All reviews global village dubai outlet mall silicon oasis mr adel the living room area guest toilet washing machine master bed swimming pool self catering full kitchen wifi is free will stay there again the ground floor taxis are cheap short stay house keeping
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel, for its price for a monthly stay impresses. I'm used to staying at Fraser suites and this time due to budget constraints, I opted for this since it was the lowest priced two bedroom apartment I found and boy was I in for a surprise.

The staff are extremely friendly - most of the time
The facilities work well - most of the time
The housekeeping is adequate - most of the time
The curtains don't let the light in - most of the time
The bathroom doesn't overflow - most of the time

Having said that, I've paid three times what I am paying here and have had the same sort of review.

The restaurant - not for the faint hearted - mostly dry, overlooked, indelible food.

The location is excellent if you like quiet places but its not that far from most shopping malls and they have a superb, well cooled shuttle bus.

More positives; the maintenance staff is generally good - the IT staff isn't. To give an example, one of the bathrooms lights weren't working, and I never called to complain but lo and behold, the lights had been changed that very day while I was out shopping. Well done.

The beds are HUGE on a weirdly big scale. Although the overall furniture is rather cheap and cheerful - although stylish. Small things I liked and small things got on my nerves - in the master bedroom, the plus are right next to your bed - at sleeping height and plenty of sockets - 4, however, in the twin bed room, they left the plus/outlet/socket place,met the same as the master bed - meaning the socket is slap bang in the middle of the beds (twin beds)...which I'm guessing isn't 'safe'.

Oh and don't forget, this apartment is MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE on. Crazy scale. Made the Fraser Suites apartments look minuscule.

I think this hotel chain could really do well. They're stylish and chic and they have an odd sense of colors (orange carpets anyone?) :) but these are small things. Growing pains I'd even say. This place, in my mind, will be amazing in a couple of years. It's excellent already.

Overall, if I had to, I'd do it again. I like this place.

Room Tip: If you want a large room ask for the 02 rooms - higher floors, choose north side if possible - nicest, non-spooky view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Overall I cannot say it was bad.

Positives: clean, good sleeping, people are nice (this does not mean efficient!), relatively cheap in comparison to other places in dubai (but premier inn in Silicon Oasis is cheaper)

Negatives: internet only via cable, kitchenware very limited (for a 2 bedroom apartment there are 4 knives, 4 spoons, 4 forks, 2 teaspoons, two cups, 12 glasses, 2/3 souce pans, nothing to clean such as brush, wipes, detergents, tea towls, not microwave).

If I need I will go back, but I will look for alternatives before. I stayed for a month and bought a lot of kitchenware (including a microwave) that I did not need.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank At D
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Me and my friends stayed at the 2-bedroom apartment from 25th March till 1st April 2013. We requested for 4 separate beds in both bedrooms, and they actually managed to arrange this. What a delight! The rooms are very spacious, high ceilings, very clean and everything was well organized. Lucky there was a daily cleaning service, so coming back to the apartment after a long day was always great.
The kitchen was nice and spacious, unfortunately we would like to have seen a microwave. But the stove worked fine, next to the new refrigerator and water heater.
Swimming pool on the rooftop, clean towels available every day, fitness area, sauna and steam bath...awesome!
One bad thing: no WiFi in the rooms, only at the lobby, unless you have a laptop you can use it in the apartment with free Internet. The reception will give you a code to use the WIFI or Internet, but this only allows you to use it for 24 hrs. Afterwards you have to request for a new code. Something the hotel should think about to change and make it so people can use Internet during their whole stay without re-entering a new code every time.
There was a supermarket 2 minutes from the hotel with a car, which was very convenient.
5 minutes with car to the Dubai Outlet Mall. 20-30 minutes from Dubai City Centre and the Financial Centre, Dubai Mall etc.

One thing that we did have trouble with was finding the apartment. Because our rental car didn't have a GPS (not available at rental company) we had to use a map. After 4 hours driving we just asked a taxi driver if he knew the area around Silicon Oasis (where the hotel is). And luckily he knew it. It was exit 44 and you follow Al Ain road down south, so towards Abu Dhabi. Eventually the sign on the road will say Dubailand Residences Complex and that is your exit. Bad thing at night there are no lights on the streets near the hotel so be aware! After following the huge roundabout before the hotel...we made it! Just remember if you come from the airport to follow the Sheikh Mohammed Al Zayed Road and when you see an exit to Al Ain road, take this road until you find the Dubailand Residences Complex.
The following days we learned how to drive around Dubai, as it was not easy. You can easily get lost if you miss an exit. Unlike some European cities, you can make a u-turn after a couple of miles, but in Dubai that is definitely not the case. You will end up driving +20 miles further and still not know where to turn, or maybe not even possible to turn.

I would definitely recommend this hotel again and use it in the future. The area where the hotel is situated is going to be a hot spot in the next couple of years.. so beware of prices maybe fluctuating.

The price was reasonable for 4 persons, around 700 EURO for 7 nights total (through booking.com). For that price it was all worth it!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 14 March 2013

March 14, 2013 - this hotel is just off Al Ain road a main road that takes you to Emirates Rd. And Zayed University in Dubai just .5 klm from the Dubai Outlet Mall. You may want to rent a vehicle to get around freely but the hotel has a shuttle service to the malls and primary shopping areas. you are also very close to the Global Village that remains open until the end ofMarch.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank vested1
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed at Abidos from 21st Feb 2013 till 4th March 2013..

Loved it because--
1)Helpful,friendly,cooperative,prompt staff
2)Area around quiet and secluded..
3)Rooms are spacious..
4)Rooms clean,equipment new..Toilets,Kitchen spotlessly clean..(Important)
5)Free bus service to and fro...Hotel to the 3 important malls..
6)Pool on the 16th floor..

Did not enjoy--
1) The hotel is located far from the city centre....Many taxi drivers do not know the place because it is new..Spent a bomb on taxi service..This is the only minus point of the hotel..Had a bad experience when I missed the exit road while returning home one night..Missed the exit road ..Probably paid 3 times the actual amount by cab..
2)Missed a microwave...Can't understand why an inexpensive but important piece of kitchen equipment was missing..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends