“Heavenly”

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #16 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Previous reviews have said it all. The most amazing hotel/resort experience we have ever had. Would be very hard to top this place.
One small grumble is the cost of the very good food within the resort

Room Tip: Gulf Summer House Arabian King rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BernieJcarter
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear BernieJcarter,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It was such a pleasure to read how your experience exceeded expectations. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip in June. It's not really conducive to business travel - it's just too big. If you like marble, smiley staff on every corner and an international theme (we went for a Chinese meal one evening) this place will be perfect for you. I had a nice big room but the furniture is very dark and if I'm being brutally honest a bit marked in places. I got very confused getting around and often lost - I guess if I was staying longer I might have spent more time orientating myself.

The pool was nice (enormous unsurprisingly) and I loved getting the boats too and from the various places.

I wish there were more non smoking areas and bars. Put me off most of the bars if I'm being honest as was too hot to sit outside in the evening and too smoky inside.

Finally, there was some confusion when my party checked out (20 people travelling home to many locations on different flights). I didn't appreciate someone hammering on my door at 5am to try and clean it. The desk on check out weren't very sympathetic either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

While this is fresh in my mind, I want to give my views on Al Qasr and how our holiday experience was with them. We had booked Al Qasr as it was our 15th wedding anniversary and we had gone there for 6 nights with our 6yo daughter who absolutely loves Dubai!

We arrived at Al Qasr at about 8am and it was great to note that our room was ready (despite the website saying that check-in could be at a later time) – this helped us to get some much-needed sleep having come over on the dreaded night flight!

The pool at Al Qasr is huge and it did not feel crowded at all no matter how many people were in it. The fact that it had a built in bench so that one could sit and relax in the pool was a great feature! All it needs now is a swim-up bar like the Jumeirah Beach Hotel!

For my daughter, the Sinbad Kids Club and the Wild Wadi was like Disneyland! She did not want to come back to us from either and at some points, we had to drag her out of the Kids Club crying! The carers there were fantastic and made sure that she had loads of fun getting her face painted or doing henna.

The rooms were good too with an amazing view of the city, the DAM villas with the canal and the beach. Our room cleaner (I think his name was Sundara) made sure that the room was cleaned twice and towels replenished. He tidied everything really well and the best bit was the lovely animal shapes he made with the towels for my daughter! She would look forward to coming back to the room to see what he had made every night!

For us the biggest jewel in the Al Qasr crown was the food in Arboretum and chef Raymond Wong in particular. As soon as chef Raymond found out we were vegetarian, he made special vegetarian dishes for us everyday as the selection in the buffet was limited. His Thai Papaya salad and Green Curry is to die for as is his Indian food cooking. For us he is what made our trip even better as every evening we would look forward to chatting with him! When we mentioned to chef Raymond that we were planning to go to the Mexican restaurant in the Souk (more on that later), he not only booked the place for us but even emailed the chef there to make sure that the latter made a great veggie meal for us! Chef Raymond really made us feel special from day one and a very big thank you to him for everything he did for us!
Other people that I also want to say a big thank you at Arboretum are the outlet managers Vijay and Rory who also looked after us and made sure that we were okay at meal times. A big thank you to chef Shardul and Ace for looking after us on the day of our wedding anniversary. They organised flowers, lovely mini-desserts and a bottle of very nice red wine. And in the evening, they made an amazing meal for us with a scrumptious chocolate cake at the end of it! They made the day extremely memorable for us and spoiled us with such special surprises!

Back to the Mexican restaurant in the Souk, this is called Tortuga. If you love Mexican food like I do, this is one place that is Mexican heaven! One of the things to have before you die are chef Carlos Hannon’s Molcajete and Habanero sauce!

If I am to nit-pick about the Al Qasr and mention one area where it was surprisingly lacking, it would be their Reception staff. They were pleasant enough but impersonal. Even though it was communicated to them prior to our arrival that we were there for a milestone anniversary, we weren’t made to feel special when we first got there and throughout our stay. The welcome we received was quite luke-warm compared with what we have received when we stayed at other Jumeirah Group of Hotels namely Zabeel Saray and Jumeirah Beach. I feel if it were not for chefs Raymond and Shardul and manager Vijay, I don’t think we would have been made to feel as special as we were. Even on asking for help from the Reception staff to arrange a surprise for my husband’s 40th birthday (we were also celebrating this while on our trip), I did not receive much traction and in the end, combined this with our anniversary celebration. In my opinion, the Al Qasr Reception staff have much to learn from the above-mentioned Arboretum staff as well as the Reception staff at Zabeel Saray (ask for Rahul Sharma and Melani Dioso) and Jumeirah Beach.

