“Thank you!”

Ranked #18 of 292 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Brisbane, Australia
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated with the utmost courtesy and consideration. We arrived earlier than the scheduled check-in time, but the staff ( thank you so much Mr Atif for your excellent care!) allowed us to check in early, and offed us a comfortable seat and cool water as we waited a short time for the room to be available. they went out of their way to ensure that we were happy and well cared for. We ate twice at the restaurant in the evening, enjoying our meals (and Mr Mustapha's wonderful service!) and the breakfasts were excellent too. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Everything about our stay here was excellent. Thank you so much for our enjoyable experience!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bolt91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The hotel staff gave us a warm welcome, they were very friendly and professional towards us. The only problem in the hotel was the wifi and the noise of the construction site which they sometimes start there work by 6am. I was given one of the corner room but then also there is noise sometimes of the construction, it was not at all a problem for us since we were on our honeymoon. Overall the service quality and the the way they maintain the property is really amazing.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the corner rooms, if possible
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

after a 20 hour flight from Auckland we were very disappointed that we were put in a room next to a construction site. We were assured that they don't work weekends and that it wouldn't be a problem. It started at 7am, 5 jack hammers. The manager really wasn't interested in the inconvenience it caused us. The apartments itself are okay, although not as new as it looks on the website.

Room Tip: rooms away from a construction site
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jane1402
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Please excuse this review for being so thorough but I feel after staying here and being so confused before leaving for my holiday this sort of review would be helpful. Arrived at this Hotel 4 hours before check in due to fligh timing and was happy to hear they had one of our rooms ready and let us have the kep immediately no questions asked. We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment and a studio. Total travelleres 6 and one infant. I stayed in the 2 bed so know more details about this sytle but on a quick inspection the studio although alot smaller was a very good room for a couple with everything required. The only thing missing that I have had in other apartments in Dubai is a washing machine that was missing in this.

Firstly the Rooms. The hotel is fairly a new hotel so all the facilities etc are very good, Huge sizes in our apartment both rooms were ensuite and a separate guests toilet again all good size and clean. The bedding was changed daily and house keeping was very good and worked around your timing while you were out etc. Most hotels in Dubai will have a safe and so did this one. The beds are a very good size and I would be suprised if someone said any different.

Surroundings. Not much but very closely located to Al Karama, Mina Bazar and a short Abraar (Dhow Boat ) ride into Deira which is all about the old school Dubai and shopping the Souls etc. Alot of work going on behind the building so can be noisy but I slept throughh it although would help it it wasnt there. Dont expect the best view of Dubai from this hotel from any angle due to location. It is only few mins taxi ride from Sheikh Zahid Road. 10 AED by Taxi, 20 AED to Dubai Mall, 60 AED to Emirated Mall, 50 AED to Marina and around 60 AED to China Mall(Dragon Mart).

Pool: From the pool you can see the Dubai beautiful view of the tall building etc in a distance but due to heat waves etc and humidity its not clear but not bad. The pool is not huge and maybe the only let down for this hotel. The place is mainly for living really and it doesnt fail that area. The pool is 1.85m deep all round and is full with 5 people in it so very small. A toddler pool and and infant pool is also available but very small. There is a hot tub but I have one in my garden that is bigger than the one there. So dont hold your breath for it. The gym is good and has sufficient equipment for a workout.

reception Area. This area is nice but does have a funny smell to some in the morning due to it being small and busy with different sorts of food that they cook. Thats what we walked into on the first day but wasnt put off too much by it. Taxis are easily available and the hotel staff are quite friendly. The manager is a really nice guy and always said if you need anything call him and gave me his card. Didnt need to use it. His name was Anoop.

Kitchen: Has hardly any serving dishes but I am sure this is not the hotels fault. I broke a plate or 2 while I was there and I am sure no one replaces them. I did as I bough 10 Plates and 10 Cups for the place at a cost of 50 AED in Deira. I would recommend doing that as its only 10 GBP and will save you some hassle. They have a toaster Microwave, Kettle and 2 shopping markets within 5 minues walk of the hotel and a smaller shop a stone throw away right opposite.

Taxis are readily available out side and the hotel can do you a transfer to the hotel very cheap. I paid 80 AED for a 16 seater and it was perfect for all my luggage for my group.

