I really wanted to love this hotel. We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were impressed with the welcome and the lobby however on getting to our room that's where the problems started. I would have liked to have been informed at check-in that for a married couple they had put us in a twin room, the receptionist spent time explaining everything about the hotel and restaurants apart from this important fact. We ended up waiting for 20 minutes in the first room until a double was available (at 2 am in the morning I find this incredible). So room number 2...first impressions were of a contemporary design with everything clean and new, until you start to use them.
1) they have a control panel next to the bed that controls lights/aircon etc however after spending 15 minutes trying to make it work and on the verge of ringing reception we realised that the unit had been unplugged. We then tried to work out how to leave a light on in the toilet without every light on in the room, well you just can't do this so if one gets up to go to the loo in the middle of the night you light up the entire room. My husband tried to negotiate his way around in the dark and hit his head on the wall causing a cut on his forehead.
2) The hairdryer stopped working about 5 minutes after I started using it and had to be replaced.
3) We went to use the safe and...guess what....not working, another phone call to get someone to come and fix it.
4) Be aware of the lovely, large shower. If you turn it on you will get drenched as the shower head is right above you and you can only reach the tap by standing under it...note to ladies, if you don't intend to wash your hair use a shower cap before you step in.
For a new hotel that I thought would pride themselves on having a great product we were disappointed and I would not stay here again. Having a glossy contemporary design means nothing if things don't work.
On a positive note we found the staff very friendly especially the concierge who escorted us to our first room. He took responsibility of finding us a double and ensured we were happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dubai is a city of awe-inspiring ambition and unsurpassed luxury, home to the world's tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm, and the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai - the worlds tallest hotel. It is a place where dreams come true, as is our hotel in Dubai. JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai offers a spectrum of business facilities for the most discerning travelers. We are a hotel synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste, and our Dubai luxury hotel's title is given only to the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio. Elevated above Dubai's business district, on Sheikh Zayed Road, JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai resides in the Business Bay area and is a top choice for 5-star hotels in Dubai. Spread across 2 iconic towers, our hotel features exceptional event and business facilities, an enticing array of bars and restaurants, and the sublime Saray Spa and Health Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Hotelopia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.