“The Oberoi, Dubai - Spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #7 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“The Oberoi, Dubai - Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Having lived in Dubai for almost three years, I've had my fair share of spa experiences - both in 5* hotels and smaller outlets.

Up until a year ago, I was an avid fan of the spa at The Ritz Carlton, DIFC, visiting almost monthly.

The Oberoi hotel opened up across from where I live in Business Bay and I became a quick fan of the various restaurants and decided to try out the spa.

It took only 90 minutes for me to forget The Ritz Carlton and I've never looked back.

Today's massage was no different to the last 14, and I love everything about the spa experience at The Oberoi.

Most crucially, and obvious for this premium [Indian] brand, is the range of authentic Indian massages. I had never heard of Ayurveda massages, such as abhyanga. The spa also offers the more traditional spa treatments, such as Balinese massages, facials, and so on.

First is the welcome experience, where after wandering past the gym, you're greeted by incredibly friendly staff who go out of their way to assess your needs and offer you the best massage suggestion. They're never pushy toward the expensive treatments either, there's a genuine desire to understand what the customer may need.

Second, and what I like a lot, is that every spa room has it's own changing area and steam/shower. Indeed, the entire process is behind one closed door and I think that is something The Oberoi have gotten right. You get a lot of alone time, should you desire. I've often sat in the steam/shower for almost 30mins after the treatment.

There is an evident spa experience that has been created by The Oberoi. Your masseur will collect you personally from the reception area, take you to the designated room, explain where everything is in the changing room, and close the door behind you, waiting in the main massage area for you to get ready. Once you've changed and popped on the oversized dressing gown (I believe they're purposefully oversized - and they feel great) and the cool yellow slippers, it's time to get started. The immediate step is to sit in a chair and have your feet washed with a scrub you can choose from. Although clearly hygienic (almost all Indian massages include the feet), The Oberoi have managed to make this an integral part of the experience and it starts the unwinding process much quicker. As this is being carried out, the masseur will ask specific questions around what areas you want him/her to focus on, what kind of oil would you like, and so on. Initially, I asked 'what oil do you have' not knowing much in the way of what was best and the chap presented a little tray with three pots on, each containing a sample. He then explained what they are and what they do.

Once this is over, the massage begins and the masseur will do a quick roundup of 'is the lighting OK?', 'room temperature?' 'music volume?' ...

The first massage I had was abhyanga and I had never felt so relaxed in a spa. I enjoy massages but had long struggled to really relax. This massage is relaxing from the word go. There's an excellent mix of pressure and movement. I love the massage that I have it almost every time I go.

Once it's all over there is no pressure to leave. Indeed, the offer of the steam/shower is made along with herbal tea of your choice. I tend to avoid the steam/shower if I've had an Indian massage as it's recommended the oil stays on for a few hours.

All in all, I would highly recommend The Oberoi Spa. The staff are highly trained, immensely friendly, and I think it's the only place I've felt there is a genuine experience attached to it. Added to this, it's not expensive either, unlike a lot of Dubai hotels.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional feedback pertaining to The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are overwhelmed with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your Spa experience at The Oberoi.

We are overwhelmed to know that you indeed had a very relaxing and overall comfortable treatment and have enjoyed the whole process. The Spa team made every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have exceeded all your expectations.

Meanwhile, we look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Dubai in not so distance future.

Karim Bizid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Albany, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been travelling all my life and have stayed in many hotels, from the sublime to the ridiculous. The Oberoi in Dubai is at the top of the sublime scale. The staff are absolutely superb - kind, attentive, helpful in the extreme. The room was enormous and fitted out to luxury spec. The bathroom was bigger than entire rooms I've stayed in in other hotels. The bed was sheer luxury. I would definitely stay there again. Loved it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank eipie1962
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about The Oberoi, Dubai.

It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time and we are delighted to know that The Oberoi, Dubai surpassed your previous hotel experiences.

