“Pure Luxury from start to finish”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #4 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Ireland
“Pure Luxury from start to finish”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Stayed here for a few nights in January.From the moment we arrived until we left it was pure bliss.

Really enjoyed the ultra relaxed atmosphere in Dar Al Masyaf. The villa we stayed in was fabulous, well appointed and staffed by a team of extremely friendly and helpful butlers.

One of my favorite features was the ability to travel throughout the entire Jumeirah complex, spent many days relaxing and dining throughout the complex, favorites included brunch at Al Qasr, Uptown at the Jumeirah Beach and Wild Wadi to name but a few.

In fact we couldn't fault any aspect of our entire stay. Cannot wait to return and sample some more of the beautiful restaurants, bars and facilities. Have stayed at a few luxury resorts throughout the world but I have to say Jumeirah are head and shoulders above most. Top Marks.

Room Tip: Upgrade if possible to an ocean view villa
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank g-leinster
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your choosing to stay at Dar Al Masyaf and for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at the villa.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay. We are most appreciative of your acknowledgment that our hotel services and facilities far exceed that which you have experience elsewhere, and that you have chosen to return on your next trip.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back for your second stay, hopefully in the very near future.

Anne-Marie Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2011

This place is amazing! I have been here twice now but stayed at the Mina aswell. I love this amazing resort. I flew out with hubby to stay for a week on HB status and then flew back out with my Mum, Nan, uncles and Auntie for another weeks stay at Dar Al MAsyaf :) ( very cheeky I know heehee)

We were welcomed by very polite staff and the buildings were amazing.

I will keep this short and sweet as I have put a review on I think July 09 in more detail.

We visited the Burj Khalifa this time which was amazing and wandered around Dubai Mall= loved the aquarium :)

We requested the butler that we had the year before UVRAJ :D He is a super guy :) Always smiling, pleasant , helpful- just simply amazing! I shall pop a photo up here of me with him :)

My family are heading back out again in July/Aug this year but I am currently pregnant so not able to join them this year :( But am already considering dates to go next year with new member of our family!

It truly is an amazing place to stay, the free access to Wild Wadi is fab!

Enjoy the evening drinkies being served to you :) And the food is out of this world , as HB we got an amazing choice of restaurants to choose from and all were gorgeous!
Even writing this is making me smile and slightly frustrated as I can't go this year :( I technically could go as will only be 7 months pregnant but wont be able to watch hubby on the rides at Wild Wadi or skiing at Mall of the Emirates.. boo hoo :( Roll on next year!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emz1982
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your second holiday with us and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay.

I am delighted to learn that you mostly enjoyed our hotel services and facilities and I also would like to thank you for your comments in regards to the colleagues, especially Yuvraj. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize particular colleague and teams that provided memorable experiences to our guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing Madinat Jumeirah among the many holiday options available in Dubai, I look forward to welcoming you and the little one back for your third stay in the very near future.

Basel
Reviewed 28 April 2011

The Dar Al Masyaf is part of the large Jumeirah complex around the Burj al Arab. It consists of many villas that each have 8 hotel rooms. About 4 villas share a small pool and a boat stop. In practice you move around the resort mostly by golf carts or boat. I found the boat connections to be quite a nice touch. The architecture of the entire resort is very nicely done and has the flair of an arabian serail nestled among palm trees. Also the room was relatively big with a big TV and DVD player as well as a connection panel to connect your ipod to the TV. We had a ground floor room with a terrace which was great since we were traveling with our 10 month old. The staff and service was below my expectations. There was no lack of good attitude but lack of training. The service that we experienced ranged from awful to outstanding. Although each villa has a "butler" which basically translates into a concierge service, the constant rotation of butlers lead to the result that the next one often didn't know what the previous one tried to organize. Even sending a letter seemed a challenge. Also we encountered problems and delays with some services. Room Service could take up to an hour and ordering something like extra water or extra slippers ranged from 15 minutes to two hours. When we checked out we literally had to chase people to get our bags since we left them with the checkout lounge. Nevertheless the property is outstanding and there is a clear effort to good service. We had a relaxing time and I would recommend the hotel. The hotel is extremely child friendly with lots of details that make a parents live easier. We will certainly come back and hopefully find better organization next time. The food in some of the restaurants is outstanding.

