“Good Value. Cheap tasty food.”
Review of Hot 'n Spicy

Hot 'n Spicy
Ranked #960 of 10,006 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: https://www.facebook.com/HotnSpicyDubai
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We order delivery from hot'n'spicy about once a month. The restaurant is close to where we live and it is quick to order when you are too busy in the evening for cooking. They are surprisingly good for the price and have nice portion sizes that make for delicious left overs. The adults in our home love spicy indian and pakistani food, but the kids like a little less spice. I enjoy that there are options that cater to everyone's tastes.

We recommend the fish biryani and the chicken handi w/ naan.

My only complaint is that sometimes delivery can be a bit slow.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

my hubby and me made a reservation for a weekday. Now what I’m about to explain is probably one of the best (and warmest) dining experiences of my life and here’s why:

1. The staff – The staff is all dressed in black and most of them were behind the counter (if not serving customers) and all the staff are extremely friendly not just with the customer but even with eachother. I truly believe if you love your job it will show and these guys looked like they loved their job!

2. The FOOD – oh for the love of food! Prior going to the restaurant I read through the reviews and picked out what to order and I’m sure glad I did cause not a dish I ordered missed the mark. We ordered the food in the below order
Upon seating we were offered a free basket of Fryums, since we were so hungry I don’t think we took a picture!
Tea – I am not a tea person (except for Fili café – Zafrani chai) yet somehow one sip of this tea took me back to India. Since the weather outside was so chilly, the tea really warmed me up. Since I’m not a tea lover, my review about the tea falls invalid but I will say the other Zomatoers here love their tea!
The Masala fries: the basket of fries served here is huge! It even says so in their menu – great big basket! The fries are served with two types of sauces. Once you get the basket though do shake it up so the spice mixes with the entire basket. We were served the fries along with the rolls. Chicken malai boti roll and Chicken Bohari kabab roll - This was the BOMB! I really wanted to order this but my husband ordered it first (but I still ended up eating 3/4th of it) The chicken was cooked so tender in a beautiful marinade so the skin had a blend of the marinade as well as the charcoal. They also added a very good sauce to the roll which ensured it wasn’t dry and this may sound silly but I loved the onions in the rolls the most. The onions added the nice crunchy effect to the rolls which I absolutely loved. The chicken bihari kabab roll was again full of flavor but more on the spicy side. Once we had half the rolls, we realsied we were in trouble since just thje rolls with the fries filled us so much we couldn’t eat anymore! We then decided to pack the balance food but not without trying the Ras Malai (recommendation by Kareem - I’ll get back to him later)
Ras Malai – Oh this was something else! Even though it was cold outside the sweet cold ras malai was not worth every bite it was worth every drop! We literally cleaned the bowl. The ras malai was so sweet we couldn’t stop eating it. I would go back to this restaurant just for that!
BBQ chicken biryani – Since we were stuffed we decided to pack up the biryani and the chicken tikka (leg piece) and we both it the next day to work. The biryani is soo good and it isn’t a dry biryani the chicken is kept in its original sauce and since its boneless chicken it very convenient to eat at work/public. The leg piece however we only got to eat after the 2nd day, since all the containers are microwave able friendly we just popped it in and a minute later we realized it tasted as good as a piece brought from a restaurant 5 minutes ago. The chicken was so fresh it was just tearing off the bone. It was also served with 2 types of sauces – a white (curd based with herbs) and red sauce (tamarind and a little spice)

3. Price – Our total bill was AED 100/- and the food lasted us a total of 2 days.

4. Courtesy and interaction with customers – This is MAIN reason why I loved this restaurant. It’s a people person restaurant, each and every customer that walked in knew some waiter or staff. Even as we ate Kareem (im sorry but I don’t know his designation) came to us and asked us how the food was and even gave us recommendation like the ras malai. It so easy to see that the staff has built a rapo with their customers which means the customers aren’t one-time customers and their coming back for more and I’ll definitely be coming back for more too!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

You will not be disappointed! Generous portions, very tasty dishes at the right prices. A small restaurant with a big heart. Try it!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Excellent value for money. The food is more pakistani style than indian. The flavors are outstanding and the prices are ridiculously low. Also the serving portions are big. Our personal favorites are their chicken biryani and the rolls. The delivery is pretty quick as well and the staff are very polite and helpful on the phone while placing the order.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Proudly Pakistani. Awesome food. Great place to sit outside. Very friendly staff. And they make sure that they cater to the spice level as per your needs. Spicy!
Best dishes are paratha rolls, chinese food pakistani style and karahis.
Halwa puri, traditional pakistani breakfast, is also very good.
Best of all, the also serve Pakola.

1  Thank OmarAbbasi
Karim K, General Manager at Hot 'n Spicy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thanks for your AWESOME feedback. We hope to see you again soon :)