“A Great place to go if you are in Dubai for business”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #8 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Oberoi is a great place to go and stay if you are in Dubai for work or business. The hotel is in the up and coming new business district. The area around it is still work in progress but that would only get better with time.
The hotel has excellent staff, well trained and completely up to speed. The whole process of checking in is smooth and one appreciates this, specially if you come on an overnighter like i did. The rooms are large with excellent day / night curtains to guard your privacy.
The bathrooms are large, stacked up with all the amenities one would expect, the showers work beautifully and the tub is a great place to soak in
Breakfast is very good, it has good options on the spread, if you need anything additionally, the staff was more than happy to provide for it.
It's close to the Burj and DIFC and the airport is well accessible from the hotel.
I wish i could have stayed on longer to enjoy the place.

Room Tip: Try and take a room with a view of the Burj and Sheikh Zayed Road, that looks spectacular in the nig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your amazing review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Oberoi Dubai, which is indeed centrally located along Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai. Also, thank you for appreciating our room, bathroom, amenities, location, breakfast and impeccable service provided by our staff.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai in not so distant future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were traveling from Australia to the UK and wanted to stay somewhere downtown in Dubai, close to Dubai Mall and with enough room and services to get us by (transfers, shuttle services to the mall etc). We found the Suite Surprises offer at the Oberoi and decided to book a room. The staff were great even before we stayed, they responded promptly to my email enquiries about the chauffeur service upon our arrival and our early check in requests. We were picked up upon arrival in a gorgeous BMW, and even though we arrived at the hotel at 6am they were able to check us in!! The offer we booked had a checkin at 10 am so we thought to drop out bags off and go to Dubai Mall, so it was amazing to find out we could go straight up. The suite we stayed in is bigger than our apartment! And nothing is left out in the service and hospitality category. Even with a baby in tow, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room service menu is so great (treat yourself to the Arab breakfast!!) and we made great use of the Nespresso machine! The view of the Burj Khalifa is amazing, and we had TWO balconies. The pool and gym facilities are first class also - I think I've fallen in love with the pool design and the fact it was the PERFECT TEMPERATURE for hot and humid Dubai.

I could go on forever, there are so many positive experiences from our stay. Probably the most amazing thing was the concierge bending over backwards to track down a Finding Nemo DVD for our daughter to watch, as all the kids films had been borrowed from the front desk - so they sent up complimentary cookies and popcorn!! We got far more than our money's worth, it was an absolute bargain for the use we got out of the suite, the facilities and the services.

We also recommend jointing in the Iftar meal at NineSevenOne, their restaurant, during Ramadan. It's a great way to experience Ramadan and the staff are more than happy to show you around the buffet and explain what will happen during the meal. And, the food is amazing! Again, the staff were so accommodating of our daughter, providing a high chair and coming over and keeping her entertained during the meal. We had breakfast included in our room offer and we really had to work hard to not eat too much again, it was such a great buffet and with so many Arabian dishes we wanted to try.

All in all, our stay at the Oberoi was the most memorable hotel stay I've ever had. Treat yourself to a Suite Surprise!

• Stayed: July 2014
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience with us online and I am truly touched with your meticulousness and genuine sentiments.

At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues makes every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai. Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated and enjoyed your sumptuous breakfast and Iftar at Nine7One Restaurant. Also, I am delighted knowing that your daughter had a wonderful time

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Homely atmosphere warm and friendly hospitality with family feel touch and care as well 5 star at its best!

Lots to learn for other international brands from The Oberois and Trident Brand

Ishita you made it extra special for us from the time we arrived till departure for your outstanding hospitality

Chef Vickie thank you for looking after the Gujus demands

Shukran and definately see you soon on our next visit !

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JAYSHANGHAVI

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you had a memorable stay at The Oberoi Dubai. Thank you so much for your comments on our service and people in particular Ishita and Chef Vickie.

People are the life and soul of our hotels – these wonderful ladies and gentlemen with their genuine care and warmth ensure that every interaction with our guests is a wonderful moment of truth. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team. I have shared your recognition with Mohammed and Samoul – your words of praise will further inspire them in their pursuit of excellence.

