All reviewsglobal villagedubai outlet mallsilicon oasismr adelthe living room areaguest toiletwashing machinedragon martmaster bedswimming poolself cateringnice rooftop poolfull kitchenwifi is freewill stay there againthe ground floortaxis are cheap
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is the biggest appartment I ever stayed in. Rally clean with a nice desert view all over you. Kitchen was big & fully equipped with all what you might need. The swimming poll was amazing, my kids & other kids & me enjoyed very much. Beds comfortable. We had 4 toilts in the apprtmnt!
Nice & clean family place for a day or 2 relaxing away from the city & crouds.

Thanks to all the Abidos Staff.

Room Tip: There is a big Supermarket nearby about 300 mtr, you could by your family needs from. Dubai city centre is 15-20 km away. Dubai Mall less than 15 km away. set at the balcony in the evening & enjoy breathing a clean & fresh unpuloted desert air.
1  Thank ABUHAMDANAH
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Went on an adventure for a few days so I didn't want to spend a lot on the hotel, I scanned the internet for hours and found a bargain. Its a bit far from the city centre but the hotel has a mini bus which leaves at 10.30am and drops you off and collects you at the Outlet Mall, Dubai Mall and another Mall. If taking taxis it takes roughly 20 minutes from the Airport. This hotel is still being built so not many taxi drivers are familiar with it, as it is way in the Desert.

The apartment we stayed in had 2 bedrooms, kitchen, a shower in kitchen,2 bathrooms and another toilet and sink near front door and a large lounge with dining table and coffee table, a balcony and satellite TV with better channels than London!!!!!!!

The drive towards the hotel was scary because there are no street lights, so the children were scared and they started to say that I selected a bad hotel, but when we entered the apartment they were so happy......

Breakfast was good with a excellent choice of tasty food and we had the pool on the top deck of the hotel to ourself as there were not many people staying in the hotel.

This is a new hotel, which in my opinion is going to do very well in the future, Try a book it before the prices go up!!!!!!!!

Great family Apartment.

1  Thank lorraineJLondon
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel, for its price for a monthly stay impresses. I'm used to staying at Fraser suites and this time due to budget constraints, I opted for this since it was the lowest priced two bedroom apartment I found and boy was I in for a surprise.

The staff are extremely friendly - most of the time
The facilities work well - most of the time
The housekeeping is adequate - most of the time
The curtains don't let the light in - most of the time
The bathroom doesn't overflow - most of the time

Having said that, I've paid three times what I am paying here and have had the same sort of review.

The restaurant - not for the faint hearted - mostly dry, overlooked, indelible food.

The location is excellent if you like quiet places but its not that far from most shopping malls and they have a superb, well cooled shuttle bus.

More positives; the maintenance staff is generally good - the IT staff isn't. To give an example, one of the bathrooms lights weren't working, and I never called to complain but lo and behold, the lights had been changed that very day while I was out shopping. Well done.

The beds are HUGE on a weirdly big scale. Although the overall furniture is rather cheap and cheerful - although stylish. Small things I liked and small things got on my nerves - in the master bedroom, the plus are right next to your bed - at sleeping height and plenty of sockets - 4, however, in the twin bed room, they left the plus/outlet/socket place,met the same as the master bed - meaning the socket is slap bang in the middle of the beds (twin beds)...which I'm guessing isn't 'safe'.

Oh and don't forget, this apartment is MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE on. Crazy scale. Made the Fraser Suites apartments look minuscule.

I think this hotel chain could really do well. They're stylish and chic and they have an odd sense of colors (orange carpets anyone?) :) but these are small things. Growing pains I'd even say. This place, in my mind, will be amazing in a couple of years. It's excellent already.

Overall, if I had to, I'd do it again. I like this place.

Room Tip: If you want a large room ask for the 02 rooms - higher floors, choose north side if possible - nicest, non-spooky view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Overall I cannot say it was bad.

Positives: clean, good sleeping, people are nice (this does not mean efficient!), relatively cheap in comparison to other places in dubai (but premier inn in Silicon Oasis is cheaper)

Negatives: internet only via cable, kitchenware very limited (for a 2 bedroom apartment there are 4 knives, 4 spoons, 4 forks, 2 teaspoons, two cups, 12 glasses, 2/3 souce pans, nothing to clean such as brush, wipes, detergents, tea towls, not microwave).

If I need I will go back, but I will look for alternatives before. I stayed for a month and bought a lot of kitchenware (including a microwave) that I did not need.

1  Thank At D
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Me and my friends stayed at the 2-bedroom apartment from 25th March till 1st April 2013. We requested for 4 separate beds in both bedrooms, and they actually managed to arrange this. What a delight! The rooms are very spacious, high ceilings, very clean and everything was well organized. Lucky there was a daily cleaning service, so coming back to the apartment after a long day was always great.
The kitchen was nice and spacious, unfortunately we would like to have seen a microwave. But the stove worked fine, next to the new refrigerator and water heater.
Swimming pool on the rooftop, clean towels available every day, fitness area, sauna and steam bath...awesome!
One bad thing: no WiFi in the rooms, only at the lobby, unless you have a laptop you can use it in the apartment with free Internet. The reception will give you a code to use the WIFI or Internet, but this only allows you to use it for 24 hrs. Afterwards you have to request for a new code. Something the hotel should think about to change and make it so people can use Internet during their whole stay without re-entering a new code every time.
There was a supermarket 2 minutes from the hotel with a car, which was very convenient.
5 minutes with car to the Dubai Outlet Mall. 20-30 minutes from Dubai City Centre and the Financial Centre, Dubai Mall etc.

One thing that we did have trouble with was finding the apartment. Because our rental car didn't have a GPS (not available at rental company) we had to use a map. After 4 hours driving we just asked a taxi driver if he knew the area around Silicon Oasis (where the hotel is). And luckily he knew it. It was exit 44 and you follow Al Ain road down south, so towards Abu Dhabi. Eventually the sign on the road will say Dubailand Residences Complex and that is your exit. Bad thing at night there are no lights on the streets near the hotel so be aware! After following the huge roundabout before the hotel...we made it! Just remember if you come from the airport to follow the Sheikh Mohammed Al Zayed Road and when you see an exit to Al Ain road, take this road until you find the Dubailand Residences Complex.
The following days we learned how to drive around Dubai, as it was not easy. You can easily get lost if you miss an exit. Unlike some European cities, you can make a u-turn after a couple of miles, but in Dubai that is definitely not the case. You will end up driving +20 miles further and still not know where to turn, or maybe not even possible to turn.

I would definitely recommend this hotel again and use it in the future. The area where the hotel is situated is going to be a hot spot in the next couple of years.. so beware of prices maybe fluctuating.

The price was reasonable for 4 persons, around 700 EURO for 7 nights total (through booking.com). For that price it was all worth it!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends