“Excellent Hotel ruined by arrogance and obstinacy”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #7 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Excellent start. Up grade. Very helpful staff, usually proactive for the customer. Usually very good food especially the 971 and Amanata whose chef was outstanding.
I note here that the Shower did not drain but I was so satisfied that I left that issue.
My agent booked a package, room, breakfast and Airport transfers. When I arrived the hotel transfer was waiting. I also asked for a later check out. This was agreed at 300.

Went to check out I asked whether the car was ready, what car, The car I have booked. No you have not. Why would i book and pay for a transfer from the airport and ignore the return. I did not, noone told the staff.

Then the late check out was raised from 300 -450. I objected strongly. After 3 attempted the cost was reduced to 250.

This nonsense ruined my stay and was totally unnecessary.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ClaudeRains
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback posted on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the hotel.

Please accept my profound apology for any inconvenience caused to you regarding airport transfer and late check out during your departure time. What you have experienced does not reflect the true image of our services and the hotel.

Whilst I deeply regret the inconvenience caused, I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence on your next stay and allow us to showcase the true Oberoi hospitality we cater to our discerning guests. Please feel free to contact for any assistance you may require.

There are newer reviews for The Oberoi, Dubai

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The best hotel I ever been , very pleasant experience , very good service it will be my first choice if I return to dubai and even in other places all around the world , the concierge services was really fantastic and the menu on the food on restaurant are very various .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay with us online.

At The Oberoi Group, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Often large hotels are associated with impersonal service however, our experience with the Oberoi Hotel Dubai was more like me and my husband were King and Queen of the castle. attention to details were out standing to mention some (personalized chocolates, well coming drinks from your own butler, a very special hand written Note welcoming us from head house keeper, Very exotic fruit basket).
Our Suite was quiet, Comfortable and with amazing full view of The Burj Khalifa. Dining room staff were very attentive also. Many hotels have clean and comfortable beds, however, what stands the Oberoi out from the rest is the personal touches, the customer service is to be congratulated.
Thank you we had amazing time and we will defiantly come back.

Room Tip: Every room is just amazing choose any room without and hesitation.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Oberoi Dubai posted on Trip Advisor!

We are delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic experience and cherished our well appointed hospitality and impeccable service. Also, thank you for appreciating our room, overall facilities and amenities.

As promised, we look forward to welcoming you back to your "new home away from home" in not so distant future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

very good hotel, service is excellent, specially house keeping. Also very good service at the bar, restaurant and reception.
rooms are Oberoi standard, spacious, colorful, elegant and luxurious.
my only comment is about going out of the hotel on foot (didn't do it because of the heat), i wonder if there is another exit than the car ramp?!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Dubai recently and we are very delighted having you with us.

We are pleased to know that you had a fantastic and memorable stay and appreciated our warm and friendly hospitality and service provided by our colleagues.

With regards to the road access by walking, please note that we are currently making a plan to build a service road next to the hotel for guest use.

Meanwhile, the team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Iv been lucky enough to stay in many of the best hotels in Dubai and had previously had excellent experiences at Oberoi hotels in India. The Dubai Oberoi sets the standard, first class facilities, impeccable service, finest Indian restaurant iv been to in a long time. I wouldn't even consider another hotel in Dubai, it really doesn't get better than this.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team, food and services.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Dubai and we earnestly looking forward to have you back again at the hotel in not so distant future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

By far the best hotel i have been in years. even from looking at it you will have known you have made the best choice. the rooms are fantastic very spacious and has the best of everything. the location is not so bad, you will have to take a taxi to the malls etc

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank malesh639
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Dubai and we are very pleased having you with us.

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and were indeed happy with our personalized service, room and hotel location.

We look forward to your next visit. We hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been around the world and tried 5 star different hotels, and to be honest the service in this hotel is just amazing!! I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks as I have undergone a minor surgery. I was very hesitant to which hotel I should stay in Dubai, and after reading the hotel reviews and seeing the room size I decided to go for it. It was the best decision ever. The Value for money is great and it is really a comfortable hotel. There have been many nice gestures by the staff members throughout my stay. For example, Raul from housekeeping noticed the meds next to my beds, so he asked if I was okay. When I told him I had a small surgery, the next thing I see is the hotel sending me flowers from housekeeping wishing me the best. That was honestly very thoughtful. Also, my friend was praying using a towel; the night service lady saw that, she came back with a praying carpet without us even asking, she just noticed. my deodorant was about to finish, when Raul replaced it for me with the same brand. The last just goes on and on.... everyone in the hotel is so thoughtful and polite. My little sister came and stayed for a few days and she was so impressed as well. Every single staff member is amazing and they just care so much about the little details. I love this hotel so much and my stay will always be memorable, the regular room is so spacious and the bathroom is fantastic!! I will never stay in another hotel in Dubai! Thank you everyone at Oberoi for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Noor_Saleh

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services in particular Rahul, and I am truly touched with your meticulousness and genuine sentiments.

People are the life and soul of our hotels – these wonderful ladies and gentlemen with their genuine care and warmth ensure that every interaction with our guests is a wonderful moment of truth. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team.

Your sentiments are precious – thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

It was a pleasure to have you stayed at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.