“Fantastic Stay”

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #16 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We went in July 2014 for 8 nights to coincide with our anniversary.

We booked the Exec Lounge access too.

The complete trip was perfect, from the time we checked in our room at 07:30 am when we arrived, without any question that our official check in time was 15:00.

From booking our restaurants for dinner to providing general local information and feeding us with drinks during happy hour, the Exec Lounge team were fantastic.

Special thanks to Val for the fantastic drinks service and also to Josh and Helen for their support and again to Helen for arranging the special room decoration on our anniversary.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear On-Business3,

Happy Anniversary & many thanks for your taking the time to provide this positive and heartfelt feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! Your mention of the Club Executive team, especially Josh, Val and Helen, was much appreciated. Looking forward to inviting you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is our third stay in Dubai, all at different hotels, but I have to say it just gets better and better. Our primary reason for staying at the Al Qasr was its proximity, and complimentary admission to Wild Wadi as we were taking our young niece for a holiday.
Our late evening arrival at the hotel meant we were greeted by the magnificently illuminated water features and golden Arabian stallions statues at the entrance. We received a warm welcome at reception, and given refreshing cold face towels and cool fruit drink whilst we were checked-in, and finally escorted to our room where we given a quick briefing on all the amenities available. Our room (319) was situated on the third floor, which because of the elevation, just happen to be on the same floor as Reception. The room was large and lavishly furnished in Arabian style, as was the bathroom which had both bath with hand shower as well as a separate shower cubical. The view from our balcony was pleasant, but partly obscured by the tops of palm trees, so would suggest requesting a room on the fourth floor or higher. There was the standard complimentary tea/coffee tray together with bottled water which was replenished twice a day, and a bowl of fruit. On arrival we were issued with restaurant vouchers that covered the duration of our stay (9 nights) which enabled us to have either a lunch or dinner in one of over 40 restaurants (including some at the iconic Burj AlArab), in various locations, although some specialist restaurants were subject to a supplementary charge. However we opted to have most of our meals in the Arboretum restaurant, which was absolutely excellent both in quality, selection and service.
The hotel itself formed part of the Madinat Jumeirah resort encompassing three hotels and a covered souk, with approximately 70 shops and restaurants, all of a similar arabian architecture and all linked by waterways that thread their way through the very large and well laid out grounds. To get around you had the choice of either complimentary golf carts or water taxi’s which were readily available throughout the estate both day and night. The golf carts also covered the nearby Wild Wadi water park, Jumeirah Beach and iconic Burj Al Arab hotels, all of which are part of the Jumeirah group. The only restriction we noted was access to the Burj Al Arab which was restricted to guests staying there or guests from other hotels having a confirmed restaurant reservation.
The Sinbad Club provided excellent facilities for kids, including the use of computers. There are numerous pools to choose from through the estate, as well as a long pristine beach fronting a sea whose temperature was warmer than our bath! Staff at the pools and beach provide buckets of ice and complimentary bottles of water, as well as ice lollies, cold face towels. There are also numerous sun loungers and umbrellas, so you always guaranteed somewhere to relax. The one noticeable thing throughout Jumeirah was the number of lifeguards on duty. They are absolutely everywhere, and in numbers, so parents can rest assured that their kids are safe. The large Al Qasr pool alone had ten lifeguards. I did ask how many lifeguards Jumeirah (including Wild Wadi) had in total, and was informed that they numbered over 400!
Staff throughout the hotels were polite, friendly, professional and eager to please, and made our stay a memorable one. In particular I would like to single out chef’s Olena and Rashid, and hostess Flora for the high level of service provided.
Our only negative was the time it took to settle out account. Due to an early morning departure we decided to settle settled our account the night before we left, which was just as well as it took over 25 minutes just to be seen due to limited number of staff trying to deal with a number of different enquires. But overall this was minor point.
If you intend visiting Dubai then I would highly recommend staying at any of the Madinat Jumeirah hotels for a unique experience.

3  Thank Molesey19
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Molesey19,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this positive and enthusiastic feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It was such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the little details; your welcome experince and the Arabian themed resort and guest room. We do hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Previous reviews have said it all. The most amazing hotel/resort experience we have ever had. Would be very hard to top this place.
One small grumble is the cost of the very good food within the resort

Room Tip: Gulf Summer House Arabian King rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BernieJcarter
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear BernieJcarter,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It was such a pleasure to read how your experience exceeded expectations. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip in June. It's not really conducive to business travel - it's just too big. If you like marble, smiley staff on every corner and an international theme (we went for a Chinese meal one evening) this place will be perfect for you. I had a nice big room but the furniture is very dark and if I'm being brutally honest a bit marked in places. I got very confused getting around and often lost - I guess if I was staying longer I might have spent more time orientating myself.

The pool was nice (enormous unsurprisingly) and I loved getting the boats too and from the various places.

I wish there were more non smoking areas and bars. Put me off most of the bars if I'm being honest as was too hot to sit outside in the evening and too smoky inside.

Finally, there was some confusion when my party checked out (20 people travelling home to many locations on different flights). I didn't appreciate someone hammering on my door at 5am to try and clean it. The desk on check out weren't very sympathetic either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

While this is fresh in my mind, I want to give my views on Al Qasr and how our holiday experience was with them. We had booked Al Qasr as it was our 15th wedding anniversary and we had gone there for 6 nights with our 6yo daughter who absolutely loves Dubai!