1 Thank samtech
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 1 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent holiday with us at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah. I was of course most concerned to learn of the disappointing elements of your experience, which fell below the high standards we strive to achieve. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. I would like to reassure you that this is not indicative of our company standards.

I have notified the relevant departments of the issues highlighted, and in our continuous effort to exceed guest expectations they will be taking corrective action.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Madinat Jumeirah. I look forward to welcome you and your family back, hopefully in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Falkirk
Reviewed 24 April 2011

This was our third time in the summer houses, we have stayed in other hotels in Dubai and always come back. The service from staff around hotel is outstanding. Rooms are very spacious , butlers excellent welcoming cannot do enough for you. The pool is shared by two villas staff attentive, with pool service very relaxing. Plenty choice for eating out , buffet plenty of choices but can be busy for breakfast and dinner but Italian , Thai and steakhouse all very high standard . I would highly recommend this hotel for quality, service, location , for couples or families so much so we re booking for this year again and looking forward too coming for our fourth visit.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Machray
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty to our Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your third holiday at Dar Al Masyaf and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay.

We are most appreciative of your acknowledgment for the quality of services and facilities provided within the resort and that you have chosen to return on your next trip.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth stay, hopefully in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We have just returned from an absolutely wonderful holiday at the Dar Al Masyaf, I really can not fault the hotel. All the staff from the minute we were picked up at the airport to time we were dropped off were amazing, they just seemed to be there to ensure our holiday went as smoothly as possible.
The room was absolutely spotless and the gardens are beautifully manicured
Congratulations to the Jumeirah group for creating somehwere very special, we all look forward to returning next year, if not sooner

3 Thank thebaldwinsat92
Dear Guest,

We always try to make every effort to ensure guests’ expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts. It is especially pleasing to note that you commented so positively in regards to our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday and hopefully in the near future.

Sincerely
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed at the Al Qasr (same hotel complex) in 2008 and it was an amazing experience. So we came back to visit friends and decided on the DAM. This was rather disappointing, given its supposed to be a top 5 star hotel. By the pool, the service was awful, very slow - 1 hr to deliver a salad and the collection of plates (post eating) was non existent. As a result the birds were dining on left overs, with bird droppings everywhere. Not hygienic by any standards. The buffet was the usual hotel standard, plenty of choice but queues to get in (at peak time) and the full compliment of food choices somewhat diminished. One night we found the roast beef was very popular and replaced by...errr Chicken..and the cheese platter...err had run out? What, when they have the same cheese platter for breakfast?! Apparently it had gone for the evening. Upon complaining the waiter advised the manager was too busy to talk to us - we could see why, he was restocking the plates.
The rooms are nice, free wi-fi, and we liked the villas and the shared smaller pool. Unfortunately, the balconies arent cleaned and are full of bird droppings. The 24 hr butler service is oversold - our butler rarely picked up, even though i could see him downstairs! The free drinks 6-8pm are good.
The location is fab, its next to the beach and has a wide range of restaurants. The gym is fab too as is the Spa. Overall this hotel feels like there isnt enough staff to meet everyones needs and as a result, not all staff are friendly and the service has suffered. Definitely overpriced for what you get and for the same money much better experiences to be had.
Obviously we complained to the hotel manager, who listened very patiently to our feedback.

2 Thank discernin_travllrs
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 17 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah. It is only through guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to service and product excellence.

It is naturally very dissapointing that you did not enjoy this visit as much as in 2008, please accept my apologies. It is certainly not our intention to dissapoint our guests, however, it is obvious that we failed to meet your expectations on several points. I wish to reassure you, that I have addressed you coments with the team to ensure that we take all the necessary action to improve the service and food quality at our restaurants as well as to reduce the opportunity for these mistakes to reoccur.

On the other hand, I am delighted to learn that you particularly enjoyed Madinat Jumeirah in terms of the location of the resort, the room and the facilities provided.

I do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to restore you confidence in Madinat Jumeirah and will visit us again, where I can personally meet you and look after your requirements.

In the meantime, I remain
Sincerely
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I have never been in a such place.. and i can not descripe what i saw there because i never thought it could exist !!!

Stayed April 2010
2 Thank MohamedW
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the resort facilities. Your words will inspire the entire team at Madinat Jumeirah to continue providing the best service experience, therefore I would like to thank you on behalf of the team.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.