“Chinese food for people who don't want real Chinese food”

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #2,799 of 9,474 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Chinese food for people who don't want real Chinese food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

As the title says.

Chinese food for people who cannot eat Chinese food. In other words it's not really Chinese food. It sounds & looks like Chinese food but it does not taste like Chinese food.

I know there's a concept of cooking called fusion cooking but that entails both or more of the cuisines to be authentic.
Like authentic dim sum but with a filling of thyme to make it Arabian/Chinese fusion as an example.

As another reviewer said.
Everything tastes the same. It really does taste the same albeit a little difference here & there.

Location is excellent.
Right in CityWalk with views of the main street & plenty of people watching opportunity.

Staff are typically American-standard friendly.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome food if you order the right one..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

You will love their food if you order the kung pao chicken with brown rice and the hot&sour soup. Thats it!!! The rest on the menu tastes ok, but this combination makes us loyal and happy customers. Reliable quality as well. Friendly and fast delivery, never tried to dine in though. Go and try it!

• Visited September 2013
“Everything tastes the same!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I went to Pei Wei Asian Diner for lunch. When we got there I noticed that they have about 50 members of staff and 2 customers. The atmosphere was completely dead but I don't know if it was an unlucky day or something but there was no one there! I ordered a Pad Thai and two members of family ordered a Spicy Korean. Pei Wei boasts of a cuisine selection of Korean, Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese. This is not entirely true. There was 1 Korean dish, 1 Vietnamese dish, 15 Chinese dishes and 5 Thai dishes. When we got our dishes we dug in. The Pad Thai was covered in a rich, sugary and not very pleasant sauce. Some people may have liked the sickly sauce but it most definitely was not a Pad Thai. I tried the Spicy Korean and it tasted exactly the same. Pei Wei promises much but doesn't deliver. Wouldn't really recommend to anyone but people with sugary taste.
G

Visited August 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice but not cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I enjoy Pei Wei food, my favorite is the Thai Dynamite Shrimp and as it is a close walk for me it is a welcome addition to the Marina Walk's restaurants. I do find the prices to be high for a fast food format though.

• Visited July 2013
Ras al Khaimah, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“I love pei wei 's food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

I never actually imagined that the food in Pei Wei 's was this good ! the food the ambiance and the hospitality was actually very good and fulfilling ! I really liked the restaurant and look forward to going there again!

Visited May 2013