“Not so bad”
Review of Abjar Grand Hotel

Abjar Grand Hotel
Ranked #505 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very close to the airport and 200 m from the metro station.
Before known as Ramada this hotel offers decent rooms but not renovated for years.
Lobby spacious,front desk confused and slow all other ok.
There is a plenty of night clubs in the mezzanine floor 5 or 6 I think offering entertainment
but Ethiopian is the best among them.
I didn't even try the breakfast but it was very poor for 4 star property.
Anyway this hotel is good for transit but not for regular tourism or business as all
the attractions are too far.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank asterisk1964

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here one night as provided by emirates airlines. They put me on the 1st floor and the disco on the ground floor could still be heard in my room til late.
The good - the room was large, linen good quality and generally clean.
Breakfast was substandard for a hotel selling itself at this level. Cornflakes the only cereal option. Hot food was greasy and the pastries dry. Instant coffee out of a jar - really?
The airport Copthorne hotel is better but was already full.
They insisted on keeping my passport on check-in which was disconcerting but I was too tired to argue. Fortunately it was returned on checkout in the morning.
Emirates airlines should seriously consider whether this hotel is aligned with their own standards of quality and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to avoid noise from music on ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Venusvoyager
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I spent a four days holiday in Dubai this month. I stayed in Grand Abjar and my stay was quite nice. Service was good, food was fine and overall stay was comfortable. It was at walking distance from metro station and we could reach almost every where within a short period of time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shahida H
Reviewed 26 May 2013

In short, I would say this is a poor hotel, terrible 4 star hotel (hence the 1 star)

I was there only because I missed the connection flight with Emirate.

The hotel is, at least for a tourist, located in the middle of nowhere. I can't find anywhere to go in the nearby area...oh well, I can't go online (no way to get even 1 minute of free internet connection) so I don't how to travel around as well.

The room... as you can see in a picture attached, it wasn't a pleasant experience to walk through dirty cloth on the floor to go to your room.
The room..maybe they gave me a suite... it was spacious. Virtually no windows (REALLY close to another building) so it was dark and you have no idea whether it was day or night outside, maybe they think that helps combating jet lag? Oh well, doesn't work for me. The room seems clean (unless it was too dark for me to see the dirt clearly). The decloration is not what I like but that is subjective. The bathroom is a disappointment...seems old and not clean. Did the renovated the room without working on the bathroom?

I was dead tired (try queueing and combating with Emirate ticketing staffs from 1AM till 6 AM!) so I could sleep very well.

There was No free internet, no computers for internet access for free.. Since I was staying in Dubai against my wish so I wasn't planning to spend a dollar there.

The restaurant.... everything is bad. From food quality , selections, service, cleaningness.... Absolutlely not something I was expecting from Dubai/UAE. You should see how they prepare the table for next the guest after someone left... I had 3 meal vouchers and I eventually forgo a meal there and went to airport early. One of the worst dining experience in a hotel, and it is a 4 star one.

Service quality is not good, which seems to be typical in Dubai...I guess job security is never an issue for people there. I was going home from Iran and guess what? Services in Iran is better than in Dubai, not something one might expect for a city boosting tourist and service industry. I asked for transport (free) to the airport and I have waited for around 1.5 hour. The driver just refuse to drive until the van is full, and I mean really full... with all the extra detachable seat occupied. (and the van has no dedicated area to carry luggages)... that seems to be a standard practice for Ramada chain, at least according to my experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wilfredwong
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed there for a night, as we missed our connecting flight with Emirates.
The staff is clueless about different requests we had.
It is extremely hard to find sleep in this hotel as there is a club/ cabaret on lobby level, which is quite loud.
Service was really poor and hotel cleanliness was mediocre at best.

I do not recommend it at all.

Taher

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Taher B
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went there during a transit at Dubai Airport. The building looks nice, but, hell, why did they put a night club into the hotel ? The goal of an hotel should be to be able to sleep in a quiet place, obviously this one is not. We were at the 2nd floor, just above the night club. I Was able to feel the vibrations in the floor. Absolutely impossible to sleep. And, of course, the apathetic staff did absolutely nothing to move us to another room when I asked. The music stopped at about 2-3AM. Wake up call for everybody at 5AM, whatever your take off time is, they don't mind.

Crazy night in here. The worst hotel ever.

Want to have some rest in Dubai during your transit ? Don't hesitate, go somewhere else !!!

Room Tip: Absolutely avoid the 2nd floor, just above the night club !
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OlivierG505
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the new name and management to the more famous ramada continental hotel so reviews of that hotel are hold valid in abjar hotel specially in terms of room size(being small)&etc.....reception and checking in was ok and fast.when we enered the room sheets were dirty but they changed it right away. Breakfast was good and delicious.the pool & fittnss center were closed.the taxis in front of the hotel are far too expensive.

• Stayed: January 2013