“They have simply perfected Indian hospitality outside India”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #7 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“They have simply perfected Indian hospitality outside India”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Being Indian, I have a close bond with the Oberoi group. I consider them one of the top hotel chains on par with the Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental and Aman for their exquisite product and mind-blowing service.

In Dubai, I didn't expect them to have a great product but was simply stunned when I saw how perfectly they have been able to replicate true Indian hospitality in the heart of Dubai.

From the truly iconic arrival experience to the 'down-to-the-detail' trained staff, and the classic Oberoi appointed rooms, The Oberoi Dubai does not fail to impress anywhere. Their f&b is to die for with the hottest club in Dubai setting up inside recently, this hotel is a perfect choice for business and leisure Travellers.

Brillant!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank arajaram
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Oberoi Dubai!

We are delighted to hear you had such a fantastic experience from start to finish. At The Oberoi Group, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Karim Bizid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
HK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a great hotel. The building and rooms are stunning, the service is both attentive and effective and the food exceptional. Housekeeping deserve a special mention, always doing a great job and being proactive. It is located in the new Business Bay, so the area around the hotel is a building site, so not suitable for walking, but cars are the norm in Dubai, so no issue. Being close to the business district and attractions like Dubai mall it's an ideal base for a business trip. I would not recommend it for holiday makers though as the beaches are some way away. Only negatives to my stay was on the last night, when a party in the pool area woke me at midnight, and loud music made sleep impossible. As I had an early start the next day, it left me tired and stressed. Then, checkout was curt and abrupt, it was the only time service disappointed. Both incidents combined to leave a poor finish to what had been an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Request a high room to get the views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. What you have experienced does not reflect the true image of our services and the hotel.

Whilst I deeply regret the inconvenience caused, I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hammamet, Tunisia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great Hotel, Big rooms , exceptionnal service , warm indian hospitality,
very nice bathroom, soundproof corridor..
Delicious food and pleasant service at the Japanese restaurant of the hotel +++
I will be back very soon .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warmest regards,
Rotherham, England
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Top class hotel:

* Accommodation: Premier rooms fabulous
* Food & Bars great
* Swimming pool, Gym & Spar excellent
* Hotel on site car/taxi service in luxury vehicles fabulous
* In room dining, laundry service etc excellent

In all, this hotel is by far the best I have ever stayed in, in Dubai & probably the best I have ever stayed in anywhere worldwide. From the first day checking in at 08.30hrs & being able to check in to our room at 09.30 to being dropped at the airport on our last day by luxury car, nothing the hotel did could have been any better. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who travels to Dubai. It is truly Top Class.

Finally to the staff, you are the best staff off any hotel I have ever stayed, quite frankly you were "Wonderful".

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit. We hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination again.

Warm Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here with my family on a 4-day holiday and what can I say - the service level is exceptional. Right from the Housekeeping team who are sweet enough to replace a shaving cream tube that was about to finish with a brand new one to the room service girl who instead of just leaving a trolley with food, goes out of her way to arrange a proper meal on the table in the room, the Oberoi will make people think many times over why they haven't stayed here whenever they have travelled. The breakfast spread is excellent and the Indian restaurant has exceptional food. Hard to find a better hotel in the entire region.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay with us online.

Warm Regards,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location, about 5 minutes to Dubai Mall. However, there are many other hotels even closer to that area.

I honestly booked here because it's ranked 3rd of Dubai Hotels on TripAdvisor, but I can't figure out why ? I have been to hotels in Dubai which I think are way better than this one. There isn't really any thing special about it.

I also have to point out that there pillows really really suck. My wife and I had nick and back pain because of it. I also have a friend who have been there and also mentioned the same issue to me.

Bottom line; come here only if the other nearby hotels are much more expensive than this.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to have you as our guest at The Oberoi, Dubai and thank you for sharing feedbacks on your stay with us online.

I am very disappointed that we have failed to provide you with a flawless service experience on this occasion, and it is a big concern for me that you left very disappointed with your stay.
I have taken note of your comments about the quality of in-room pillows and I am pleased to inform you that we have just received the new order and that we are in the process distributing them in all rooms.

Please accept my since apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would welcome an opportunity to regain your trust and hope that the above will not keep you from returning to our hotel.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

Best regards,

London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My Mum and I had the best holiday ever thanks to the Oberoi Dubai! From where do I start ? Will a page long review full of praise be enough? No, I feel no words can describe the level of perfection mastered by the team of Oberoi Dubai! (now extended family to us).

Lets start from the very beginning- the booking process was by far the swiftest I have ever experienced- The reservation manager was in touch with me over email and quickly got all our preferences etc from other Oberoi hotels. The booking was confirmed the same day I sent an email request. I requested the hotel to book a Marhaba (airport welcome) service for my Mum and this was done without any trouble.

Upon arrival- the hotel chauffer was waiting for me right outside the arrivals hall. His smile and etiquette reminiscent to that of the Oberoi Dharma- I knew it was the start to a great holiday! The drive to the hotel took just 20 minutes.

Upon arrival- the duty manager personally greeted me, check-in was done in the comfort of the palatial suite the oberoi's had bestowed on us!

The hotel three restaurants- each one better than the other. The brunch at 971, the dimsums at Umai and the thali at ananta- all of them are a must have ! The brunch in the hotel is a refreshing change from the mountains of food that have become synonymous with luxury hotel brunches across the UAE and India!

Shame that we could not make full use of the spa! But I did have a mini treatment there and it was fabulous!

The room was exceptionally well maintained by housekeeping and the entire team was pre-emptive is guessing our preferences and tell you what- they always always got them correct!

The butler team of the hotel is awesome! Our butler unpacked my suitcase, took all the clothes for ironing, put each item in a separate plastic coverings and finally back into the suitcase.

The concierge service made our holiday very special. They are great at finding tables in top-end dubai restaurants, formulating itineraries and organizing trips. We took the hotel car to Abu Dhabi for a day. The concierge put together a schedule for us and our chauffer was the icing on the cake. He was well versed with the abu dhabi and gave us an excellent tour of the city.

I know this review does not reflect the exceptional time we had at the hotel. But what I can say though is that no amount of reviewing will ever be able to summarize our experience at the hotel. I will refrain from mentioning individuals in this review as the entire team was tooooo kind on us. However, a very very special mention for Prasad, Naina, Abigal and Caroline- without you the trip would have not been what it was!!! Thank you Oberoi Dubai! Cannot wait to return!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anirudhvb
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Oberoi Dubai and we are truly delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic experience from start to finish.

Also, thank you so much for your comments on our overall facilities, service and people in particular about prasad, Abigail, Caroline and Naina,

People are the life and soul of our hotels – these wonderful ladies and gentlemen with their genuine care and warmth ensure that every interaction with our guests is a wonderful moment of truth. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team. I have shared your recognition with the team – your words of praise will further inspire them in their pursuit of excellence.

Your sentiments are precious – again thank you so much for taking the time to write your stay experience online.

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcome you back in not so distant future.

With warmest personal regards,