“not bad”
Review of Orchid Hotel

Orchid Hotel
Ranked #461 of 564 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 August 2014

this hotel near to clock sq. the hotel is small but rooms not bad ,foods is average ,taste of food like Indian food,but not bad.staff is friendly and helpfully.location is good. overall for budget traveling is not bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bozorgehr a

Reviewed 3 July 2014

It is located in a very good place near the Clock Tower and Riga road, I've stayed here for both for my holidays and business . The quality suits the price. The manager and the staff was always helpful and did their best to satisfy my requiries

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Orchid hotel is located in Al Riqqa area it is approximately 150-200 meters from Dubai’s Clock Tower. They have a rooftop swimming pool which is very small in size but witht he price you are paying I guess it is ok. Hotel offers a free shuttle service to Naser Square, Deira City Centre and a Beach. The bathrooms were not just ok and not too great and comfortable.

Room Tip: Try to get the ones which are away from the street because of traffic noise and also check the bathr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mohammad Urooj M
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed there last night ( Jan 14) ,,, i could not believe how noisy this hotel is and I have stayed in ski chalets all over the world! dreadful racket until 05.30 ish,,, and we were on the top floor!.
we arrived quite late (9pm) to be told there is nowhere to park ! really ? i left my car in front of the hotel!
we booked into the hotel and the staff were lovely, the room however stank of cigarettes (see the bed cover photos with the cigarette burns ) and mould,, hopefully uploaded the pictures, and we had to make our own beds !
the adjoining room door had a lock that was locked but has previously been kicked in,, next door could walk right in !
we had a very small balcony which we could not get onto,, handle didnt work
we had a dreadful nights sleep!!
the "breakfast" was laughable,, cold fried eggs, cold beans and hot dog sausages !! the toaster took forever and just kinda dried the bread and somone got the only yogurt, we were then informed we hadnt paid for the breakfast despite it being clearly highlighted on the bill! im afraid to my utter shame,,, i paid the 75dhs to them just to get away,,, after this I was prevented from taking photos of the breakfast area and asked to leave.
i cannot stress enough,,,,,, GO ELSEWHERE for your own sanity

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank everestbase
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed there in last June 2013 for 6 nights with my family. What a pathetic stay it was, whenever i think of it i got mad.
The most irritating thing of this hotel is the security of the hotel which will stop you from going to your room if your coming late night from outside. Morocco National Security Guard 7 feet tall guy always stop me and my wife every time he see us coming from outside to ask our identity and few more questions.
Secondly, reception people call at 6 am in the morning to check whether we went straight to our room or not. It was pathetic thing i have faced. Even no body gonna bear this thing if it would happened with them.
Service was very poor. they didn't take care of Bathroom Leakage in 6 days. Expensive Food and Internet. No Parking Area. Ya the last but not the least, 2 clubs are there in this hotel which close around 4-5am in the morning, Music of those clubs Won't let you sleep.
only good thing: closer to metro station

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. U can get better hotels in this price in that area too !!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MinhajMJ
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Average hotel. My problem was they sold wifi access by the hour per device. Every other hotel on this trip gave it free on multiple access. And the service they had was slow and sucked. You can do better than this place for Dubai,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Reid4825
Reviewed 8 October 2013

There was a metro station near to the hotel. Easy to access to downtown. out-dated facilities, noise from the club until late at night. But I could put up with everything because every staffs were nice to me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo