“One word - Amazing!”

Ranked #13 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Greenwich, London
“One word - Amazing!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel was very impressive. The rooms were big and luxurious. The service was incredible all around the hotel but especially by the pool where you are given ice lollies,cold towels , water and fresh fruit and salad around the clock. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to a friend and would return. We have also stayed at the Atlantis which doesn't come close to the service and luxury that the Madinat offers.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank yesh24
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review and recommending our resort through TripAdvisor.

All your kind comments with regards to the room, service provided especially by the pool side are highly appreciated. I am very fortunate to be able to work with and be supported by tremendous colleagues, I sincerely thank you on behalf of the team.

Once again, thank you for your gracious words and recommendation, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Anne Marie Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Germany
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The stay was fabulous, absolutely tremendous.

The staff:
Very competent and open to help and assist.
They paid attention to every single detail and it was exceptional.

The welcome:
They welcomed us with champagne.
Asked for preferences and treid to accommodate your preferences during your stay.

Rooms:
Excellent condition of rooms and very spacious.
This high quality was proved by your own jacousy.

Style:
Arabic
Very comfortable bed with 10 pillows.

Quality:
100% Every wish has been fulfilled.
This hotel is a recommendation for everyone!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following on your recent stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

When it comes to choosing a hotel for your holiday, I am aware that there are many hotels to select from within Dubai. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Al Qasr. I am most delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the services from our team exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will have another opportunity to meet and welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah, in the not too distant future.

Anne Marie Houston
Genève
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Dears Sirs,

We have stayed at Jumeirah Al Qasr with my daughter of 8 years old from April 3rd 2012 till April 10th, 2012. My husband joined us on April 5th and left on April 9th.

On April 3rd, we arrived late at night, around 0:30pm. At this late hour, you really want to settle down and fall asleep in a soft bed and dream about our stay in this fabulous setting.
We arrived in our room, # 362, I open the window because there is a sultry air and surprisingly, it smells like mud. It is true that the hotel is surrounded by canals but I did not think we could be bothered by the smell ... and then there's the noise also means the loud music. I close the window but the air conditioning did not seem to work! I called reception and was told that the air conditioning stops automatically when you open the window,I just have to wait 10 minutes and it will trip again, I mention the problem of music and the person confirms that they send me someone. I also wonder why the bed for my daughter has not been done and I am told that on one hand I have not specifically requested and as we are only two, the hotel has thought we could sleep in the same bed!

25 minutes later, we stifle, the AC has still not engaged and it is not possible to leave the window open because of noise and odor. My little girl falling asleep. I remember the reception and I indicate that nobody came and the air did not work. 5 minutes later, two people from the hotel, a Guest Manager and another man, ringing at my door. They tell me that the noise comes from the bar on the roof, which makes special nights every Tuesday (and as I leave the following Tuesday, it should be a problem that night ...). They find that the air conditioning did not work. A technician comes, opens a hatch in the ceiling and there, oh! surprise, the air supply was occluded with tape ....
I tell the manager that I do not want to stay in that room but I want to do the next day because it is already 2am!

The next day, I was offered a room, the 512 at the other end of the hotel, in a calm area, no noise, no smell, it's perfect! I redo my suitcase (I should not have .... but...) and moving!
The 5th of April, after a day at the beach, my daughter and I are going to take a ride into town and then we will go to Buddha Bar where a booking was made for dinner. But when we arrived at the restaurant after 30 min taxi, the doorman informed me that the entry is prohibited under 21.
Back at the Al Qasr, hungry not happy at all, I go see the Concierge because I had made dinner reservations for 5 restaurants from Switzerland, a week before our arrival and, via the hotel concierge . I understand that the policy of Buddha Bar, but the Concierge should have let me know! I want to ensure that the other restaurants that we booked won't' refuse entry. The person at the desk tells me that yes, Zuma and Hakasan do not accept children and he advised me to go to the other Pad Thai, a restaurant in the hotel ..... I am frustrated and hungry and I say to the Concierge that we will resolve the problem the next day. My daughter and I have dinner in the room …

April 6th, in the morning, with my husband who arrived the night before, we go to see the concierge to settle this restaurant problem. The person who answers us this time, confirms that we can go to dinner at Zuma and Hakasan with our daughter without any problem. Fortunately, the concierge who had answered the previous day did not cancel our booking!
We are relieved and indicate that we want to go to brunch. But hereanother surprise: we can not take brunch at the hotel as it is fully booked! The concierge explained that the Easter brunch is very popular and must be booked in advance!
How is it that the guests can not even take brunch into their own hotel ??? I confess that I'm missing! We pay almost USD 1'00. - for a room and we can not take the brunch!?!? It's amazing!!! This is unheard of! Why nobody advises us when we did our hotel booking?!?
Finally, we choose to take our brunch at the Hotel Madinat since we have the ability to move freely between the hotels group Jumeirah. But this is not possible ... everything is full! Finally, we folded the Chinese restaurant, the only restaurant where there was availability ..... but we did not necessarily want to duck as a breakfast...
We spent the afternoon at the pool after searching a place for a while .... in fact, as customers move freely from the hotels, many come to the pool of Al Qasr … which means that often for the Al Qasr's guests, there is more room. Moreover, with the system towel in hand, when people leave the pool, they do not bother to take off their towels, you never know if a chair is occupied or not!

