“Simply The Best”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #8 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Wow! This hotel really is simply the best. I’ve stayed in various hotels in Dubai and all of which I have found lack the service which one would expect from a 5 star property. However, Dubai at last, now has a Hotel to be proud of and that is no other than the Oberoi whose service is absolutely impeccable as replicated in all other Oberoi properties.
The room I stayed in 813 (deluxe room) overlooking the infinity pool and views of the city, was extremely spacious (I actually thought it was a suit), with a large comfy king size bed and super soft pillows, a sofa and coffee table, a desk with I-pod/phone docking which can be played through the TV, mini bar, espresso machine and tea making facilities. The bathroom is huge, a free standing bath located in the window, a rain shower and toilet/bidet enclosed in separate glass rooms with doors and two wash basins and not forgetting the walk in wardrobe.
If you wish for any additional services a butler is at hand by pushing the butler button on the phone and who will be at your room within less than five minutes. I used her to fill my ice bucket.
I dined at the Nine7One restaurant for breakfast and also Friday Brunch (a very popular past time on a Friday in Dubai) which was diverse, plentiful & delicious offering Asian, Arabic and Western options. Oh and not forgetting the Mojito’s which are amazing, a selection of various rums, leaves (mint, basil and Chinese one which I can’t remember the name of) and various fruits of your choice all chosen from their Mojito menu.
Although I didn’t use the fitness centre or spa it is open 24 hours to guests only I did take a look around and must say both look very impressive. The infinity pool is surrounded by comfy sun lounges and with the compliments of the hotel each guest is offered bottles of water and sun tan lotions. The pool area staff are very attentive as are all of the staff at the hotel.
For the final night I dined at the Japanese Umai restaurant where the chefs cook in an open plan kitchen serving dishes such as sushi, sashimi and Teppanyaki complemented with soups and noodles etc. Once again food to die for.
I've been lucky enough to stay in a lot of luxury 5 star hotels throughout the world and I really can say that my stay at the Oberoi is probally one of the best I have had the priviledge to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic and excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and thank you for all your appreciation on the overall facilities, service and our jewel, the staff. At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues makes every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated and enjoyed your sumptuous breakfast and brunch at Nine7One Restaurant and dinner at Umai Pan Asian Restaurant.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Karim Bizid

Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

A true 5 star hotel, and if it were rated 6 stars I would believe it. The service cannot be matched (maybe, but that would be hard to believe). The hotel discourages tipping, apparently they give 10% of the bill back to the employee's. It was nice to know that I would not go broke on tipping, but at the end of the trip I put money in an envelope and gave it to the front desk to distribute to the employees. The location is excellent for "down town" and very close to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. I traveled during my birthday and the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne and a cheese platter complimentary. I have traveled to 19 different countries, stayed at many hotels, but this is by far the most luxurious and most accommodating hotel I have ever stayed at. The complimentary coffee in the room is Nespresso! I must have had 10 cups of complimentary cappuccino. Water in the room is also complimentary (that is a big deal since in my last hotel in Las Vegas the water in the room was $8). The taxi's dedicated for the hotel are Lexus taxi's (slightly higher price than the standard taxi), but if you ask the greeter he will make sure to get you a regular taxi. Make sure to have the hotel name written down with the address. For some reason, some taxi drivers did not know where The Oberoi is located. I will be back to Dubai, and when I do, I will stay at The Oberoi.

Room Tip: Room 1603 was excellent. My friend stayed in 1605, and it was just as fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricko34
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your amazing review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Oberoi Dubai, which is indeed centrally located along Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

People are the life and soul of our hotels – these wonderful ladies and gentlemen with their genuine care and warmth ensure that every interaction with our guests is a wonderful moment of truth. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team. I have shared your recognition with the team – your words of praise will further inspire them in their pursuit of excellence.

Your sentiments are precious – again thank you so much for taking the time to write your stay experience online.

Meanwhile, we earnestly looking forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai in not so distant future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

A most luxurious hotel already established in a new and growing area of business bay. Hotel is served by local Metro station and has its own shopping mall opposite the main entrance. Room is excellently appointed with all the necessary facilities for business or leisure travellers. Swimming pool area is small but very welcoming, quiet and a great sun trap. Food is served to the pool area and the service is quite excellent with a nice touch of providing chilled face towels on request.

Room Tip: Try to secure higher level room and view of Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall district
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sussex_boy_123
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay at The Oberoi, Dubai recently and thank you so much for appreciating our overall facilities and services.

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Outstanding is the word which comes to my mind after staying at The Oberois Dubai. what a wonderful experience it was right from the start. Iv said it before and i say it again "Oberois" defines the term "hospitality". Management - Top Notch, Food- the best spread and the most courteous servers (including the chefs who personally assist you on what to eat, where its from etc ) Housekeeping - Excellent, Quick. Room service - Again Exceptional. Right from the time you check in to the entire length of your stay till the time you check out, you are thoroughly pampered.
Just one advice - look no further and book ur next stay in dubai at the Oberois.

Room Tip: choose the pool facing rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank VT12013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent and heartwarming feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your genuine recommendation.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel is completely outstanding. I've stayed in a number of hotels in different parts of the world and this is without a doubt the best one. The facilities are first class but the thing that makes this hotel stand head and shoulders above the rest is the service given by the staff. They are so keen to make sure that they do everything possible to give you a first class stay. They really do take a pride and joy in their standards of service. They are courteous, friendly, helpful and personable. I really can't say enough to praise this hotel and it deserves all the plaudits it gets. During our stay there was a crack in the floor to ceiling bathroom window. It wasn't a problem for us but I informed the front desk so that they were aware. Instantly they apologised and arranged for us to be moved to an adjacent room. They could not have done more to make the move as seamless as possible. We didn't even have to move any of our cases or property between rooms.

One day we returned to our room to find a note from housekeeping saying that they'd noticed that I was coming towards the end of my tube of toothpaste and had taken the liberty to provide me with a new tube of exactly the same brand. A couple of days earlier my wife had been amazed to find that housekeeping had cleaned her hairbrush to the extent that it was as clean as the day she bought it. Just a couple of examples of superb service !

I could go on about this hotel and it would be no exaggeration. It's just excellent and the staff are tremendous. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when going back to Dubai. It's just a shame there aren't more Oberoi hotels around the world.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay with us online.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you and your wife have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive. All colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have recently stayed in the hotel and find it very good value for money and provides excellent service
Friday brunch was just an amazing experience of culinary experience
Room service was very efficient and hotel is located very close to Dubai Mall, Business district and Burj Kahlifa

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Khalique A
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am also pleased to read that you had an excellent Friday Brunch at Nine7One Restaurant and was satisfied with the overall service.

It was a pleasure to have you stayed at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Firstly, I have to say that the Oberoi Dubai is an excellent property, both in terms of Product and Service! My husband, daughter and I stayed in The Oberoi for a few days to get away, and what we found was perfect for just that! The rooms were spacious and luxurious, the service was impeccable, and food was out of this world. They catered to our every need, including baby sitting services - which was reliable and trustworthy! Everything was about 20 minutes away which made it easy to get around….. Our daughter is a toddler, and she also had a wonderful time… I would definitely recommend The Oberoi to our friends who want a little R&R in Dubai or even a business trip. I will be coming back - thank you again for our stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SaudiGetAway

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful experience and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team and we really look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.