Your sentiments are precious – thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. As promised, we earnestly looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in not so distant future.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

i stayed in the hotel for 4 nights (initially was planning for 9-10 days) ,
THE GOOD:
-the rooms are huge and very well equipped (nespresso machine , LCD , automatic curtains)
bathroom is big with a very nice tub with a view!
-housekeeping was the best i have ever seen (i spend at-least 5 days a month in a 5 star hotel somewhere in Mideast or Europe) , they changes my deodorant for a new one coz they noticed that its about to go empty ! they noticed i use lots of coffee from certain kind they got me more of it.....
-pool is very nice and they give you complimentary drink , sunscreen , facial refreshment spray !

THE BAD:
(NOT SO BAD BUT COMPARED TO WHAT oberoi should be and compared to similar high standard hotels )
-staff were friendly but lacking some training
-it took 30 mins till the bellman got me a taxi!!!
-another time i ordered taxi by the phone and 40 mins later nothing ! but actually the manager sent the hotel car with me and charged me as a regular taxi (i appreciate that)
-food was not as good as other oberois ! i wouldn't say bad at all , breakfast was good actually
-the corridors had too much flowery smell (aint niice) and it effected my breathing !

THE UGLY :

we lost 100 euros from our bags !!!and we are 99% sure that it was lost in the room
the management reply was: .........NOTHING !
i had to leave the hotel right away

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure having you stayed at The Oberoi, Dubai during your recent travel to the UAE.

We are happy with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your experience and appreciation on the room, bathroom, overall facilities and the empower extended by our jewel, our staff in providing you exceptional quality service during your stay.

On a separate note, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused regarding taxi delay and lost of some currency in the room.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Beautifully clean and tidy hotel. Shame they put us near to the bar as it was quite noisey. If we were complainers, I would've asked to move as it was going on quite late. Hospitality was faultless and food was really good. We wouldn't stay there on holiday again because it was more of a business hotel, but for everything else it was amazing. Pool was great and they replaced my partners toothpaste because they saw he was running low! It's the small things! Also we stayed on Valentines Day so we got beautiful sweets!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the bar!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katey L
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Dubai during your recent trip to the UAE in February 2014.

We appreciate spending your valuable time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable.

At the Oberoi Dubai, possibilities are endless and you are assured of our uninterrupted attention and impeccable services.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next travel to Dubai in not so distant future.

Muenster, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Oberoi Hotel has everything you need for a leisure - or also for a business trip. The service was from A to Z excellent. The rooms are also very nice with floor-to-ceiling windows - even in the bathroom. The Hotel is located 5min. to the Dubai Mall and you can take the Mercedes Shuttle Service for free.
We will definitely come back on our next trip to Dubai.

Room Tip: Take a room as high as possible for a perfect view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Chris_Heit
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Dubai recently.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Oberoi Dubai, which is indeed centrally located along Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. We appreciate spending your quality time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable. Your positive feedback is a great source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service.

As promised, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Dubai in not so distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The service of the management and staff of this classy establishment is nothing short of Royal Treatment. I have never seen anything like this in my decades of globetrotting the world. I'm Loving the pampering.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emeka M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional feedback pertaining to your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are overwhelmed with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your experience and appreciation on service quality, hospitality and uninterrupted attention you have received during your stay with us. Your sentiments are precious, thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Possibilities are endless at The Oberoi, Dubai.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to several hotels in Dubai before but this was definitely the best! The hotel is located very close to Dubai Mall. I had my own car and it took me 5 minutes to get there. The area around the hotel is very quite. I heard a lot about the construction noise before I go there but really it wasn't an issue. My room didn't have Burj Khalifa view though I would've loved it to be. However, it is still amazing. Everything on my mind has been said by other reviewers. Excellent, well trained and very professional staff. The only comment I have is regarding the cleanness of the room. We noticed that many areas of the room specially the corners and some furnitures don't get cleaned from the dust. Other than that, everything else is spectacular.

I would like to thank all the staff of The Oberoi for their special treatment. I definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be back again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbdullahAlSinan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to provide your valuable feedback about The Oberoi, Dubai.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation and we look forward to serving and welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai on your next trip to Dubai soon.