“Faultless quality & service. ”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #8 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited Dubai several times and stayed good 5 star hotels most of the time and I can say the Oberoi is probably the best mainland hotel I have experienced. As i stay in hotels a lot during my travels in the Middle East, I naturally always look at how my experience could be better when staying at hotels but I couldn't fault the Oberoi. It deserves his high ranking and you will only know why once you stay here. I received an e mail before I even arrived about my up coming stay asking for my preference and purpose of visit. You were greeted like royalty as soon as I stepped out of the taxi and when we checked in. I was fortunate to be upgraded to a suite and we entered the room, we had a bit of surprise how the room was prepared for the special occasion my wife and I were celebrating. The suite was spacious, a bathroom that had everything, a quality bed and everything in between. Like I said, it's all in the detail. This hotel has not cut any corners when it comes to the furniture and equipment in the room from the HD Samsung TV, Mercedes sprinter free shuttle service, right through to the wooden flooring. It really exceeded our expectations. Dubai has plenty of luxury top quality hotels and I am generally someone who likes to experience an experiment but this experience has changed that, this is now my only hotel choice in Dubai.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Dubai during your recent trip to the UAE and we are very pleased having you with us.

We appreciate spending your valuable time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable.

At the Oberoi Dubai, possibilities are endless and you are assured of our uninterrupted attention and impeccable services. All colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

Karim Bizid

Write a ReviewReviews (1,953)

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

No words to define the service ,decor and hospitality of oberio we stayed for 5 nights from 22 -27 june 2014 it was wonderful .rooms are big and spacious and the washroom are amazing and burj khalifa view from room is breathtaking thanks

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we are glad having you with us.

We are indeed very pleased to know that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay and have appreciated our warm, friendly and personalized service that is consistent with the Oberoi brand standard. Also, we are happy that you adore our room, bathroom, overall facilities and the view of the Burj Khalifa from your bedroom.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next travel to Dubai in not so distant future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

5 Star Hotel, all comfort and prestations available. Very spacious rooms, luxurious, "king" size bed ideally fitting back problems. Bathroom with tub and shower, separate closet, living room TV, desk available, coffe/tea machine, big windows (however not opening to fully contemplate the view). Newspapers available each morning via room service. Wide range of breakfast is offered from continental to American, European, traditional, same applies for the buffet during lunch and dinner. Staff helpful and available any time. Very nice lobby, amazing swimming pool and Spa. Many services available in the hotel. A bit far from Airport, on Business Bay (new business area still on work, howerver no single noise in the rooms), around 80 DHS (27 USD) at night, but close to Dubai Mall. No metro station in the surrounders, taxi might be the single mean of transportation. Recommended hotel for business trip especially.

Room Tip: High level rooms for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are indeed very pleased to know that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay and have appreciated our warm, friendly and personalized service that is consistent with the Oberoi brand standard. Also, we are happy that you adore our room, bed, bathroom, swimming pool and spa, amenities and food. At The Oberoi Dubai, possibilities are endless and you are assured of uninterrupted and impeccable services at all times.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for four nights in mid-June 2014 and paid about $292 per night including taxes, breakfast, and in-room WiFi. I was thoroughly satisfied with my stay. Service is impeccable, from check-in to check-out, and the Oberoi has a "no tipping" policy, which I found very refreshing in a city where everyone has his hand out. The hotel is located in the new Business Bay development, close to the new Marriott Marquis, a primarily commercial area about halfway between the Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. The area is rather sterile and there are no places to walk to, but taxis are readily available. There seemed to be shops and restaurants in a nearby residential development, but it would have been a long walk across busy streets in the heat to get there, so I didn't try them. The room was spacious and well-appointed, and had one of the largest hotel bathrooms I've ever seen, with stand-alone tub, walk-in shower, and bidet. One drawback to the room design is that the walk-in closet is located inside the bathroom complex, and both the shower and WC are enclosed with transparent glass, so if one person were using the "facilities" the other would not be able to access the walk-in closet or the double-sink vanity area. Another minor drawback to the room design is that (at least in my room) the front door opens up directly into the bedroom, with no hallway. The pool and gym were spacious and well-appointed. Breakfast was about average for five-star hotels in Dubai, with a buffet that was not extensive but also a menu (included) of eggs cooked to order, pancakes, etc. The breakfast room was small and easily overcrowded, requiring some diners to sit in the outside courtyard at busy times. But overall, the experience was very enjoyable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi,Dubai during your trip to the UAE and we are very pleased having you with us.

We appreciate spending your quality time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable. Your positive feedback is a great source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service. At the Oberoi Dubai, possibilities are endless and you are assured of our uninterrupted attention and impeccable services.

