“Budget Friendly”

Ranked #507 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai
“Budget Friendly”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and i can say it was quite okay, budget-wise (because cleartrip was also having some promo that time). The hotel is also near restaurants, groceries, public transportation, and all sorts of shops. The room was not that big though but it was not that bad, although there are very limited tv channels, fridge isn't functioning and i saw a small cockroach on our last night of stay. The housekeeping attendant was friendly, but the people in the reception area were unaccommodating. There was a swimming pool, but it cannot be used. Anyhow, it's still good so I'd probably come back here when I am in a budget mode.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

5 Thank Mohd I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Worst hotel I have ever been. I was thinking it will be ok only to sleep and have shower, but I was wrong... Really tinny room stinks, same like bathroom... I took towel and almost puked... Everything is old and wasted... Almost all guests are some very "wild" and loud Africans, I believe some of them were prostitutes but cannot be sure... Wi-fi is available only in one corner of lobby and extra charging... Lot of dust and some pieces of food from previous guests can be found in the room... Yellow old sheats...
NIGHTMARE!
Don't be stupid like I was...

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank Napacheni

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have been staying in different hotels from 3 stars to 4 stars every time I visit Dubai, but this time I stayed right in the heart of the city. It was wonderful experience. Everything I got in other hotels it was also in Queens. All the shops there and everything quite cheap comparing with other areas. The staff very helpful, specially on the reception, Mr. Qureshi
If one is looking value for money, I will recommend them this particular hotel and I also intend to visit again this time with my family. I congratulate you for excellent services.
Nisar Sheikh

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Zealand
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel in April for 3 nights. The room was clean, clean sheets and towels, bathroom clean, hot water and the room was a good size. Breakfast was included and was of a good standard. Staff were helpful, providing maps etc. A little difficult to find at first, but just asked directions and soon found our way from the metro. Close to metro, buses and souks. Overall felt it was good value for the price paid. We were able to swim in the pool also, although it said you shouldn't because there was no life guard, no body actually stopped you getting in and swimming.
Our only negative about this hotel was when we asked if we could leave some luggage there the night before we were due to go to Abu Dhabi for 2 nights we weretold yes, but in the morning when we came to leave we were told no. This meant we found another hotel in the area that would let us and they lost out on us staying another two nights when we returned to Dubai.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shirl6
moscow
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed there 4 days now in late jan-feb. I mean it's not great! But it's not as bad as the reviews here. My room was clean and tidy. The staff helpful and it's just the same as every other hotel in that area for the price your paying. You can't use the pool which is a shame.

Great Indian restaurants next door.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank vincentvitlock
newcastle
Reviewed 23 December 2011

.We recently travelled to Dubai to join a cruise onboard the Brilliance of the Seas which was terrific but before joining the ship we had an overnight stay in Dubai. Unfortunately we stayed at the Queens Hotel. After leaving the Airport we tarvelled by taxi through magnificent streets and buildings and slowly decended onto what some might call shanty area of Dubai.
On arrival to hotel (late at night) we had a small number of steps to negotiate with our luggage into what at first seemed a nice hotel reception, the rating by our travel agents said it was 3+ star the notice outside said 2 star, the reception is where all the expectaions ended, it took 30 mins to book in we were the only ones there. we were then taken to our rooms by lift, a very small lift, the rooms were very very small, and had balcony which only catered for 2 people standing looking over what i can only describe as a building converted into a washing line. The street around the hotel was very conjested and full of rubish.
Our bathroom area within our room was so dirty we did not even dare to wash in it deciding to wait until we got to our ship. The bath plughole was choked with hair and grease.
Breakfast which was served beside the "pool area" was disgusting, boiled eggs, bread, tomatoes, curry thing, and some kind of fungus which was supposed to be mushrooms, self serve tea and coffee. The tables were dirty as was the cutlery and the area around the pool was in a total state of disrepair. Broken window blinds covered with paper, broken chairs etc etc. we could not wait to get out quick enough. When we departed we approached the reception to ask if they would get us a taxi to the ship, they totally refused and told us to find our own outside.
I would not go back to this or recommend this hotel to anyone, thankfully we only had to stay there 1 night.

Room Tip: There are no tips to offer except stay away.