On the whole, an amazing holiday and we will definitely return to Al Qasr in the near future thanks to chef Raymond, chef Shardul and manager Vijay!

Room Tip: Room 606 which we stayed in had an amazing view and it was quite near to the lifts that led to the s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonia A

Dear Sonia A,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your honest and detailed feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It was such a pleasure to read how the culinary team, especially Chefs Raymond and Ace, as well as Sundara, Vijay and Rory all exceeded your expectations! I have heard your feedback regarding the Reception team, and this is being addressed at this time. Thank you for choosing Al Qasr to spend your two special occasions with, and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed recently in this hotel which is considered as per trip advisors reviews as one of the best hotels in Dubai, but in fact there many other hotels in Dubai which are way better and less expensive.
First we thought the checking in procedure in the excutive lounge will be better but I was surprised that the process was really slow and the staff was absolutely clueless.
Our room was the family room with no good view at all so I requested to be moved to a room with a sea view and pay for the upgrade. So we were moved to a superior junior ocean suite in the 8 floor. The room and the bathroom were smelly, the electrical curtains were not working so we had to call the maintenance to open it manually,The AC was broken once duriing our stay because there was a problem closing the balcony door and again the maintenance staff came to fix the problem,one of the towels in the bathroom was DIRTY, mattress was not comfortable and in general the room was outdated.
The telephone operator which they call it service one was slow and not efficient at all.
Buggy drivers were not trained, rude and almost ran over my children more than one time.
We have to wait each time at least 5 minutes for the elevator to take us up or down to our room.
There were a littlle variety of kids club activities and for the first time my 3 children refused to enter the kids club and only played in the water splasher outside.
The only good thing we enjoyed was the beutiful beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I believe the word Al Qasr = the Palace in English and that's the kind of experience I had last week and four times before.

Staff and management know how to make you feel like a king.

Ahmed and Gamal at the reception as well as Sachin Thomas from the dinning room know how to provide excellent service and deserve a medal, I sincerely hope they get one.

Congratulations to Mr Saliba on a great team and excellent service.

Thank you for a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Michael E,

Thank you for this sincere and positive feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr. Certainly, your mention of Ahmed, Gamal among other colleauges, is much appreciated by all. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Ok I just don't know where to begin. This resort is by far the best we've ever stayed. I have 2 sons 6 & 2 yrs. The second we entered the resort we were greeted with such warmth & professionalism that it was surprising. The gentleman who helped us is Nitin Malik. Wonderful guy who took special care. He saw we have 2 kids at this time they were getting restless. Nonetheless we were offered a wet towel toot refresh us and offered fruit juices. Then Nitin discussed at the different packages. We booked this resort though the Chase Saffire credit card points. Nonetheless it only covered the room. He recommended to opt for the breakfast & premier lounge package which helped us greatly.

The breakfast buffet from the Arbororum was by far the best I've ever had. It was one of the best things I'd be looking for. Plus I'm telling you every staff member was so polite and always greeting us and even acknowledging our young kids. The room was on the same floor to make it easy. They even have the Sinbad kids club which truely benefited my older son. He enjoyed. The pool was awesome and the package got is complimentary 1 full day with the family to the local water park.

We felt like royalty. We were only here for 3 days but it was fantastic. Only issue is that Dubai in general is very expensive and just couldn't understand how simple burgers that cost $5 in USA cost close to $15. Oh well... Just keep in mind food and taxis are expensive. The package we paid really helped lower the cost.

Anyway I'll recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Imran S

Dear Imran S,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this positive and honest feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It was a true pleasure reading how Nitin exceeded your expecations and set your whole stay up for success. Please be sure to know this feedback has been passed onto him and is much appreciated. Looking forward to hosting you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel get five stars every time. Absolutely faultless on staff, food, hygiene etc.We always have a fabulous time when in Dubai made all the better staying here! Hotel is near the Dubai Mall as well

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Debra C,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It is such a pleasure to read how a valued, repeat guest of ours, continues to have her expectations exceeded. Looking forward to hosting you again soon!