“Excellent Service”

The Galleria Residence
Ranked #88 of 305 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed 25 February 2014

At last! In all my years of travelling I have, at last, found a hotel that will actually return items that have been left behind. They not only found the item (which is very rare - most hotels say there was 'nothing there') and provided an inventory list of what was in my purse so I can decide what I want returned to me. Brilliant! I shouldn't have been surprised really as this is the kind of service we had though out our stay. The staff were always pleasant and helpful, particularly the concierge Kristina in the Hotel side who was very knowledgeable and gave us great advice.
My husband and I and our teenage son booked the Galleria as I had stayed there many years ago and as others have noted, whilst the apartments are spacious, the one we stayed in had not been updated, so its true they are in need of refurbishment. However you can use the excellent hotel spa and pool area and there is free Wifi on the hotel side. (It would be more convenient if the Galleria had free wifi too given that we all want to be connected these days - particularly teenagers!). The hotel side also has tennis courts and a separate park/playground for little children. The Galleria supermarket is well stocked and very good value - prices are very similar to England. The Galleria/Hyatt Regency is close to the 'old' Dubai and taxi rides to the Dubai Mall (worth a visit) and Jumeriah Beach 'tourist' areas are about £8 each way. Although there is a very good public beach at Al Mamzar Beach park (£1 entrance) only a short distance from the hotel. We used the metro if we were coming back in rush hour (6-8pm) which is cheap and easy to navigate and there is a stop within a few minutes of the hotel. All in all, good value and it's the staff that make this place worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LEW18

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having lived in the UAE for 16 years it was my first time back as a 'tourist' when I was not staying with friends. Excellent location, close to all amenities, the staff were friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble for them. The apartment is a very good size and well furnished with everything one would need.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek, great views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharjahsuzy
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed with family for 3 nights in Hyatt Galleria in a 2 bedroom apartment and had an excellent stay. All the rooms are sea facing and have a very good view. Everything was in place and the checkin/checkout was very smooth. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a small supermarket inside for buying any grocery, food etc. It is also pretty close to the Metro station.
Cons: Inspite of paying the amount earlier itself, my credit card was blocked for 600 AED as deposit and it takes 20-25 days to be credited back by the bank. There is no free Wifi available and if you want to do so, you need to go to the Lobby of Hyatt Regency. There is an ice skating rink also available which can be utilized. Please note they don't provide helmets which is a major risk which you are a beginner.

Room Tip: Higher floors have much better view of the sea
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed here with friends for three nights in a two bedroom apartment. After booking on line I was surprised at the size of the apartment, more than adequate for two couples. It is well equipped and well located near the gold souks and Palm Deira Metro Station.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kensy09
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed 5 nights there in a business trip. The flat is a nice one with full equipped kitchen and 2 bedroom. The location is very nice. The residency is very clean and near to gold market and not far from all main locations in Dubai.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Visited Dubai few days ago. We were pleased with my stay at this hotel. We stayed for 6D/5N and our experience was good.

Rooms were clean, staff helpful. We had requested early check-in which was given. They need to upgrade few appliances in kitchen like Microwave as it was very old though perfectly operational. It took us some time to learn to use it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Went there last week . Read some reviews which were not very nice. now lets be clear this is a family place so peoples comments with reference to prostitution and hookers is simply not true. while in Dubai it depends on you what you want to do be a gigolo or other wise.
the staff is extremley friendly rooms are clean and room service is acceptable. for the charge of the room I think its excellent value for money. the front dest staff Mr jasmine , Mr Prince and two girls from burma I came in contact with were rather decent and proficient. I ll recommend you to go and stay there

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business