“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #16 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 night and everything was fantastic.

Wrote the wrong jw marriot in dubai cause they have 2 marriot in Dubai.
Stayed at this newer hotel and it was a great hotel with a great room.
Got my room at tower B which was new.

The room was huge and got a huge bathroom with huge tub.
I guess when you are in Dubai everything suppose to be huge and great.

Will stay here again if i visit Dubai in future.

Room Tip: High floor room and tower B
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ABecbebec
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai and pleased that you were delighted with the various hotel facilities as well as our guest room.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,480)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
empangeni
Reviewed 16 August 2014

excellent rooms and facilities
breakfast was awesome.the spread was great
shuttle service was great
the spa facilities were nice.overall I enjoyed the 3 nights spent at marriot marquise.reception was quick .
the reception area was very vibrant

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fahmeeda2014
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor following your recent holiday at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.

Even though it was a short stop over ,we are pleased that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the hotel and glad that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the spa and your dining experience. Your kind comments are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was the far the best hotel I ever been to. It exceeded my expectation to the fullest. Me and my husband stayed here for 8 days, and choosing this hotel was the one. We stayed at the 59th floor which gave us an amazing view. We are already planning our next trip to this hotel with our 2 children end of this year. Thank you all to the staff who welcomed us very much.

Room Tip: stay at the highest level if possible in order to get the best view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ibtisam A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor following your stay at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.

We are delighted to welcome you as our guest at the hotel and glad that you had an enjoyable time with us.

Your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates is much appreciated as it is nice to hear that our constant effort to provide efficient services reflects in our guests' experiences. We are also pleased that you had enjoyed the choices of our restaurants and glad to hear that you are already planning our next trip to the hotel with our 2 children by the end of this year.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to JW Marriott Marquis Dubai on your next visit to Dubai.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed in the JW for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. Prior to the stay I had emailed asking for a number of extras to make the occasion special. Special mention for Caroline in guest relations who organised everything to perfection. I, and more so my wife could not have asked for anything more. This is the best hotel I have stayed in, the service makes this hotel stand out. In addition to the check in staff, the staff at Tong Thai and the other bars we visited all set a 5 star experiment. Location is prefect, hotel is amazing and the staff are the best I have come across. Every time I visit Dubai I will be staying at the JW.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor following your visit to JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.

We are delighted that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us on this special occasion and were particularly pleased with the service delivery. Customer Care is indeed amongst one of our highest priorities and it is always rewarding to receive such comments and appreciation, which will be shared with the rest of the team.

I am also happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel facilities and very much enjoyed your dining experience at Tong Thai. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Thank you for your positive and encouraging review and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott Marquis Dubai as our guests again hopefully very soon.

Roermond, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Staff is very helpful and service minded. Rooms are spacious with everything you need. Very good beds. Nice view on the city (was on the 56th floor). Good restaurants and bars. I was at the Marquis for business. Has excellent business facilities. Surrounding area is still a building place. Probably the only downside I can think of. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.

We are pleased that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the hotel and glad that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as your dining experience. Your kind comments are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay two-night stay at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai at the beginning of August. The staff went above and beyond to make my daughter's 19th birthday one to remember! I travel quite often for business and am a Marriott Platinum Premier--this property is amazing and deserves all of the accolades received. In particular, the executive lounge staff on the 37th floor knew our names immediately, were extremely attentive, and exemplified customer service. The pool was well kept and the attendant very friendly. Our room was immaculate and had a beautiful view. Tanya in the executive offices made sure it was smooth from beginning to end. Well done Marriott!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to welcome you as our guests at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai and glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and even more happy to know that your daughter had a fabulous birthday with us.

We are pleased to know that you were extremely delighted with the service of our team members as well as the hotel facilities, including the pool and the executive lounge.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived two nights ago about 2am Saturday. There was a huge pileup of cars to get into the hotel. It took 30 minutes to get to the drop off. We had read the negative reviews so we were prepared to take our bags to 37th floor lounge. But pleasant surprise the porter (who was very good) took our bags and us to checkin on 37th floor. The entire floor is a lounge. First disappointment - pool is shut for maintenance and no option given to a different hotel or facility.

After checkin we were up to the 59th floor in tower A. I smelt dust and sand as we exited the elevator. The entire floor and my room smells and being asthmatic I am glad I had my inhalers. It's not helping as it appears the outside dust storms have a way of getting into this hotel. I have complained but all I received was a very nice large box of chocolates while we were in bed last night which I can't take back due to size or eat as I am diabetic)

The front desk manager wrote me a nice note and expressed desire to speak to me. I am still waiting to hear from her personally.

The wireless internet is of the worst quality. It's slow. I have been relying on my 3G (read expensive but despite on vacation I need connection to work email ) One would expect better and high speed service as is available in most JW marriotts I have stated at including India. This is Dubai for crying out loud that claims to have its own internet city.

1st morning breakfast was chaos. One person manning omelette station - took 30 min in line. Add icing to the cake this morning I has my table cleaned out before I could finish as I stepped out to take a call.

We couldn't figure where the hair dryer was. Stashed in a box in one of the drawers. Now can't figure out where to plug it in th bathroom.
My daughter called for a blanket two nights ago - it never showed up.

This hotel definitely doesn't fully meet the standards of JW Marriott and definitely not a JW Marriott Marquis (I'm not even sure what that means )

Heard one day later about a free shuttle to Dubai mall but it drops you off on a main road in the middle of 105F heat and you have to wait 30 mins. Not worth it. Cab ride is cheap and best. Dubai probably has the best cabs in the world

Here are some positives.

1. 24 hour executive lounge. Life saver for late night internet access

2. Great staff. The porter reached out yesterday with tape for my cracked suitcase (victim of poor handling by the owners of this hotel emirates airlines ). The exec staff desk reached out to me to book a dinner. Staff does their best but there seems to be some chaos and miscommunication. Lots of trainee staff from all over the world. Has it positives and negatives. The concierge didn't know that emirates office next door was open till 6 pm on Saturday.

3. Restaurant : tried two including Indian. Food was great. Great service. It was the Indian waiter who in casual conversation figured out we were not happy and escalated my issues to his manager who then escalated to upper echelons. The only problem is no action taken - box of candy doesn't do it. :). I'm using reward points for my stay. Maybe they can put some back :)

Nitin Rai

Ps I am having trouble posting this as I cannot connect to the server from the executive lounge ......switching to data roaming

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Nitin R
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Mr.Rai,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

First and foremost, please do accept our sincere apologies for giving you cause to express your disappointment following your current stay at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.

I was extremely concerned to read your comments with regard to your overall experience at the hotel and also very sorry to hear that these shortfalls which you have mentioned was not resolved immediately until our Director of Rooms personally met you last evening and resolved everything to your satisfaction.

Please may I assure you that this was not at all reflective of our usual service standards and the experience of a guest staying at the JW Marriott Marquis, as it is always of utmost important to us to ensure that our guests and customers leave the hotel satisfied at all times. I was happy to know that our Night Manager met you upon your departure early this morning and again reassured you will visit us back.

I would like to reassure you that we take such matters extremely seriously and would greatly appreciate it if you could contact my office directly upon a future visit to Dubai allowing us the opportunity to welcome you back personally.

Once again, I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused and look forward to personally meet you in the future.