“Friday brunch - a great Dubai tradition”

The Talk Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$35 - US$75
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Marina
London, United Kingdom
“Friday brunch - a great Dubai tradition”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We booked rather late so couldn't find one on the Dubai entertainer BOGOF offer - so this was a rather expensive alternative. Actually it was worth it. The staff were charming and we were outside which on November 1st, was really comfortable and there were no signs of building works unless you lent over the terrace the other side of the pool. Once in, its a buffet and flowing drinks: cocktails and sparkling wine. We were two vegetarians - one nut-allergic - and two meat but not seafood eaters. And there was plenty of choice of really delicious food for all of us. They were SO good about the nuts which makes a huge difference to our comfort. Plus hardly any of the desserts contained nuts. I loved the enthusiasm of the chefs: the Cronut fryers were cajoling, the pasta makers engaging and the bbqers compelling. Everything was served in small portions so you could try lots of different things. Children catered for with staff, food, crafts and computer games. Pleasant and not too noisy jazz duo. We thought it really well-judged and had a very good time.

• Visited November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
“Avoid it. For the next 2 years at least”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The place is very overpriced for what it is. There is construction noise right infront of the hotel, you can still sleep at night np. But balcony is useless.
The restaurant is under main thence so not so romantics to eat in the confrens room. And all of this you still pay full price for.
Oh and the pool is not what it looks like in the photo. It's tiny.
Avoid this place

Visited October 2013
Muscat, Oman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be Away! ”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

OMG I can not forget the bad time that I spend in this hotel !!!
They gave me and my family a room under the club ! We could not sleep ! I asked for changing the room , and they gave me an occupied room!!
I spent 30 mins for check in though I did the reservation online !!!
A lot of bad memories !!
I don't recommend it !!

“THE BUILDING WORKS ON THE BEACH ARE DESTROYING THE ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Im a regular business traveller and always stay at MJBR.Mainly because its close to the office and local restaurants.PLUS ,the employees are lovely helpful people .They make it feel more like a club. However the Senior Management really must try harder to force the building works over the road to cease after 10PM and start after 7 AM. I slept one night in 10 during my stay. It left me totally drained.

• Visited September 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Movenpick Please Avoid”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is our first time visit to Dubai and I looked at trip advisor through this forum and went on the recommendations, I was booked at the RItz Carleton but thought I will give this a try but I wish I had changed my mind the pool is closed and the other pools are far ... The nise at night from the contraction would wake people living in England some of the staff are very rude, ignorant and can't understand or speak English ..I tried to book a safari in the dessert and charge it to my room and the person shouted no used my credit card to book the safari and I work in banking and the movenpick travel desk advisor could not use the credit card machine as we the same machines in our business I spoke to the front desk manager as I wanted to speak to the general hotel manager to complain and no reply as if he is worried ..this hotel is very bad and it has spoilt our holiday I expected more from a Swiss Hotel but I guess Swiss Stanards are dropping I would be ashamed to call myself the owner of this hotel please avoid and book elsewhere. I will be speaking to my travel company ask for a refund .. To the general manager I hope you are proud of yourself as you have ruined our first trip to Dubai and our 26 wedding anniversary there are 3 more people in our party who are ashamed to say the booked here and I will leave it to them to post their comment ...what a disgrace

• Visited July 2013