“What a great place to stay!”

Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Ranked #79 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We wanted to spend a few days with sunny & warm weather at the end of February, and so ended up in Dubai. The hotel is recently opened and is just great: the location on The Palm, the restaurants, pools, the decor ... But the icing on the cake were the staff! They made this the perfect stay. Every single person we met was friendly, smiled, offered excellent service almost anticipated our wishes! Thank you for making our stay such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Rooms on the poolside offer a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Fairmont T, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear bmve,

We cannot thank you enough for your beautiful review with regards to your overall experience on your recent stay with us.

It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliments from you for every effort we make here at Fairmont The Palm to fulfill beyond every guests’ expectations.

Nothing is more satisfying for us to know that our high level of hospitality leave you with such a memorable experiences. It is priceless for all our colleagues.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont The Palm and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (4,921)

Reviewed 20 March 2013

after our recent stay at your hotel we would like to thank all your staff for the excellent service and friendliness they showed us during our short but enjoyable break.I would like to a special mention to the Concierge Sisira Jayawardene who has assisted me greatly by returning my mobile phone which i accidently left in the hotel when i came home, although not of great value it had a lot of personal data on it which could not be replaced. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality and help Mr Murphy

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at this property February 23-27 2013 and was impressed by it being a new property and the potential it will have once it is completely finished.I requested early checkin room was not ready was a bit disappointed after traveling for 13hrs to get to Dubai.That was the only thing I had a problem with other than the fact there is no airport shuttle of any kind you have to rent a car or take a cab because they are so far out.I also had an almost unfortunate mishap, I went on a safari and left my camera in the drivers car went to concierge and spoke to Sirisi (hope I am speling it correctly) who went above and beyond to call the compnay to track down the driver so he could bring it back to me.Mind you my flight was leaving in the next couple hours and I would have went back to the US without my memories of Dubai if he had not helped me.Sirisi thank you so much again for all of your diligent calling to ensure I got my camera of memories back!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lafaye R

Dear Lafaye R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you were impressed of our resort and that we have created lasting memories, mostly due to the efforts of Sisira, our Concierge Agent.

We are truly proud of Sisira for being an exceptional service ambassador and we are happy to share your gratitude to him for going above and beyond to successfully retrieve your camera, just in time before your departure flight from Dubai.

We also appreciate that you shared your arrival experience. Please accept our sincere apologies that it did not go as smoothly as anticipated. I have shared your comments with our Rooms Department to review and improve our arrival processes. On your next visit, our Guest Services will be glad to assist you to book and arrange your airport transfers.

As we write to you, our resort is fully operational in exception of Bā, our Chinese Restaurant which is opening very soon.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at Fairmont The Palm.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

If you are used to the normal standard of amenities and service of Dubai 5* hotels you will do well to give this a miss. It is a big hotel with a dispropotionately small amount of resturants for its size, and no other form of entertainment. This place, (which I am still in as I write this), has been a let down from check in onward. Arriving at 1.30am the doorman had to search for someone to check me in!. The "man made" beach has a building site either side of it. Water sports would be extremely limited due to the fact that there are large boats and a couple of dredgers anchored about 200m off of the beach, so the idea of sailing or otherwise is a farce.
I have a large suite and in this suite are a few very large pieces of furniture to try and take up some of the space. It beggers belief that a company can spend so much money on a hotel but leave its rooms and public areas so bland, boring and unappealing and unwelcoming. Turndown service doesn't happen and I'm about to call down to get the mini bar restocked as that hasn't been done either, no complementry bottled water except for first night and tap water whilst no doubt drinkable, tastes of processing.
I am in a sea facing room which actually faces the outer palm, when the wind blows as it did on my first morning, the wind blowing in the windows makes a really loud noise and woke me up, however this might also be down to the fact that my sliding doors to my bedroom cannot be locked!.
I will search very hard for a room elsewhere in the Marina area before you would get me back here. The room rates are also very high bearing in mind you can get much better of everything in most of the other hotels around the marina area.
The view of the marina area at night is worth the view, but it just reminds you of where you would rather be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This new hotel located on the Palm Jumeirah is Fantastic! The staff were attentive and willing to help, the entire hotel was kept spotless and the beds were the best that we have ever slept in! Plenty of life guards by the pool, complementary personal trainer at the very well equipped gym and excellent food! MUST try the Frevo Brazilian restaurant! Overall an excellent hotel on the Palm Island!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Fairmont has raised the bar with this one. Great service to a point where I got spoiled the one time we ate outside the hotel! I stayed with some friends for a long weekend and definitely took the advice of other reviewers here and went with a sea view room which was worth the price. What a beautiful sunrise - really magical experience. Friday Brunch at Frevo was fantastic - great food (lobster included!), friendly service, and all inclusive fresh fruit alcohol drinks. There were plenty of people using the pool and the beach which made for a lively atmosphere. Overall I had a great experience as did my friends. Don't be fooled - the hotel isn't cheap in fact I cringed a bit when I saw the final bill. But when I look back at how great the weekend was it was worth the cost. Fairmont The Palm really made this holiday special.

Room Tip: Sea view room was worth the extra cost. Apparently odd floor rooms are blue color scheme while even...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank appraiserman
Fairmont T, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Appraiserman,

Thank you for this raving review on your holiday experience with us.

The breathtaking view especially of the sunrise and sunset is indeed one of the key attractions of our resort.

It is such a pleasure to know that aside from the ambiance, you and your friends enjoyed our services, facilities and culinary offerings at our new Frevo Brunch.

Our team looks forward to see you back at Fairmont The Palm on your future visits to Dubai.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Fairmont The Palm is undoubtedly a good hotel and if you stay there, overall you will probably enjoy the experience. The hotel although quite large does not enjoy what I would call an extensive plot. The strip of beach is pretty narrow. Each end of the hotel beach are building sites and I could be unkind and post some pretty nasty pics! However it is important that Fairmont ensure that their beach is debris free. When I was there the hotel had made little attempt at water sports and there is no room for tennis or basketball courts, etc. the hotel staff in general are undoubtedly doing their best but perhaps because the hotel is new there seems to be a somewhat amateur approach. I would have expected there to be a more visible management presence at this time. With regard to the restaurants I dined in two and had a drink in another. Ba a Chinese concept was not open. Frevo, a Brazilian restaurant and Flow Kitchen are fairly cavernous with little atmosphere and may be more suitable for conference groups. The cuisine at Seagrill On 25 was excellent, the service was appalling. The rooms being new are nice. I can see that this is an OK place to stay if they tidy up some of the annoying aspects. But it wasn't for me!

Room Tip: Face the sea. Some rooms will hear the live music from Frevo.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple