“Big name but poor service!!”

London Crown 1 Hotel Apartments
Ranked #473 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Big name but poor service!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were here for 2 nights.
Unclean kitchen and room with innumerable cockroaches everywhere. Inspite of repeated reminders , the staff was inconsiderate. There are better hotels nearby, do not opt for this one!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank adk29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for 12 nights at this Hotel in a 2 Bedroom Apartment. Initially was allotted an apartment on the higher floor, however the kitchen lacked the utensils and even the balcony glass door was cracked. Since we were in for a long stay, I requested for a change of room & all credit to the staff, they immediately offered to show me the other rooms available. Was shifted to a bigger apartment on the 1st Floor. The apartment is located in a quiet residential locality & there is a supermarket very close by. However, the apartment needs some repair, be it tiles or the telephones (which had disturbance right through the stay). Even the House Keeping was found lacking and had to be reminded for towels and foot mats almost daily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BimalB
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were six and rented and apartment for all of us. We had a kitchen, living room, dining room, three spacious rooms and two bathrooms. The staff was nice and willing to help. The apartment was cleaned every day. It has a minimarket just in front of it, which is just great! Its location is ok considering that it takes a 10 min ride to the Dubai mall... Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Take Pool Facing Room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank nandishh_v1
Reviewed 29 March 2014

It has a minimarket just in front of it, which is just great!
Its location is ok considering that it takes a 10 min ride to the Dubai mall...
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
sharjah
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Although rooms are cheap when booked through budget booing websites, it is not worth it. Unless you dont stay much time inside. The restaraunt serves pretty good food, but that comes second. Easy access to city centre and other attractions. Situated in an area filled with Hotel apartments, so go around hunting for better.

Room Tip: If you end up in this hotel even if for a short stay, look out for a room facing front side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gopikrishnan S

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had a last minute trip to Dubai and this "Hotel" was the only available. I have only one word to this hotel: filthy. It is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed and after 1 day I did all in my power to run away from this place. The staff were kind, but the mess and the smell around the hotel was amazing bad. The rooms are old, dirty and you see dirty everywhere, specially in the bathroom. I was given my room key and when I entered my room the cleaner was sleeping in the bed! What more can I say?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Frederico2013
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had checked in on 24th early morning against my booking from 22nd due to some personal reason. The late check in information was conveyed to the hotel in person by us and we had also clearly specified that they should ensure that there is no trouble when we come down on 24th morning with this booking in regard to room quality or service. To our surprise when we reached there on 24th early morning we were offered a horrible room. (room no. 319) which was stinking badly, untidy toilet and floor, bathroom lights were very poor & low and the worst thing was that the room seemed like a private smoking zone and not a bedroom. On requesting them twice they sent someone with a room freshner and even it could not kill the stinking and smoking smell of the room. I again requested them to change the room before I unpack my luggage to begin my day. To my surprise I was told that "This is the Best Room we have, so if you have any problem with this room then we will change your room in the evening."

I had no option but to give them time till evening and somehow spent 1 hour in the room to get ready for the day, I repacked everything thinking that they would provide me with a better room and handed the room key at the reception and requested them again for the room change. The person at the reception assured that they will make the change before I return so that I have a sound sleep after 3 days/nights of flight travels.

When I returned after a hard day, the guy at the reception told me that they weren't aware of the fact that they were supposed to change my room. Moreover, they also specified that they are fully occupied and would not be able to the change the room now. When I protested that I was confirmed in the morning by your colleague, he told me to wait and he will check if he can do something. After sometime they offered me a room on the 4th floor which was equally disgusting. Few pictures of the room is enclosed. I was really pissed I asked the manager to come to the room and himself check the condition and suggest how can they offer such rooms at such exorbitant prices. To my surprise he didnt even take the pain to come up. I decided not to stay in that hotel. I went tot the reception and told them that I want to check out now. I also asked them to give me in writing that "the guest did not find the room suitable for stay and so he checked out". They told me that they cannot provide any such thing in writing and asked me to come down the next day to meet the manager on this issue.

I already had enough of nuisance, so i left from the hotel leaving my local number with them as they said that their manager will contact tomorrow. As expected, we did not receive any call from them till today.

This is the most horrible hotel I have come across in 10 years of travel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business