“Fantastic property”

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Ranked #18 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

There was a price drop and I was able to justify my staying here during a recent business trip and I was thrilled.

After a twelve hour plane ride this was the perfect hotel for me! The staff couldn't have been more helpful. They opened up their huge gym for me in the middle of the night upon request.

The service in the executive lounge was amazing.

For a 22 hour layover, this was the perfect place to recharge the batteries!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My second trip at this hotel, one of my best friends is in the industry here and I usually frequent his property. I find the concierge staff and amenities superb! I also truly enjoyed my dinner at Prime 68, the steak was prepared perfectly and the texture was incredible!

They are really full here, and the lifts for the upper floors are a little delayed, but worth price for view!

Room Tip: High Room with view of the ocean (you'll see the world island in progress still).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have stayed a number times at eh JW Dubai now and it is by far the best business hotel I know. Service is flawless, food amazing in all thier resturants and event thier catering is great. I have nothing to say and I am very picky. I can especially recommend the breakfast buffet and thier steak house (Prime)
The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds very comfy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here on business for three nights. A wonderful hotel in all respects. the army of staff were unfailingly courteous, competent and helpful.

The breakfast experience is simply unmatched: Kitchen 6 comprises six separate kitchens in a vast sprawling and gleaming area with a great array of cuisines on offer and delightful staff (chefs and wait staff). Lunches in the same restaurant were also excellent, with an astonishing array of choices. Other restaurants looked nice, but only tried the Thai restaurant, which was huge in size and served delicious Thai food, staffed almost entirely by Thai staff.

Business/meeting facilities were excellent, with good range of suitable rooms, looked after by competent and helpful staff. Catering was terrific.

Pool was certainly large enough and nice for a quick dip; if swimming is your main interest, however, somewhere nearer the beach might be better.

The Vault cocktail bar has lovely views, although I agree that the bright lights and decor may not suit all tastes. We visited, but did not linger.

The room was comfortable, spacious and with a great view (of the sea and the Burj al Arab in the distance). The views from high up are pretty good, as this is the tallest hotel in the world (at least in November 2012), according to the Guinness Book of Records plaque near the entrance. The best shower I have ever experienced and great bath, all in a cavernous space. Beds were very comfortable.

Free regular shuttles to and from Dubai Mall (and other places). Location in Business Bay means that there's not much of interest to visitors around the hotel (which was not problem for us, cocooned in the hotel for two days of meetings).

Expensive no doubt, but worth every cent. Exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Although the facilities at this hotel are good, and we really enjoyed the food in most of the restaurants here, we did not have a very good experience with the services provided at this hotel almost at all points but the restaurants. Some managers we complained to never even followed through with issues raised by us. During check out when another mistake occurred which we couldn't overlook, because we had warned them of the possibility beforehand and we were assured such mistake will never occur, as we sought to make one last complain to the director or whoever was the most senior person on duty, the front office manager came to us, shewas full of apologies as she already knew some of the issues we went through, she placated us with some reward points. I really struggled between keeping quiet or writing a review on this hotel. Going forward we will give them one more chance to see if it is a systemic problem they have or we were just unlucky the first time we stayed there.

Room Tip: If you ever stay here don't miss breakfast or lunch at the 6 -kitchen. Simply fantastic!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Segebaba
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I finally made it over to the Marriott Marquis when some friends suggested we check out the new bar "The Vault on 61" While the space has sweeping views of Dubai which are lovely and will appeal to tourists, it has little else to offer. The lighting at the central bar is so bright, harsh, and well, clinical, we literally felt that they were closing and wanting us to leave. When we asked if it could be dimmed we were told quite curtly "no". Aside from that the staff were cleaning the bar, the stairway etc for the entire time we were there -- and it was not yet 11!

Aside from that we tried the wagayu sliders -- very drippy (girls make sure you have a napkin on your lap or you will ruin your clothes) but overcooked and the flatbreads (pizza) -- unremarkable.

Sadly of the 4 people there none of felt we would ever return.

On a positive note one of our party really liked the other resto 6 tables.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amandizzle
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here 3 nights, in conjuction with business meeting. It's not yet up to usual JW Marriott standards - and then it gets very expensive for what one gets. Signage in hotel is bad; restaurants are like mazes and difficult for staff to oversee. Rooms are nice (if they don't forget to clean!!); minibar was not restocked during my stay. Expect to pay a lot at restaurants. I went to the steakrestaurant on the 68th floor and the Thai restaurant. Thai food was not very authentic, and expect to pay a lot for shrimps in a 'blanket' - sold as shrimp 'springrolls'. Bellboys, concierge were good; staff at front desk not particularly friendly. I have had better experiences at other hotels in Dubai, at lower prices, better service - guess it takes time for this hotel to get up to par.

• Stayed: November 2013