All in all a great hotel. Not the best location but for the price I am sure you can get its not bad. I paid 6000 AED for 7 Nights 2 Rooms. 2 Bed and Studio. I thought it was fair, some may say not but I feel it was worth that.

I think I have covered most questions and I hope this review is helpful to all.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank Arfan K
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Having read a number of the reviews concerning poor customer service I feel I need to write a review as I found the complete opposite.

We chose this location having previously stayed at the Xclusive Appartments nearby.

The service from the moment we checked in, to the moment we checked out was excellent. A special mention must also go to Mr. Atif who went out of his way to assist when we had a lengthy wait before our flight after check out.

The rooms were well equipped and cleaned daily including the option for fresh bedding and towels. The cafe offered a very reasonably priced menu with a wide choice and friendly service from Mustaf.

In terms of location there is a Spinneys supermarket and McDonalds a 5 minute walk away and the Burjuman mall a similar distance. Taxis pass very regularly with Dubai Mall, Dubai Creek, Deira, Karama and Sheikh Zayed Rd all around 10 minutes away. Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab and the Palm areas around 20 minutes.

My suggestions for improvements would be free wifi and some better sun loungers at the pool. Other than that I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ppol0209
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked a 2 bed exec apartment for one week at the beginning of May. Our flight landed really early in the morning, so we were at the hotel by 9am. Although the check in time was 2pm the hotel kindly allowed us access to our room around midday so this was much appreciated.

The apartment was quite nice, extremely spacious and comfortably furnished and clean. The kitchenette however is extremely poorly supplied. Firstly, this type of room accommodates up to 4 people – so it would be reasonable to expect that all the cutlery and crockery would be in sets of 4 as well. But no, apparently this logic doesn’t apply her and there was only 2 of everything – cups, bowls, etc. As we had planned on eating breakfast in the apartment each day it was a little frustrating. Secondly, there was a complete lack of provision of any washing up material (washing up liquid/sponger/brush) and tea towels or kitchen roll. This was even more frustrating as it cant be expected that travellers are going to bring along the content of their own kitchen with them. Once again, logic was missing here. Additionally, we have stayed in hotel apartments before and they have always provided a small but adequate supply of tea, coffee and sugar. This again was missing. I’m not expecting that this should necessarily be provided for free and would happily pay a small surcharge for this. The lack of these provisions meant we had to buy a 1kg bag of sugar which was completely a waste.

Every day our room was cleaned and every day the housekeeper chose to replenish the room inadequately. If you take away 4 used towels, put 4 clean ones back – isn’t that simple? This meant that every day we had to phone housekeeping to ask for towels. Again, very infuriating as this is a basic lack of customer service.

Our dealings with the staff of the hotel were extremely dissatisfactory. The lady who we saw on reception most days was never friendly or forward and any request we made was met with an ‘ok, yes’ but never provided properly. We wanted to book the hotel car to drive us to Abu Dhabi one day. We initially booked the car for 10am the next day but later changed this to 9am. We were assured the car would be ready for us at 9am. Upon arriving in the reception the next morning the car was not ready – they had not changed the time for us. We wanted to make a complaint about this and asked to see the manager. We were told this wasn’t possible. Eventually a man who claimed to be a manager came to apologise to us and said they’d have the car ready in 15mins – 45mins later the car arrived. Again, very disappointing experience.

The location of the hotel is good, walking distance away from Burjuman Mall and metro station. The facilities are ok – we saw the very small pool and the gym but did not make use of these during our stay.

All in all the quality of the apartment is a good standard but the service really is sub-standard for Dubai. We lived in the UAE for six year and so are familiar with the ‘que serra’ mentality there however this isn’t acceptable when running a hotel. I wouldn’t put someone off staying here necessarily but I would advise you to be prepared for much frustration when you deal with the hotel staff and remember to pack your own kitchen items!

Room Tip: NB: Currently there are building works going on right next to the hotel - they should but do not adv...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Deeniebobeenie
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Xclusive maples hotel apartments is centrally in Bur Dubai near Burjaman metro station,10 minutes walking distance to Spinneys supermarket, 10 minutes drive to Gold Souk and Carrerfour.
Hotel scores high on location rather than on room service, house keeping and Breakfast spread.
We stayed in 2BHK apartment its very spacious.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family