We arrived at Al Qasr at about 8am and it was great to note that our room was ready (despite the website saying that check-in could be at a later time) – this helped us to get some much-needed sleep having come over on the dreaded night flight!

The pool at Al Qasr is huge and it did not feel crowded at all no matter how many people were in it. The fact that it had a built in bench so that one could sit and relax in the pool was a great feature! All it needs now is a swim-up bar like the Jumeirah Beach Hotel!

For my daughter, the Sinbad Kids Club and the Wild Wadi was like Disneyland! She did not want to come back to us from either and at some points, we had to drag her out of the Kids Club crying! The carers there were fantastic and made sure that she had loads of fun getting her face painted or doing henna.

The rooms were good too with an amazing view of the city, the DAM villas with the canal and the beach. Our room cleaner (I think his name was Sundara) made sure that the room was cleaned twice and towels replenished. He tidied everything really well and the best bit was the lovely animal shapes he made with the towels for my daughter! She would look forward to coming back to the room to see what he had made every night!

For us the biggest jewel in the Al Qasr crown was the food in Arboretum and chef Raymond Wong in particular. As soon as chef Raymond found out we were vegetarian, he made special vegetarian dishes for us everyday as the selection in the buffet was limited. His Thai Papaya salad and Green Curry is to die for as is his Indian food cooking. For us he is what made our trip even better as every evening we would look forward to chatting with him! When we mentioned to chef Raymond that we were planning to go to the Mexican restaurant in the Souk (more on that later), he not only booked the place for us but even emailed the chef there to make sure that the latter made a great veggie meal for us! Chef Raymond really made us feel special from day one and a very big thank you to him for everything he did for us!
Other people that I also want to say a big thank you at Arboretum are the outlet managers Vijay and Rory who also looked after us and made sure that we were okay at meal times. A big thank you to chef Shardul and Ace for looking after us on the day of our wedding anniversary. They organised flowers, lovely mini-desserts and a bottle of very nice red wine. And in the evening, they made an amazing meal for us with a scrumptious chocolate cake at the end of it! They made the day extremely memorable for us and spoiled us with such special surprises!

Back to the Mexican restaurant in the Souk, this is called Tortuga. If you love Mexican food like I do, this is one place that is Mexican heaven! One of the things to have before you die are chef Carlos Hannon’s Molcajete and Habanero sauce!

If I am to nit-pick about the Al Qasr and mention one area where it was surprisingly lacking, it would be their Reception staff. They were pleasant enough but impersonal. Even though it was communicated to them prior to our arrival that we were there for a milestone anniversary, we weren’t made to feel special when we first got there and throughout our stay. The welcome we received was quite luke-warm compared with what we have received when we stayed at other Jumeirah Group of Hotels namely Zabeel Saray and Jumeirah Beach. I feel if it were not for chefs Raymond and Shardul and manager Vijay, I don’t think we would have been made to feel as special as we were. Even on asking for help from the Reception staff to arrange a surprise for my husband’s 40th birthday (we were also celebrating this while on our trip), I did not receive much traction and in the end, combined this with our anniversary celebration. In my opinion, the Al Qasr Reception staff have much to learn from the above-mentioned Arboretum staff as well as the Reception staff at Zabeel Saray (ask for Rahul Sharma and Melani Dioso) and Jumeirah Beach.

On the whole, an amazing holiday and we will definitely return to Al Qasr in the near future thanks to chef Raymond, chef Shardul and manager Vijay!

Room Tip: Room 606 which we stayed in had an amazing view and it was quite near to the lifts that led to the s...
2  Thank Sonia A

Dear Sonia A,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your honest and detailed feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr! It was such a pleasure to read how the culinary team, especially Chefs Raymond and Ace, as well as Sundara, Vijay and Rory all exceeded your expectations! I have heard your feedback regarding the Reception team, and this is being addressed at this time. Thank you for choosing Al Qasr to spend your two special occasions with, and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed recently in this hotel which is considered as per trip advisors reviews as one of the best hotels in Dubai, but in fact there many other hotels in Dubai which are way better and less expensive.
First we thought the checking in procedure in the excutive lounge will be better but I was surprised that the process was really slow and the staff was absolutely clueless.
Our room was the family room with no good view at all so I requested to be moved to a room with a sea view and pay for the upgrade. So we were moved to a superior junior ocean suite in the 8 floor. The room and the bathroom were smelly, the electrical curtains were not working so we had to call the maintenance to open it manually,The AC was broken once duriing our stay because there was a problem closing the balcony door and again the maintenance staff came to fix the problem,one of the towels in the bathroom was DIRTY, mattress was not comfortable and in general the room was outdated.
The telephone operator which they call it service one was slow and not efficient at all.
Buggy drivers were not trained, rude and almost ran over my children more than one time.
We have to wait each time at least 5 minutes for the elevator to take us up or down to our room.
There were a littlle variety of kids club activities and for the first time my 3 children refused to enter the kids club and only played in the water splasher outside.
The only good thing we enjoyed was the beutiful beach.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I believe the word Al Qasr = the Palace in English and that's the kind of experience I had last week and four times before.

Staff and management know how to make you feel like a king.

Ahmed and Gamal at the reception as well as Sachin Thomas from the dinning room know how to provide excellent service and deserve a medal, I sincerely hope they get one.

Congratulations to Mr Saliba on a great team and excellent service.

Thank you for a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Michael E,

Thank you for this sincere and positive feedback from your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr. Certainly, your mention of Ahmed, Gamal among other colleauges, is much appreciated by all. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!