DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Residences Dubai - Al Barsha
US$482
Waldorf Astoria
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$381
US$403
US$3,232
TripAdvisor
1,397 results
All reviewsdouble treeemirates malltikka cafewelcome cookiedry hotelwasher dryermetro stationwalking distanceminute walkone bedroom suiteno alcoholjumeirah beachshuttle serviceshuttle busbreakfast was excellentexcellent hotelbuilding site
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed in the hotel, last week and did not quite like it.
They gave me a room on the 13th floor. It felt as if the rooms were located even above the roof top of the hotel. I could see the roof pavement from the lift. Felt a little awkward. There was no free wifi in the room and they charged me 80 DH +taxes for 1 night for wifi.
The biggest problem was with the bathroom shower, which just did not work. There was no water in the shower! Might not be true with all the rooms though. I did not ask them to fix it because I checked out the next day.
The hotel was expensive considering the fact that there was no wifi, no breakfast and I had to take a cab to almost all the places. They charged me some tourist tax as well which I don’t remember paying on my previous stays in Dubai.
The mall of emirates is close by and might interest a few. If you are vegetarian then you can got to Bikanerwala, an Indian vegetarian restaurant, which is also a few blocks away.
Overall an average stay. Will go back to Traders Hotel next time, which is my favorite in the city.

Room Tip: Not sure. Maybe lower floors, with pool view?
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTreeAlBarsha, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Residences Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write your review on the Trip Advisor site regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai Al Barsha.

From reading your review we understand we were unable to meet up on your expectations as a Hilton hotel in regards to rooms allocation, internet charges as well as the problem you faced with the water in the shower.

With regards to the Tourism Dirham fee, please be noted that this is a new for all Dubai Hotels and it is applicable in every Hotel in Dubai as per Dubai Government.

We use this platform to sincerely apologize for the failures in our service delivery. We appreciate all the detailed information provided and please rest assured we will look into each failed service delivery and rectified wherever necessary.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to display our level of services & personal attendance for what we are normally acknowledged and which is our strength.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Excellent hotel for a business trip despite being there during Ramadam. Local taxis still not sure where it is though ! All the amenities that I required were readily available Hotel staff extremely helpful Walking distance to the Mall of the Emirates for a little shopping

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeAlBarsha, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Residences Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai Al Barsha and for sharing your valuable feedback with future Dubai travellers.

It is a pleasure to know that you find our Hotel, an excellent one, for a business trip; therefore I hope that the outcome of your visit was fruitful and successful.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused as a result of your disappointment towards taxi drivers not familiar with the location of the Hotel.

I can assure you it has been taken constructively and necessary action will be taken place, wherever possible.

We would like to thank you for bringing up this issue to our attention and thank you again for the feedback shared.

Looking forward welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Opposite mall of the emirates, new facility well finished. Staff are very keen any happy. A frequent traveler to Dubai would recommend this hotel over all others in the area. Moved last visit from the Al barsha Novotel after a number of dissapointments on previous trips and have not looked back.

Room Tip: Kitchenette rooms are very well equiped and a boon if you are staying more than a few nights.
2  Thank Klunky14
DoubleTreeAlBarsha, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Residences Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai Al Barsha and having the time to share your experience.

We are all so glad that you find the Hotel staff keen and happy and we will be extremely proud if we will be able to welcome you back as a loyal guest to the Hilton Hotels, in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing our property!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Overall satisfied with the experience , warm staff , great breakfast , comfy room - Stayed during ramdan time, they had good arrangements for ppl who weren't fasting. They had a complementary shuttle to the beach and the mall of emirates which was very good because the mall is well connected to the metro link from which you can navigate easily. The overall room is extremly comfortable and had all the requirements such as iron+boards, cooking , mini bar , washing machine , tv , cooking range , refrigerator e.t.c only issue i had was they didnt have world cup playjng on thier tv FAIL !!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeAlBarsha, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Residences Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is nice to note that you were overall satisfied with the entire Hotel staff, the DoubleTree breakfast, our rooms and the equipment in it. It is also a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed the complimentary shuttle bus, going to the shopping mall (connected to the Dubai Metro) and to the beach.

We are however disappointed to know that you were inconvenienced with regards to the World Cup TV channel and I do apologised for the misgiving. Please note that your feedback will be taken as consideration and following actions will be taken, wherever possible.

Thank you for staying with DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai-Al Barsha and we look forward welcoming you back.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked in this hotel for a business trip. One of the points attacked me to book it is the location. it is right behind Mall of the Emirates, where I thought I can just go there relax , eat and catch the metro after work. The problem is I went there in July where it is too hot and humid. I did rent a car, but it is faster to walk across an empty land that separates the hotel from the mall than to drive all the way around many other blocks.

As for the hotel services, it had 2 restaurants that I have not had the chance to try as I was not allowed in one of them due to it being privately booked. So I just went to the mall for meals. The rooms are spacious with way too many storage areas and cabinets. The shower area is built as a window where it overlook the room. I was thinking about sharing the room with a friend, but luckily I did not invite him otherwise the sheer window would have been a problem, though I figured out ow to lower a built in the glass curtain, but there is mother window that could not find a switch for.

As always, the beddings are comfortable and clean. This hotels opened in April, 3 months ago, that kept the towels still soft and fluffy.

I may book it again for future trips, but I would prefer a closer one to a metro station.

Also, if internet was provided in rooms for free it may have been a better stay for me.

2  Thank WorlTraveler2008

Thank you very much for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai Al Barsha and for taking the time to share your past experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know that you were happy with the size of the room provided, the comfortable and clean beddings and the soft and fluffy towels.

On the other hand I would like to apologize to you for not been able to try our Bistro 55 and Tikka Cafe Restaurant meals, the internet charges in the room, as well as the interior of the bathroom.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and valued and I can assure you that will be taken as consideration, in order for us to improve our customer satisfaction. As a newly open hotel, our guests are our number one and if someone is dissatisfied with their experience, we work very hard to correct this immediately and in a timely fashion in order to turn their experience around. I would like to have you stay at the property again to have a different experience and try different room category, such as two bedroom apartment, so you will be able to share it with your friend, without any disturbance.

Again, thank you very much for all the feedback and looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.