“Lots of room for improvement.”
Review of Versailles Hotel

Versailles Hotel
Ranked #297 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This hotel was not just difficult for a taxi driver to find because the light on the hotel is very dim, it was also was rundown, the furniture was old, the rooms while seemingly clean, had a bizarre smell, not to mention that we were only given one pillow each, and there were also renovations going made, which made the entrance frustratingly clumsy. Furthermore, this hotel is in Deira so is very far from the conventional Dubai attractions, that said it is a 10-15 minute walk from two metro stations.

Our voucher was meant to be full board, and when visiting other hotels in Ramadan, our reservations mean that we're offered Iftar and Suhoor instead of breakfast and dinner, this was not the case as we were promptly informed that we would be entitled to only one meal.

The staff while nice, really need an upgrade in training and uniform, instead of taking copies of our passports, they took our passports from us and then proceeded to add a sticker with our room number on it without our consent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank do0dz

Reviewed 25 August 2012

In spite of a comprehensive search on Versailles hotel and reviewing all comments about it in trip advisor, unfortunately by entering the hotel I noticed some negative points of the hotel which were not mentioned by other travelers. The only positive point was metro station which was so close and we could use both red and green line. In my 8-day- stay in this hotel I was just starving as I couldn’t eat the food because of bad quality. Every day I noticed the invariant food. The staff working in the restaurant, who were wearing untidy black shirts, didn’t even recharge the food. Despite of reserving the hotel with breakfast and lunch I rarely went to the restaurant or if I did I didn’t eat anything special. The pool of the hotel was really small and not appropriate for the families. The staffs were not helpful at all; they were not knowledgeable enough to help newcomers. The torn blankets were very old; the bed sheet had a bad smelling. The hotel was located in Indian and Pakistani residential area which I couldn’t touch the real modern Dubai!!!!!!!!!!! I’m sorry to say all these about Versailles hotel but this hotel made a bad memory of Dubai for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Faranak F
Reviewed 7 July 2012

this hotel is good only for those who want to experience real side and life of dubai. the hotel is surrounded by residence buildings and marts of Indian and Pakistani workers some of whom work in Versailles.
when you step into the area in which the hotel is located you can smell the atmosphere of down town people.

the staff try to be friendly. but we as guest need more than simple smile and gesture cooperation. they are not trained enough to serve the guest in appropriate way.

the dressing and uniform of staff is totaly amature and untidy.

the hidden gem of Versailles is natural light which you never find!!!

for me and my wife this stay was dusgusting and a very bad memory....

Room Tip: rooms on the 5th floor are better
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jupino
dubainightowl, General Manager at Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
It is a real pity that we could not match up to your expectations. While I understand that you wanted superlative service, I wonder what you seem to have against Marts and middle-class people. I am sure you realise that Supermarkets and Marts are there for your convenience so that you don't have to carry everything from the country you are flying from!!! As regards the staff being untrained and having "amature" uniform....please be informed that suits and ties are standard uniforms in every hotel - possibly around the world. The Versailles Hotel is a city hotel and not located on Jumeirah Beach where you could get natural light all day long with the sun providing you a tan !
It is unfortunate that you and your wife have "disgusting" memory---perhaps the next time you two should book in a five star hotel in Jumeirah Beach..I have lot of friends who are GMs in hotels there and I can get you a discount.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

hotel is good, ambiance also good. service is ok. location and staff is excellent. parking facility is available at hotel. internet is complementary. morning breakfast served at hotel is nice. good value of money, economical option if you interested to stay minimum at hotel and roam around city.

