“Indian Spices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Indian Spices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was in Dubai for unplanned business trip from 11-13 July 2014 with my Partner. We stayed in The Oberoi Dubai Hotel, Business Bay. The hotel is just a 15 minutes walking distance from the Business Bay Dubai Metro Station. when you are driving you have to go through flyover and take U-turn to enter the hotel. I think that Dubai Government should approve a short cut access as a recognition for the hotel. The staff are unbelievable!!! They are from several different nationalities. They are all kind, polite and professionals. In particular: Gulnaz, Russian (The soft flower) in the Rooms reservation. She speaks English fluently. Lusiana, Indonesian in Front Office with a magic smile. She allowed me to check-in while I was conducting my meetings. Saqib Masudi from IT section, he connected all my handhelds devices and my partner's iPhone to the WiFi. Ajeshmon from Oberoi Spa who provided all we need to enjoy the Spa. At last Awd, Egyptian from F&B who had the duty of hospitality during meetings and when we left the hotel. As a married person I did not miss the family atmosphere because I was surrounded by the same in the hotel, especially in the restaurant which is located in the basement. The most things I liked in the hotel: The Indian Therapy room, Nuts and fresh Fruits in the Gym, the water hose between the W.C. and bidet, the dressing room inside the bathroom, Nespresso coffee maker in the room and the multi functional power board which is built-in the office desk. On the other hand, I hated only the way to access the hotel by walking and the CCTV camera inside the Elevators.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank Ebrahim A
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Dubai during your recent business trip to the UAE this month.

We appreciate spending your valuable time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

At the Oberoi Dubai, possibilities are endless and you are assured of our uninterrupted attention and impeccable services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

Karim Bizid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
lahore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

First stay in the Oberoi after staying in many other 5 stars in Dubai. The hotel is good but in order to become more popular it needs to try to become the best in its category. Small things can make a big difference.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank vseuren
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Dubai recently and we are delighted having you with us.

We appreciate spending your quality time to share your feedback online. Your positive comment is a great source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service.

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcome you back.

Qatif
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great location and friendly staff. I booked the cheapest room and I was really impressed with room size, there was a proper seating area with a center table, working desk and king size bed all without the room being too claustrophobic. There is a walk in closet in the bathroom and really good bathroom amenities. I tried Umai restaurant and the food was amazing.
I will definitely stay at The Oberoi on my next visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional feedback pertaining to your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive. I am pleased to know that you have adored our room, bathroom, overall facilities and food.

As you have promised, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Possibilities are endless at The Oberoi, Dubai.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I uses to book in oberoi dubai , rooms and suites also halls , its amazing view and amazing service , every single person there is professional , i can not say except i am doing my business with them without following up . Once i send email with my request they immediately do it without any single mistake , also the chef Rabah is very helpful , during my halls booking he contact me to check if the buffet is satisfied , Thank you all for your great support, Thank you Ali and Emad .

Dina Elassal

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your quality time to provide your valuable feedback about The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are indeed very pleased to know that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay and have appreciated our warm, friendly and personalized service that is consistent with the Oberoi brand standard. I will certainly share your kind words with all our team.

As always, we really look forward to welcoming you back in your "new home away from home".

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment I arrived at The Oberoi Dubai, I knew I had "arrived". I doubt that royalty get treated any differently here as the service could not have been better. We were checked in in no time at all and taken to my room where I was shown around. The view from my windows was spectacular and I could happily have spent the week right there not leaving my room!
The breakfast served in 971 was fit for a king, and even as a fussy eater I was spolt for choice.
Service from the hotel staff, from reception to the shuttle that took me to the Dubai Mall was friendly, courteous and extremely efficient.
I would return to the Oberoi any time again and recommend it whether for business or pleasure. We were there for several meetings and everything just works! What a pleasure. Thank you Karm Bazid and your team.

Room Tip: I was on the 24th floor, but I'm sure wherever you choose your room to be you wont be disappoint...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Delaine d
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are indeed very pleased to know that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay and have appreciated our warm, friendly and personalized service that is consistent with the Oberoi brand standard. Also, we are happy that you adore our room, breakfast, overall facilities and impeccable hospitality and service provided by our colleagues.

Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation and as promised, we look forward to your next stay at The Oberoi, Dubai in not so distant future.

Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Management & staff ensure prompt & personalised service of highest standard with a eye for detail which is unmatched.
The expierence from check in to check out was memorable one - starting with personlised welcome choclate with our photos to Bon Voyage wishes at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay with us online.

We are delighted to hear you had such a fantastic experience from start to finish. At The Oberoi Dubai, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back again at The Oberoi, Dubai soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the Oberoi Dubai towards the end of June and what an amazing experience. The hotel is just over a year old and is a welcome addition to the Dubai hotel scene. It is located in the Business Bay area, so there is some surrounding building work - but where isnt there in Dubai!!!!. We we not disturbed whatsoever by any noise at all, but if you are, the hotel thoughtfully provide ear plugs should you need them - I doubt if you will however. From check in to check out the service was faultless and the staff were all first class. Reception is a calming area rather than some big brash check in and you are seated whilst all of the details are sorted with a welcome drink to place you at ease after travelling. We had a stunning one bedroom suite on the 12th floor with views over the Burj K - a great view. The suite was huge with a large bedroom, guest bathroom, lounge area and massive master bathroom - all with floor to ceiling windows offering great views. Also, there was an outside terrace which could have easily accommodated about 15 or so people if the heat subsided. A butler is provided also for all of your needs and was charming. Even ironing one of my wrinkled shirts before I had a chance to do so. From a business point of view, the rooms are all well equiped with all the technology that you will need and the wifi is excellent and very fast. Breakfast was served in the 971 restaurant (the dialing code for Dubai) and offered a large range of items to suit all tastes with both indoor and outdoor seating too. You could not have wished for a more wonderful buffet to start the day. The pool is located across on the other building and offered a relaxed atmosphere with very attentive pool service. The hotel also offers an Indian restuarant and the food here was excellent. Other places to eat were on offer, but we did not have time to try them unfortunatley. What does set the Oberoi apart from others hotels is the service, the staff here really do thake the time to care for you and this is obvious from all of them we met. The hotel also combines traditional Arabic and Indian touches also - to make this THE hotel to stay in Dubai I cannot recommend this property highly enough - having stayed in numerous hotels on my past visits. I will return tomorrow if I could - well done Oberoi

Room Tip: all rooms here are excellent but those that offer views over the Burj K do have the extra wow
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive. Also, we are glad that you appreciated our warm, friendly and personalized service that is consistent with the Oberoi brand standard. We are happy that you adore our room, hotel location and the view of the Burj Khalifa from your bedroom.

Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit and we hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination again.