i was recognised as a returning customer which was nice, I was on business and was offered an upgrade for several hundred Dirham per night to a club room with access to the lounge on the 24th floor. I accepted however was disappointed to find the room was exactly the same as my previous stay, however I had 2 single beds.

I had one lunch in the club room that served slightly stale sandwiches and a breakfast that was better in the main restaurant

Clearly the upgrade represents very poor value for money, to the point where I have been left feeling like I have taken for a ride.

Another point to consider is due to the continued road works (3years so far) The non executive local taxis are very reluctant to take you on certain routes, you should also prepare yourself to get stuck in traffic when returning to the hotel.

Although the hotel and service is good as a whole, I doubt I will be returning in November as nobody ever wants to pay two considerably different prices for the same room with the only real difference in the upgrade is being served a second rate lunch.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear spence B,

At the hotel we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations of providing exceptional service to our guests, it is therefore with regret I learnt of your disappointment mainly with regards to your accommodation and paid upgrade. We have different categories in terms of room types at the hotel. In comparison to other normal types of rooms that we have, Club Sea view rooms are located on top floors, more spacious and guests who are staying on these rooms can access exclusively the Coral Lounge. A minimum charge also applies for the upgrade and additional facilities provided which is similar with other hotels. Most of our guests recommend this upgrade due to the lovely afternoon tea overlooking the Gulf from a bird’s eye view point or relaxing for a few hours in the evening with a complementary happy hour including a wide range of beverage

We do endeavor to ensure that our dishes are cooked well and the quality of taste is maintained at all times. Your feedback about the sandwich served to you has been shared with our Executive Chef for further review.

I would have to say that the area where the hotel is located has been significantly developed continuously, and most constructions are scheduled to complete sooner which will then provide an additional attraction around the vicinity. Please accept my sincere apologies if you experienced any inconvenience or disturbance due to nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in JA Ocean View Hotel and I would be very interested for you to get in touch with me on generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com so I can assure you that I had personally looked into the matter. For you, being a business traveller, we do have a special rate agreement. Please do contact me on above email and I will be delighted to assist.

Once again, thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

During my frequent stays in Dubai in different hotels, I had never felt the warmness as in this magnificent hotel. It has all what you and your family needs to recover from long busy days perhaps, and get yourself some refreshment. We really enjoyed the hotel facilities and staff kindness during our trip to Dubai. Having bus shuttle that drop you to the major shopping malls in the city is smart idea that safe you time and money. Thanks for the hotel management for remembering my birthday and surprising me with a delicious birthday cake, well done guys!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ali-alahmed
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear ali-alahmed,

First of all, please allow me to personally wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” It was a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us, and you found the hotel to be magnificent. It was good to know that you appreciated the delicious birthday cake, as we are always dedicated in creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I do also appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s facilities, in particular the shuttle services, as well as to my team whom you felt were kind.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd time in Dubai, but 1st time at JA Ocean View Hotel.

Outstanding hotel with excellent service throughout.

Kids Club-(Cool Zone) is amazing!
A Big THANK YOU to Snow & The Team in Cool Zone for looking after our son.

Ramji the lifeguard was great with our son in the pool , always watching out for him and helping him in the pool, Thanks Ramji.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

We still have 3 more days here, but having spent 6 days here already this has been a perfect place to stay.

This was the perfect holiday, thanks to All the team at JA Ocean View Hotel.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Alpesh P
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Alpesh P,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was outstanding with excellent service as you had a perfect holiday whilst staying with us, as well as to my entire team who looked after you during your stay whom you felt were great and helpful. I do also appreciate your positive comment about our Kids Club, CoolZone which you have kindly written was amazing.

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived very late at night off our flight,to a lovely cold welcome drink and cold towel.we were upgraded at reception to 19th floor lovely sea view room,I think all have a nice view though.
We went out immediately in search of a bite to eat and when we came back we wee greeted with a happy honeymoon cake and a letter stating to call for a complimentary bottle of wine or bubbly which was a lovely touch and great as we were only starting our honeymoon.
Location:
Excellent for walking to beach(too hot for us) or down the strip to restaurants,cinema etcc...we didn't want a hotel where you had to taxi even to get a coffee so for us,ocean view excellent.if you did need a taxi they got one for you right outside.
We used the hotel shuttle bus to go to dubai ball then taxi'd back late that evening after dinner etc...
I'm doing a trip report on forum with restaurant recommendations and things to do if only 3 nights or two really in our case arriving late.
Pool:
We attempted sunbathing in the shade mainly and was very relaxed atmosphere,not too crowded , i would highly recommend to a first time dubai goer!I did not use gym or salon.pool bar had nice light bites if you wished
Overall staff very very friendly! I felt it had 5star quality,great location, prestige clean!and a great start to our honeymoon....

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louocall
Dear Louocall,

I must say that it was truly fulfilling to see that you had decided to celebrate a special occasion with us, and overall you had an enjoyable stay! Creating memorable experiences to our guests is one of our core values, on which I was also glad to know that you appreciated our presents to you.

It was lovely to read your positive comment about the accessibility of the hotel’s location which you have kindly mentioned was great, the facilities available in the hotel, the cleanliness of your accommodation, as well as the service that you received from my team whom you felt were very friendly and it had 5star quality.

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Even at 4am the hotel made a fantastic impression and it proved to be outstanding in every respect day or night. The staff at all levels were very friendly and helpful and the room was very large, cool and modern. The breakfast buffet was the largest and most lavish I have ever seen for a 4-star hotel and incredibly good value (the restaurant buffet in the evening was also enormous and well worth staying in for). There was plenty of room in and around the pool but the beach was only a short walk away. 'Beach kits' of towels, mat and umbrella are provided for guests by the pool staff to take away. There is also a very useful Courtesy Bus that takes you from the hotel to the main malls (be sure to book a place on the bus with the concierge in advance and also get to the pick-up point early to not miss the ride back). All-in-all this hotel cannot be faulted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank andypeg123
Dear andypeg123,

I was very satisfied to know that you had a fantastic impression about your stay with us. It was good to read that you found the hotel to be perfect, spacious and modern. I do also appreciate your positive comments about the buffet breakfast served in our very own restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was enormous and well worth staying in for, as well as the facilities and amenities available in the hotel. I am very much thankful for your compliments about my team whom you felt were very friendly and helpful.