Your thoughts have been shared with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit and we hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had always heard of The Oberoi hotel chain but never stayed there – a fact I repent now. There is this hotel in Dubai - where I stay almost 30 days a year – and I never had stayed in Oberoi. Right from the time of booking over e-mail till departure, the quality and service standard of the hotel is clearly visible and its TOP CLASS. If you are looking for LUXORY, this is your place – I have stayed at many other Dubai hotels which ‘claim’ to redefine LUXORY but nothing is compared to The Oberoi.

Booking: I had booked over e-mail and it was all smooth. The reservations team replied to my mails very promptly and also re-checked a day before arrival to make sure everything was in place. My wife was checking in earlier than me and they made sure she had no issues when she reached the hotel – all praise from her too. All the staff at front deck were very helpful.

Room: We are in the DELUXE room ( the lowest level) but it was better than any rooms I had stayed in Dubai. Huge reception with impeccable furniture and blinds ( very needed in Dubai summer). Wall paintings gave the room a real rich feel. As soon as I thought the room was over, I stepped into the walk-in closet and bathroom. Oh man so much space to shower and keep your luggage. Very clean room and with all amenities that you could ask for. The Bathroom was twice the size of my current bathroom in London Toiletries were top class and plenty of clean towels. The choice of channels on TV is also great. Hotel excels in providing personalised service of guests as was visible in the room service promptness as well as the fact that they make the room twice – Europe hotels should learn something from Dubai ;) Everything we needed was either there or just a small phone call away. My review would be incomplete if I did not mention about the BUTLER service – looks like there is a dedicated butler for each floor to take care of each and every need. Like other hotels, I asked for a shoe shine before leaving for office but unlike other hotels (where you are handed over a small liquid), the butler took it herself and hand polished it to bring it back sparkling. Generally, I believe in doing such things myself but she insisted and I gave in. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH SERVICE BEFORE and KUDOS TO THE HOTEL!!

Eating: Ananta - the Indian restaurant is a delight – every dish is spectacular. Mouth-watering dishes served by the Indian chef were great. Sandhya – the restaurant manager – made us feel very comfortable so much so that we ended up eating there ALMOST EVERYDAY. Umai the Indo Chinese eating place was equally good – the fancy way in which the lady serves tea is something to admire a lot. Finally, the breakfast – the less said the better – it can only be felt once you are there. Such a large spread and fresh counter for hot items + the service It’s a heaven for people who like Indian food – I have never eaten so much in breakfast but could not help with the food quality. I can’t name one item which fell short of impeccable standards. Everything was mouth-watering so much so that my recent 4 kg weight gain can be squarely blamed on the Oberoi breakfast. However, the review would be incomplete if I did not mention about Noemie – the Asst Manager at the Breakfast area – who made each and every guest feel at home with her charming talk. Great job lady ( and yes, France is improving game by game in WC 2014 ).

Everything was perfect in the hotel, including the pool. I am trying to think of some faults but can’t come up with  Looks like Oberoi doesn’t give you a chance to complaint. I was so moved by the gesture of handing us over bottles of cold water that when we were taking the Airport taxi. Again – something that I have never seen at any Hotel. Hope Oberoi keeps up this spirit and I would keep coming back.

Room Tip: Pool facing till the construction is over
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional feedback pertaining to your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are overwhelmed with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your experience and appreciation on the room, bathroom, overall facilities and our jewel, the staff.

At The Oberoi Group, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed for three nights in June and highly recommend it. The service was amazing and the rooms clean and spacious. They made sure all the little details were covered and listened to what we wanted and went out of their way to help.

There is free valet parking and wifi.The breakfast bufet was delicious with a wide variety from all over the world.

The only down side is access to the main entrance if you are driving. it can be a little confusing but once mastered you are only a 10 min drive from dubai mall and sheikh zayed road.

i would definitely stay here agrain.

Room Tip: The higher the better. The twin rooms are massive but very few so ask ahead
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we are indeed glad having you with us.

We are delighted to know that you have truly enjoyed your stay and have appreciated the attention, impeccable service and hospitality from our jewel, the staff as well as the overall facilities and food in the hotel.

Thank you for your heartwarming recommendation.

We earnestly looking forward to welcoming you back to your "new home away from home" soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I highly recommend this hotel due to several reasons, spacious rooms, cleanliness, friendly environment, location to Dubai Mall, SPA, free parking and much more
My next visit to Dubai will definatly be at The Oberoi Hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Maldhwayan
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we are very pleased having you with us.

We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay and adored our spacious room, hotel location which is very near the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa as well as the friendliness of our colleagues.

As promised, we look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai on your next travel to the UAE in not so distant future