“A good hotel for an appropriate price”
Review of Versailles Hotel

Versailles Hotel
Ranked #296 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The hotel was good,the staff members were friendly. Our room was quite big, nice, well equipped, cleaned well every day. The breakfast was almost the same every day, but it was good. We appreciated the shuttle buses either to the beach or to a big shopping mall as well as a swimming pool on the roof of the hotel. The hotel is well situated - approx. 6 minutes (on foot) far from the nearest subway station, there are many shopping possibilities near the hotel. The only problem was a wifi connection - although it was free, it didn't work on any of our 3 devices based on android system, it worked only on our iphone. I would recommend the hotel and I would come back if I stayed in Dubai in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vladislav_Kloucek

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were staying in the Versailles hotel for one night during a stopover in Dubai. In comparison with other hotels in Dubai this hotel doesn't rate the good reviews it has received here. The pool is tiny and freezing cold. The staff is quite unfriendly and the rooms are only average. For one night and only a couple of hours in Dubai it was ok but it is not a hotel I would recommend for any longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Arvardan
dubaihotelier, General Manager at Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Avardan,
Many thanks for choosing to stay at Versailles Hotel.
I am sorry to note that we did not manage to meet your expectations.Our trained staff are one of our major strengths.The roof-top Pool heater had an issue on the day of your visit and it was fixed after your departure.My personal apologies.I trust you will give us another opportunity to exceed ourselves on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Good ambience, but much noise in the room (some electrical machine), not so customer friendly behaviour at the front desk. Open air pool water was reasonably cold for usage and uncomfortable. FOREX rates were high compared to market rates.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Atanu P

Dear Mr. Atanu,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Versailles Hotel, Dubai.
I am sorry to note that we did not match up to your high expectations.Forex rates in hotels are a little higher when compared to Exchange Houses as we are providing an additional service which involves labour costs and also the ease and convenience we provide you.
We hope this minor issue does not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

The room was quite spacious and the location was good - many hotels in Dubai are on main roads but this was away from the main drag so traffic noise wasn't a problem. However....

The staff were extremely rude. I emailed in advance to ask if I could leave my bags in the luggage room as we were arriving early. They sent 2 emails saying it was OK, but when I arrived the receptionist left me sitting there for an hour before telling me I couldn't leave the bags! She was very rude and the manager wasn't much more helpful. The evening receptionist made me pay for internet even though the booking said it was free. Wifi didn't work in the rooms and they admitted it was broken, but only when I challenged them. They gave me wrong directions to Bur Dubai to catch a bus - they sent me to Union Station instead. One of the pillowcases was dirty so I took it off and left it on the chair for the cleaner - he put a new pillowcase on which was also dirty, and left the old one on the chair! And the shower leaked so we had to use the towels to mop the floor and the cleaner asked me if I wanted him to change them. Errr, that would be a yes....

Room Tip: There is a building site on the adjacent block and they start work at 6am so get a room on the other...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LD6000
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Be AWARE from this hotel - we stayed there for 14 days and every day i was telling myself, why I didnt pay more money to have another hotel. I am travelling around the world for more than 30 years and this was the WORST experience EVER.

Hotel is really DIRTY, NOISY and EVERYTHING IS PAYED!!!! In hotel is also Disco on the TOP floor, so there is a loud music until 3 am and you can not sleep. The breakfast are every day the same - you can count every morning with stinky meloun, eggs etc.

PAY MORE TO AVOID THIS HELL!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kolda J
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Verssalis, just less than 10 min drive from the Airport and near metro station Al-Rigga. You can travel any where very easily. Service is very good and sleep excellent. Rooms are value for money. Though view was not so great but for a less than 5 to7 day travel it does not matter if you look for other advantages. Evening strolling along main street was great and Deira city centre is a great place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank vidyadhar g

Dear Mr. Vidhyadhar,
Many thanks for the kind words you have chosen to say about Versailles Hotel during your last visit.
We will strive to do still better and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Dubai again.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Good location in close to Al Riga metro and bus route C9 which connects you to many parts of Dubai. Good, choice of breakfast and very friendly staff who ever you speak to. Free,good wifi connection in your room and internet facility at the lobby. Plenty of shops and eating places around. Busy area but quite. Didn't like the shower curtain always in contact with your body and leaks water to the floor resulting floods. Continuous noisy machinery in 7th floor. Room cramped with two single beds in a double room. Needs an improvement and new theme perhaps Middle Eastern appearence away from existing Indian appearence.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to noisy airconditioner units.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family