“Wonderful Stay!”

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Ranked #16 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ok. So I am always on trip advisor looking for reviews on hotels that I will be staying at or even consider. Well this hotel was by far the best hotel that I have stayed in my life. I have been places around the world, but this by far was the best. The customer service was great! The food was great, considering it was during Ramadan and only one restaurant in the hotel during the day was open. Rooms very clean. Me and my husband did a couples massage and it was ok, not the best massage but for the price it was well worth it. The pool was so nice and relaxing and very cool during the day believe it or not. I love that there was a free shuttle provided by the hotel to take you to the Dubai Mall. I am a very, very, very picky person and I usually find something wrong with any hotel, but this hotel exceed my expectations.

Room Tip: Free wifi is offered in the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle W
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay at the J W Marriott Marquis Dubai and were particularly pleased with the hotel facilities as we are delighted to know that you considered us as the best hotel you have ever stayed in.

Your kind comments regarding the service is much appreciated. We certainly make every effort to deliver the highest standards of customer service to all our guests and it is always rewarding to receive such praise.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my 21 hour layover. The food was excellent. The room was very comfortable. I used the limousine service to tour and take pictures for 3 hours. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Katmandu69

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guests at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai and glad that you had an enjoyable holiday even though it was a short layover.

We are happy to hear that you are extremely delighted with the various facilities within the hotel as well as your tour experience in the city arranged through our concierge and were pleased with the service of our team members.

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Dubai is the home to most glamorous and luxurious hotels in the world.Although there this twin towered hotel is relatively new and offers value when it comes to price, facilities, space and service it can be only best when it comes to proximity to Business bar area. It would best suit only those business visitors who need to be close to city and within the Business bay. 15 minutes drive to Bur Dubai area and 5 minutes drive to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa The main drive way in front of the hotel is not best designed to handle several guests arriving and departing at the same time.You might face delays waiting for a taxi or receiving back you car from valet.

Room Tip: you would best best with the sea facing view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you had overall enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the hotel, location, facilities as well as the service of our associates. Your kind feedback is much appreciated.

We have also noted your comment with regards to the front drive experience and do apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the factor that most of the time it remains occupied as we have the largest number of rooms and meeting facilities in the city, however our dedicated valet team always do their best to receive and deliver the guests vehicles within the promised time frame.

We are also happy to know that you found the location of our hotel closer to main landmarks and attractions in the city and found the hotel shuttle service very helpful.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed during Ramadan, and got upgraded to an expansive suite with sweeping views, 1 1/2 baths, kitchenette, sitting room, dining area, dressing room, etc. Silly as it was for a 1-night business stay, I admit I enjoyed it. Everything was plush and serene, except for the "smart" lighting system, which automatically switched on the light every time I walked to the bathroom, and required a confounding sequence of button presses on the remote to switch off. I would have been much happier with ordinary light switches.

I was also surprised that such a luxury place had only foam pillows on the bed - all of which were the same hardness.

I still give this hotel five stars for the friendly staff, the massive breakfast buffet and the "living large" atmosphere that makes you really feel like you've arrived in Dubai.

Room Tip: The higher, the better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor about your experience at the J W Marriott Marquis Dubai.

It is a pleasure to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay even though it was only for a night at the hotel and were particularly pleased with the service of our associates as well as the choice and quality of cuisines on offer especially at Kitchen 6.

Your constructive comment with regards to the lighting through the control panel is also noted and has been shared with the concerned department to avoid recurrence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to J W Marriott Marquis on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great service at a great hotel

reception never crowded even when fully booked as now during ramadan finished

great receptionists
great luggage guys eri the boss amazingly memory
even got me a SIM card
magic spa with clean and asian designed
massage rooms and top service

cafe in lobby top with california roll
steakhouse at the top
VIP room in the house if u like party
what do a traveller need more

great beds
linnen qulity
wifi perfect
expensive though but its Dubai

Room Tip: go to top floor bar for a tea or a rink and see dubai from a free place go to spa excellent service
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank swedechef99
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed your holiday at the hotel and glad that you consider the J W Marriott Marquis Dubai as the Magic Marriott.

It is nice to hear that you were pleased with the service of our associates, the hotel facilities including the spa, lobby lounge and Prime 68 our steak house.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. It consistently has a very busy lobby but once you get beyond that the rooms are excellent. High tech mixed with comfortable beds and chairs and a wonderful bathroom with deep baths and large showers. On my trip in June I got a great deal at the Marriott website that included full buffet breakfast and dinner in their open air kitchen restaurant. Also, on checking out (I had left my bags for the day waiting for my flight later that night) the bellman who loaded my bags handed me a chilled bottle of water as I entered the cab to the airport. A very thoughtful touch!

The only issue is that after I checked out, I realized the checkout clerk had converted my bill to dollars. The terrible exchange rate they converted it at would have added $20 to my one night stay versus the rate I get from my credit card company. It took an Asst. Manger about 20 minutes to reverse the charge and almost one month for the credit to hit my credit card. The Manager admitted I should have been asked if I wanted the bill converted to dollars but as this is likely a large profit center for Marriott given the bad exchange rate you get - beware when you check out and before you authorize payment - make it clear how you want you charges settled.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly, we are glad to read that you had enjoyed the overall service and facilities of the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding the helpful service provided by our bell desk team upon your departure.

We are sorry to note that you were not pleased with your departure experience at the front desk. Please be assured that your valuable comments are positively taken onboard and have been shared with the concerned managers in order to take the necessary actions.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we would very much appreciate the opportunity to personally welcome you back at the J W Marriott Marquis Dubai on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed there fives times till now. They tend to be consistent , very good service level, cleanliness , rooms are very big.
Breakfast is good but too big buffet that u could get lost :)
Although I don't have any negative comments, however you feel like the hotel misses something ( intangible dimension )

Room Tip: Higher floors have magnificent view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had once again chosen to stay at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai and glad that you had an enjoyable holiday with us.

We are also glad that you were able to experience some of our Food and Beverage venues and the hotel facilities and found our rooms to be spacious, clean and our associates being consistent in our service delivery and standards. We certainly do strive to deliver highest standard of customer service to all our guests and it is always rewarding to receive such praise however as being our regular guest I would also like to know if we are missing something and feel free to reach out for me on your next visit.

Thank you again for recommending J W Marriott Marquis Dubai and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.