“our stay at the Lotus Hotel in Dubai”

Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel
Ranked #412 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
“our stay at the Lotus Hotel in Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

the Lotus Hotel in Dubai is not just a hotel as is commonly understood. It is more like a home away from home. the staff are warm, friendly and very courteous to everyone. the room attendants are the smiley people. the rooms are comfortably clean and smells good. the good is terrific and really tastes awesome..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The only reason I am evaluating this hotel as average is because of the room rate I was granted which put the value for money ratio on the green area. Otherwise it would be poor.

If you are looking just for a place to sleep then this hotel might just be ok. No luxury, overrated as a 4 stars, max a 3 stars hotel.

Furniture and rooms need to be renovated a bit.

Staff was quite responsive and tried to be helpful but apart from that there was no professionalism. The receptionist tried to be gentle by upgrading my room but then I was assigned a smoking room which was clearly indicated as not being my preferred option in the reservation form. He should have asked first making sure that I was ok with the upgrade at the condition I had to stay in a smoking room. Again, it is a matter of professionalism.

There is a night club on the ground floor and the loud music they play up to 3:00 am might be disturbing if your room is located at the lower floors.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Giuizz
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The supplies for the Coffee making machine was expired stock....especially the milk.
Internet speed for which not free, had very poor speed.
Condition of room / fixtures were very old fashioned. Not updated.
Electrical points were not adequate.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Gavin A
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.

I have particularly noted your comments. I would like to inform you that we have once again thoroughly checked all our food supplies and as per our policy we cannot have any expiry items in our stocks. there certainly must be a misunderstanding from your end to interpret the readings of the expiry dates which is in year/moth/date format.

I shall be glad to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our newly renovated guest rooms on your next visit and would appreciate you to contact me on wajeed@lotus-hospitality.com to assist you accordingly.

Meanwhile, I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and deter you from coming back to Lotus Hotel, Dubai.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Dubai, and would request you to extend us an opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards of services and facilities.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

First, this hotel had a great location very close to many stores and public transportation. This was the best feature.

The price was good given that there was a huge conference going on.

The bellboys were great but anything past that was marginal. I once ordered room service and finally had to cancel it after an hour waiting. At a few points, there was only one person at the front desk and he did his best but there was just too many guests waiting (some cutting in line) for assistance.

The wifi was horrible, period. It rarely worked in my room for more than a few minutes at a time. As a business man, this is a horrible situation.

The noise level of the club on the first floor made it very difficult to fall asleep even when I was exhausted. Thankfully I kept the earplugs from the airplane so that softened it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Preston_Texas
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have particularly noted your comments about the services and the WiFi. I would like to assure you of corrective action with immediate effect.

Wajeed Bagwan

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Western Mass
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is very conviently located to the airport and the booking includes pick up from airport to hotel. I didn,t use it but the metro is nearby. As a single woman traveler I felt very safe in the neighborhood. Great Leboneese restaurant within walking distance. Helpful and friendly staff. Only problem I had was controlling the room temp and there was no light on the desk. Didn,t pay for the room wifi so had to make many trips to the lobby to go on line with changing codes all the time. I noticed that there a lot of noise from the nightclub when waiting to go to airport but I couldn't,t hear it from my room which was on a higher floor. This was my first time in Dubai.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Helen S
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have particularly noted your comments regarding the room temperature A/C,light near the desk and the wi fi and would like to assure you of corrective action and improvements in all areas with immediate effect.

Doha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

First of all, I rarely review hotels although I travel and stay in them several times a year. I am not usually fussy so small things don't usually bother me that much. I don't expect perfection. This hotel was such a bad experience compared to my expectations (due to mainly price and ratings) that it has inspired me to let others know what they are getting.

For us, this hotel has location going for it and that's about it. Lots of different levels of shopping and restaurants located near by and the Creek is in walking distance.

Check-in
Check-in took about 1 hour for us with no indication that it would take time and no explanation while we were waiting. Then we kept being offered a room and then being told it wasn't ready. If I had any questions about where the room faced, it took another few minutes to find out and tell me. Later, 2 different staff members mentioned that many guests are typically late when vacating the rooms so they often aren't ready at check-in time.

Room
The room was small and dark and the road noise was loud. Beds were not that comfortable but passable. It has a mini-bar and snacks, overpriced as usual but it was difficult to understand what cost what. We consumed nothing from their offerings. The room was also freezing cold due to the AC running full blast upon entering. The manager turned it off for us right away but we remained very chilled for the remainder of our 3 night stay. The old style TV remote didn't work much of the time.

The 24 hours of internet that I ordered and paid for took 2 phone requests and over 45 minutes to receive. It also involved a staff member coming to my room and entering a password into my laptop. That took several minutes. Then I was told that it would work for 1 device only. Unfortunately, it stopped working a few hours later and I had to get them to come back and go through the same process --- inconvenient since my daughter was already asleep in the same room.

I didnt bother with food at the hotel. Breakfast looked very overpriced for what was on offer. The decor everywhere was old, heavy and not pleasant. There was some party going on and made quite a lot of noise for those nearby. The staff didn't look happy and didn't make any extra effort to make our stay pleasant.

Worst of all, the staff took our passports at check-in and didn't return them to us. I didn't notice since we were already exhausted and frustrated at the long and and frustrating check-in process. Check-out was so swift that I actually asked them if there wasn't something else. They said no. We spent the next few hours at lunch, went to the airport and that is when I realized that we didn't have our passports. We returned to the hotel at great speed, recuperated the passports (and noticed that they had a lot of other passports in their files) and went back to the airport. Unfortunately, we missed check-in by a few minutes so we missed our flights All other flights for the remainder of the day and night were full and we had to wait until the next day. But the Lotus Hotel and every other hotel we checked were full. It was a 15 hour wait until the next flight. I checked the reviews for this hotel and noticed that a number of guests had the same problem about passports. This is a recurring problem! Why do they keep the passports? I believe that they should be returned promptly at check-in and they have no right to keep them. I will never stay or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Missy H
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have particularly noted your comments regarding the check in process,room, wi fi and also the retaining of your passport by front desk and would like to assure you of corrective action and improvements in all areas with immediate effect.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

-We had a good stay in the Lotus Hotel. It is located in Deira, which is the 'old' dubai. But located just 5 minutes from the metro station, 'Union', it is very easy to commute within the entire City with ease. There are also plenty of restaurants and super markets around for quick purchases.
-The staff were all extremely polite, friendly and accommodating, although when we arrived the door man did not help with our luggage. Except for that incident , we found the staff very helpful.
When we arrived, the room we booked had cigarette smell and hence they upgraded our room to a junior suite. Which is a very polite gesture.
-There is no free wifi in the rooms. It comes in the cost of 50 Dhs for 24 hours. There is free wifi in the reception are though.
-It is also just a 5 minute walk from the Al-Ghurair mall.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mrjovitageorge
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel!
We refer to your recent visit to our Hotel and thank you for choosing us while in Dubai.
We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities; I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.It is the feedback from well wishers like you who make our associates strive even harder to achieve “service par excellence”.
While always looking forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel, we all assure you of our best services as always.
In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need.