Room Tip: take room at top floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank piyush9250
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The hotel is close to Al Rigga station and not very difficult to find, but be aware that even carrying one or two bags in the day will make you sweat...
Staff is polite but not always very helpful. Expect to stay at the 4th level of the building if you have a discount rate from a booking service... These are obviously the cheapest rooms, located just above the night club on the 3rd floor.
If you are lucky enough to be on the upper floors there's a chance you'll hear the music playing in the lobby. In any case, don't forget to pack ear plugs.
Otherwise the room is ok, bathroom could be better if the water pressure was decent...
The breakfast buffet is probably the best thing in the hotel.
The restaurant has a nice menu but we didn't feel like trying dining at the hotel.
Asked the reception for an adaptor for emirati electric sockets but never got it... Note that the wifi connection is not free.
Would probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel was difficult for the taxi driver to find but once he did find it,things started to look up.Check in was speedy as was having my bags brought up to the room by the Porter.The room was clean and orderly.The pool was crystal clear and empty so we had a nice place to test out our snorkeling masks and fins.
The breakfast here was only so so but there are plenty of places to eat that are only a few blocks away.This is Dubai so you can't really find a great American style breakfast very easily.We did book 2 tours through the on site Travel Desk which is very convenient but beware.The Desert Safari was not quite as fun as it sounded,however the fishing trip in Oman was very enjoyable.Deira is a very safe and clean part of Dubai so enjoy yourself,just be respectful of the local culture and customs.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
dubainightowl, General Manager at Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you for your kind words on the Hotel and its services.At Versailles Hotel Dubai we try to exceed the expectations of our guests....we strongly want you to believe that ---With us,you are always at Home !

Reviewed 29 April 2012

After months of going through TripAdvisor archives and not coming to a decision due to the varying reviews from customers, I finally settled for Versailles as it had decent reviews. Although I was due to stay in Dubai for 10 nights, I only booked 4 nights at this hotel thinking that once there if I don't like it I will move out having sampled other local hotels. Once booked, I communicated with the hotel about staying on a higher floor as I knew the noise from in-house clubs might be a problem and also informed them of my late check-in due to the time of my flight. The check-in was swift and I was shown to my room on the 5th floor. The room was spacious, clean with two single beds. I was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom which was in excellent condition and spacious with powerful jet shower and hot water in plenty supply. Whilst going up the lift, I heard the club music but once in the room it was hardly noticeable-just as I had requested. The room had a TV with few English and Arabic channels (BBC, Dubai 2 etc), there was safety box in the room too. The air con was working fine though i didn't really need it as it was pleasant at night. Overall, the room was clean and in good condition.
The next morning, Breakfast (included in my deal) was simply great with a varied menu of freshly made food. By now, I had made my mind up that I wanted to stay here for the rest of my stay. Alas, upon speaking to the front desk, I was told rooms were totally booked on the system and I could try the internet to see if any of the agents had rooms available. Sadly, it wasn't to be and I was kicking myself for not having booked the entire 10 days with them. I guess I read too much into the hugely subjective and varied reviews on TripAdvisor based on individual experiences.
My stay with them was pleasant and enjoyable before moving out to another hotel (please see separate review). The only issue I had with them was that WI-Fi was supposed to be included in my package but I was told it was 30dhs for 3 days as a package, when I pointed out my deal, the guy at the front desk said he would speak to the manager and get back-he never did as he said he was unable to speak to him due to the weekend. I wasn't too fussed as there were plenty of net cafes on the nearby Al-Rigga Road from as little as 5dhs per hour. The location of the hotel was also ideal with plenty of shops (and a lovely supermarket in the Al-Dana center right next door). Two metro stations are near the hotel, I preferred the Union station as it combined both red and green lines and was virtually 3 minutes walk from the hotel. There was small pool on the roof, I had a look but did not try it. Overall, great stay, just shame I didn't book the entire 10 nights there.
Oh for those interested, the hotels has 3 clubs, Mahek (Pakistani), Abu Nawas (Moroccan) and a Thai one.

Room Tip: Take a room on 5th floor or above to avoid club noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Asif R

Dear Mr. Asif,
Many thanks for the kind words about our Hotel. I am happy to note that you had a very pleasant stay.On your next visit,please feel free to call on me,so that the matter of wi fi can be resolved.Great to note we exceeded your expectations.
G.M.-Versailles Dubai