“modern and new”

Ranked #7 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
The Hague, The Netherlands
“modern and new”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Lovely hotel, new, with clean bright rooms. Well maintained, with a lovely bathroom and all you may want available in the room. Good location, few minutes from Dubai Mall and most other attractions.

The hotel is missing however the special touch. It was a completely depersonalized hotel with no special flavor, nothing to remind you of the Oberoi chain.

Some technical issues when we stayed there, with some electricity falls, some bad smell in the corridors on some floors. The air circulation should not stop with the air conditioning or rooms will become smelly. Air refresher should be made available everywhere to keep away the bad smell.

I like very much the "no tips to individual staff" recommendation from the management and the staff attitude in line with it. Honestly, having to keep your hand in your wallet for every service or bottle of water you ask for, is very annoying in other hotels. Getting the smile of the staff and a good service knowing that they do not expect to get anything feels more normal and I appreciate the Oberoi way. (You can always leave a tip which will be shared by all staff or mention the name of any staff giving you special service). Nice touch, it add elegance to the service in this hotel. One of the most relaxing stay in a 5* hotel which is up to the expectations.

Room Tip: Some constructions are going on in the area around. Ask for a room on the quiet side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi Hotel Dubai and it was certainly a great pleasure having you with us.

I am very glad knowing that you have recognized the courteousness of our staff. It is our primary objective to provide exceptional level of service to our valued clients for an unforgettable Oberoi Hotel experience.

On a separate note, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvinience caused pertaining to some issue such as electrical and unpleasant smell at the hotel corridor. We value your observations and it is only through constructive feedbacks such as yours that enable us to improve.

I really thank you and value the time you took to share with me your overall experience and we look forward to welcoming you back once again at The Oberoi Dubai.

Karim Bizid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spent 2 nights here over a weekend ( Dubai was hosting the World cup in Horse racing) as part of a 5 night conference stop in Dubai. My arrival was very courteously handled at reception and quick and it was good to sink into a very comfortable bed in a large modern room with all amenities. The bathroom was really lovely and spacious although the luggage closet was small and narrow and unable to accommodate my suitcase. Never the less this was a good feature in the room. Breakfast spread was very good although on the first morning there were not enough seats inside ( although I was alone) and I was allocated a table far outside which was not prepared with any cutlery and crockery and I had to call for almost everything apart from it being a long walk to the buffet.
Service in the lobby lounge was a bit haphazard as the waitresses serving complimentary coffee and dates to guests didn't offer me any despite being there over 30 minutes, although they kept patronising the other guests with refills. Maybe they treat Arab and British guests preferentially. I am a very frequent guest in Dubai and have stayed at hotels such as The Address Downtown, all the Jumeirah Properties, Grosvenor House, The Palace, The Grand Hyatt, Zabeel Saray, The Conrad , Jw Marriot Marquis amongst others so I do know the standard of 5 star hotels in Dubai and I chose to try the Oberoi this time after reading other reviews. This property probably has a lot of potential and although I would still rate it as a very good hotel, I think it fell short of my expectations. I spent the remaining 3 nights at the Conrad which was opposite the Trade centre where I was attending a conference and the service there was way above that of the Oberoi.

Room Tip: ask for Burj khalipha view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having been our special guest recently and for taking the time to share with me your constructive observations.

I sincerely apologize for the poor service experienced at The Oberoi. It is professionally embarrassing for us to fall short of your expectation and our reputation. What you have experienced was certainly not the Oberoi standard we commit to our guests. We value your observations and it is constructive feedback such as yours that enables us to improve.

I would welcome an opportunity to regain your trust and hope that the above will not keep you from returning to our hotel.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were very reluctant to stay at the oberoi when our agent recommended it as we always stay at the address hotel or kempenski dubai .
We made the right choice by staying at the oberio this time as we loved it. The hotel is fairly new in a busy area , but that didnot bother us as everything else inside the hotel was perfect.
The front office was very helpful and efficient. The rooms are calming and charming. Large enough for you to be comfortable and bring in all your shopping bags. The butler service was a total indulgence and food is fantastic. We look forward to going back .. A must stay.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is good to stay. Choose any room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making the right choice to stay at The Oberoi Dubai during your recent travel to Dubai and we are indeed very happy having you with us.

At The Oberoi Group, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Oberoi Dubai lives up to the Oberoi standards. I am always impressed by all of the details included in the room. It was very helpful to find so many details (e.g. toothbrush, scrubby, small things that exceed the standard shampoo and body wash) especially when on business and such a short trip! Service is exceptional. Unfortunately, there is a lot of construction outside, but that is Dubai for you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are indeed very glad having you stayed at The Oberoi Dubai.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next travel to the UAE.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

i have travelled and stayed all over the world and must say this property shines out on account of superb staff and excellent facilities. The lobby may not be glaborous but the rooms are great . Pool is great and heated. Gym great. Cant say much about spa as didnt use it. There is free shuttle to Dubai mall, an efficient concierge.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Talwarnaveen
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time and likewise appreciated our overall facilities, room, gym, pool, efficient concierge and most of all, our jewel, the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back ‘Home’ on your next trip to Dubai.

Jeddah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The Oberoi in Dubai is truly one of the better hotels in town, but at the moment not recommendable! Around the hotel is heavy construction work ongoing and this because of the climate mainly in the night. The noise of heavy machinery and trucks during the whole night kills you I had a premier room with breathtaking view on the Burj Khalifa but I could go without it if I could sleep.

I guess I will visit the Oberoi again when the surrounding area is developed, but in the next twelve month I will stay away as far as possible from this terrible noise...

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Abdul K
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you as our guest at The Oberoi, Dubai recently and we thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us online.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay and that you are unlikely to recommend us to any of your friends / colleagues or would not stay again in the next 1 year.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvinience caused due to the noise from the surrounding construction sites. We value your observations and it is constructive feedback such as yours that enables us to improve.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at The Oberoi Dubai for 3 nights on a stopover on my way home to Australia from Kenya. The accommodation is sensational and the staff are exceedingly helpful and attentive without being intrusive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to provide your amazing feedback about The Oberoi, Dubai.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit and we hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination again.