The 9th in the evening, we had booked at the hotel's steakhouse. When showed up to the hostess, she indicates that the terrace is full and we have to eat inside. This time is was too much to me, the reservation was made a week ago, we are guests of the hotel and we want to put us inside the restaurant which is EMPTY (nice atmosphere) and where the temperature is 18 ° while there a magnificent terrace?!?!?!
No, we do not accept this and the hostess has to find us a table outside... finally we had to wait 45 minutes at the bar ....
The last night I am alone with my daughter and after a busy day, as we are tired and need to get up very early, we dine in private. Dinner is over and our suitcases are finally done! I call room service to clear the table and there ... small gift on departure, the room service reverses two times my suitcase with the trolley .... all my clothes fell on the floor... I can redo my suitcase!

In conclusion, how a hotel claiming to be a 5 star can provide such a service? This is outrageous!
When reserves in this type of establishment, we have expectations, expectations for which we pay a price and the facts that I reported here should never take place in a luxury hotel, this is absolutely unacceptable!

Room Tip: Do not take a room close to the Souk area
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank pvc21
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to log you stay experience and please accept my sincere apologies for the various shortfalls you experienced throughout your time with us.

I have addressed the points raised in your comments and wish to assure you that every effort will be made to ensure that there are not reoccurrences. Every guest is important to us and I am disappointed that overall you did not enjoy your time with in Madinat Jumeirah.

Thank you for bringing all the above to my attention, it is only through feedback, that we can improve both our service and our product. Moving forward, I would be delighted if you could channel your booking request through my office so that I can personally ensure that you will be taken care while residing with us.

In the meantime I remain

Vienna
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Like last year we stayed again-this time only one night march 7/8,cutting the flight Joburg-Delhi in 2 parts-at the Al Qasr Jumeirah andI only can repeat, what I wrote already last august: This is in fact one of the very best hotels- for example: imagine,we arrived in Dubai around 5 in the morning, in the Al Qasr then some minutes before 6.00 , perfect check in,immediate upgrading to one of the villas, entering the very big suite 6.30 and finding prepared already in the room
a perfect complete breakfast!
A very welcome surprose after the lang flight!

Everything else-facilities,room,service,restaurants,transfer etc etc was,what it was already
last year- and that from my point of view is the best review,somebody can contribute!

Room Tip: choose the best quality of room!
2 Thank ratpackvienna
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback foloowing your second stay with us.

We at Madinat Jumeirah are continuously striving to improve our services and products, therefore your feedback is very valuable and I thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Once again thank you for your continued loyalty and for recommending Madinat Jumeirah as the "Centre of Excellence. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Glasgow
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed at the Al Qasr for a week for our 10th anniversary and couldn't have expected better.
The hotel itself is truely spectacular and from driving up the golden horse lined entrance to checking in to exploring the complex I can honestly say you will love it here.
The beach and pool areas are top class as you'd expect.
The choice of restaurants is unbelievable for a hotel of this size, and my favourite was Pier Chic, what a location and the food was incredible. We also ate at the Burj Arab but felt a little uncomfortable, Pier Chic is far more welcoming and the food was better.
A must is the Friday Brunch, I overheard a resident saying it was the only brunch in Dubai that had a map, that's how big it is. Search Al Qasr and brunch map and you'll get an idea what to expect.
Every time you leave the room it is serviced, the levels of house keeping are top notch.
Dubai is a facinating and exciting place that I will definately visit again, soon hopefully.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil W
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your anniversary. Thank you for choosing to stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah to celebrate a very special occasion in your life.

I was delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to Pierchic, our Brunch at Al Qasr and also the Housekeeping service are highly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the near future.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Fantastic fantastic fantastic , our second stay in a Jumeirah hotel they just have it spot on! Ok so you pay more but it's worth it - if you enjoy attentive staff who can't do enough for you surrounded by luxurious surroundings then this is the venue for your perfect holiday.

We can't fault our week in this hotel, the staff were amazing , the choice of restaurants was perfect - attention to detail is certainly something Jumeirah prides itself on , pool boys walking round offering slices of cold cucumber for your eyes, then offering guests ice lollies and bottles of water. in addition the hotel has a policy where all staff must greet the guests when passing, it makes for an extremely pleasant environment.

We will be returning again towards the end of the year, we have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Oh and almost forgot to mention, the beds are heavenly so so comfy!

3 Thank Nikki C
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor, following your second stay at Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities provided for our guests within the property.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, by the end of this year.

London
Reviewed 2 April 2012

There is no need to write a huge review, this hotel is amazing, that's all you need to know.

My Wife and I will definitely be returning in the future, although we will probably try the Mina Al Salam next time (Just for a change).

1 Thank Daniel H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.