Your sentiments are precious – thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights and were very impressed. On arriving at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff who were happy to help. Our room was very impressive with a great layout and amenities. The bathroom was large, walk in shower and a huge bath built for 2. The whole room was immaculately clean with nothing out of place.
The hotel staff were very highly trained and nothing was a problem to them.
We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant both mornings, as it was Ramadan there was only one option of restaurant available but the food was very good.
The area of the hotel was great for accessing the Dubai Mall, only 5 mins in a taxi.
We didn't use the pool or any other amenities in the hotel with it only being a short stay but we had a pool view from our room and it looked very nice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for couples, we will stay in this hotel again if we visit Dubai in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure having you stayed at The Oberoi, Dubai during your recent travel to the UAE.

We are overwhelmed to know that you had a relaxing, comfortable and memorable stay and also appreciated our room, bathroom & shower, amenities, breakfast, location and the best of all, impeccable service rendered by our staff.

Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation and we look forward to serving and welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai on your next trip to Dubai soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

What a great service, been visiting Dubai for so long and I can say I found my favorite hotel in Dubai

Rooms; is Smart & decent size; love the rolling curtains by push of button,

Bathroom, well designed and offer the comfort you deserve …just brilliant

Breakfast, excellent selection and well made.

Location, not far from the metro 5-10 min walking, the hotel offers Shuttle to Dubai Mall also offer frees parking.

But the most of all what I like in this hotel is the hospitality and level of service they provide.

Bad; little noise from construction around the hotel

Room Tip: the one with View to Burj Khlifah
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional feedback pertaining to your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are overwhelmed with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your experience and appreciation on the room, bathroom, overall facilities, breakfast, location and most of all, our service and hospitality rendered by our jewel, the staff. Your sentiments are precious, thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

As you have promised, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your new favorite hotel in town. Possibilities are endless at The Oberoi, Dubai.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I, along with our two children (aged 20y and 18y) spent 2 nights at the Oberoi in Dubai in July 2014. We asked for adjoining rooms, one with a double bed and one with twin beds., when making our on line reservation.

The day before our arrival the hotel contacted me by phone and checked arrival time, transport from the airport, etc.

On arrival the check in was easy and the rooms were as requested. The service and facilities at this hotel are excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the caring staff. Just to give an example, I asked for a more detailed map than the single sheet handed out by the concierge; they promptly arranged for a suitable map to be purchased from an outside source and sent it to my room. There was no charge for this.

The food in the restaurants we tried were superbly prepared and served. Again the service was unintrusive and excellent.

My only adverse comment was that the drive in to the hotel was rather poky, up a steep ramp leading to the main entrance some two levels up from road level. However, on arrival a valet took the car away and parked it and the system for getting the car brought back for the next use was easy and seamless.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Oberoi Dubai.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know you had a wonderful experience from your arrival and departure from the hotel. We are also very pleased that you and your family had a memorable, relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was in Dubai for unplanned business trip from 11-13 July 2014 with my Partner. We stayed in The Oberoi Dubai Hotel, Business Bay. The hotel is just a 15 minutes walking distance from the Business Bay Dubai Metro Station. when you are driving you have to go through flyover and take U-turn to enter the hotel. I think that Dubai Government should approve a short cut access as a recognition for the hotel. The staff are unbelievable!!! They are from several different nationalities. They are all kind, polite and professionals. In particular: Gulnaz, Russian (The soft flower) in the Rooms reservation. She speaks English fluently. Lusiana, Indonesian in Front Office with a magic smile. She allowed me to check-in while I was conducting my meetings. Saqib Masudi from IT section, he connected all my handhelds devices and my partner's iPhone to the WiFi. Ajeshmon from Oberoi Spa who provided all we need to enjoy the Spa. At last Awd, Egyptian from F&B who had the duty of hospitality during meetings and when we left the hotel. As a married person I did not miss the family atmosphere because I was surrounded by the same in the hotel, especially in the restaurant which is located in the basement. The most things I liked in the hotel: The Indian Therapy room, Nuts and fresh Fruits in the Gym, the water hose between the W.C. and bidet, the dressing room inside the bathroom, Nespresso coffee maker in the room and the multi functional power board which is built-in the office desk. On the other hand, I hated only the way to access the hotel by walking and the CCTV camera inside the Elevators.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ebrahim A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Dubai during your recent business trip to the UAE this month.

We appreciate spending your valuable time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

At the Oberoi Dubai, possibilities are endless and you are assured of our uninterrupted attention and impeccable services.