Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #7 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Have just spent 8 fantastic nights in villa 11, 2 great rooms for us and sons of 21 & 17. If only we could bring the beds and pillows home! From the moment the car doors are opened for you until it's time to leave the staff treat you like royalty. Our butlers, Anjeli, Eric & Rhea amongst others were always on hand with abra and buggy calls and were great hosts for sundowner drinks, one of the highlights of the holiday meeting other guests and telling stories. Villa 11 had a fantastic mix of guests and we looked forward to meeting up each evening or catching up around the pool.
Good choice of breakfast at Khaymat Al Bahar, where we ate every morning while enjoying the pool view, the egg station was very popular, great omelettes. Nice to know you can ask for a latte or cappucino. Plenty of choice with summer flavours, we enjoyed buffets at Latitude and Arboretum, also Go West, The Wharf, Amala, Segretto, Toscana and Mj's for an amazing wagyu fillet.
Wild Wadi was an amazing bonus and only a few minutes to get to from our villa. We encountered many abra and buggy drivers all of whom were friendly and helped to make our holiday enjoyable.
We cannot fault the DAM and are already looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank con-wil
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Dar Al Masyaf.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service and facilities throughout the property. All your kind comments with regards to your villa and your rooms, our various restaurants and their delicious dining options and our buggy and Abra service, as well as the warmth and quality of service provided by the team are greatly appreciated. I will certainly share your comments with them, whom I am sure will be equally happy.

Once again, thank you for your gracious comments, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Anne-Marie Houston

Write a ReviewReviews (4,105)

Reviewed 4 September 2011

This has to be the best hotel in Dubai. Its absolutly amazing! From the second you arrive you feel completly relaxed, When I got there, i was greated with cold towels. The hotel and rooms look amazing! i have never been anywhere like it. Dubai out does every other trip i have been on.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vitenchi405

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share all your kind comments about the amenities and atmosphere of Madinat Jumeirah with our team, who I am sure will be very happy to hear about them.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Myself and wife stayed at the Dar Al Masyaf for 7 nights for our wedding anniversary in August 2011. I have stayed at the Al Qasr, Mina and Jumeriah Beach Hotel numerous times over the years, and fancied trying the Villa's this time round. I emailed the resort a few times before arriving asking for a Villa close to the Al Qasr pool and outdoor restaurant and letting them know it was our wedding anniversary.

From the moment we arrived we were treated very well and was welcomed by the manager and wished happy anniversary. We arrived at 8am and our room was available straight away. We were taken by buggy from Al Qasr to Villa 4 which was the best located villa by the Al Qasr pool and restaurant. We stayed in a gulf summerhouse ocean view room which was very large with great bathroom and I would highly recommend this type of room. We also recommend staying Half Board as you get a large choice of dining options and it is always a 3 course meal you get. There was a few changes to the restaurant choices from last year which we were a little dissapointed about, especially not being able to eat at the Morrocan restaurant anymore as that place had great food. Drinks prices are also a little crazy - £4 for a can of coke/fanta etc.

In the villas you get a butler service which is very good, but you get quite a few over the stay and some are better than others. We found they did not have the power when it came to making restaurant reservations, either this of the restaurants are not being run properly regarding reservations. We found on a number of occasions at a few restaurants such as The Wharf and Go West, we tried to book in the morning for dinner and was told they were fully booked at the time we requested and the Butler said it was definitely fully booked on both occasions, however we took a chance and just turned up at these specific restaurants at the time we would of booked, and they were not full, we got a table straight away and on both occassions they were not even half full when we left an hour and a half later. Bit strange. On another occasion we asked to book the Turkish restaurant at the Jumeriah hotel on the palm for 7.45 but was told it was fully booked at this time but they could do 7.30 which was a bit random, and when we arrived there was only a few other people there, so that one was a bit strange also as the restaurant did not fill up much in the time we were there. We never had any restaurant booking problems when we were in Al Qasr when you just call the restaurant reservation line. Also, in the villas every evening they serve complementary drinks for 2 hours, including alcohol.

Another little negative that I have not encountered on pervious visits to the resort is the lack of sunbeds around and close to the pool, as even coming out at 10am you cannot find a sunbed close to the pool without a towel already on it.

All in all I have given the Dar Al Masyaf resort the 5 stars, but the little things not related to the Dar Al Masyaf such as the restaurant issues and pool area do dissapoint slightly.

Room Tip: Large rooms and great bathrooms
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The Dar Al Masyaf is a beautiful resort. When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed at the Al Qasar lobby with cold towels. My travel agent had requested for all five rooms to be together and for an early check. However we were disappointed that the hotel was unable to meet these requests because they were fully booked.

We were taken to our summer houses and introduced to our butler. Our butler took us to our room which was very spacious, and the bathroom was beautiful. The room was very clean, and maintained to a high standard throughout our stay. The shower gels and body lotions were lovely with arabic scents. You had bottled water and fresh fresh fruit in your room and it was replenshed every day which is a fantastic touch for this five star resort, especially with the hot weather. The butlers have different shifts eg morning, evening and night, so throughout the day you have different buttlers but they remain on the same shift every day for that week. They are all very helpful and very attententive. The buttler will organise for buggies or abras to collect you, wake up calls and so on. I have to mention Ritu who was fantastic and always super friendly.

There was a huge variety for breakfast in all the restaurants, our favourite was the Al Qasar breakfast. However I would say the breakfast was not the best for a five star resort. The scramble eggs, omeletes and fried eggs were not a good quality. Not a huge variety of fresh fruit. Fresh crepes and waffles took a very long time to be made and there was no nutella. These are minor elements to breakfast however they were lacking.

All the pools were lovely. The pool attendants would bring cold towels, ice lollies, oranges and cucumbers which was great!! The food at the poolside restaurants were nice with large portions of food.

We were on a half board offer. This offer is fantastic as you can go to the majority of restaurants, some of the restaurats you need to pay a supplement but it is well worth it. The restaurants I would reccomend are, MJs Steakhouse, Segretto, Pai Thai, La Parillia, Khaymat Al Bahar, Jumeriah buffet. The standard of food at all the restaurants is exceptional, I would go as far as saying that MJs and Segretto is two of the best restaurants I have eaten at. If this offer is on again next year I will definetly be returning! I would recommend going to the Zarbel resort, as it is beautiful and may even rival the Burj Al Arab decor inside.

The gym is of a very good standard, with great exercise classes.

The huge let down for this resort was there was not enough abras and buggies. It was fine when you leave your room because the buttler will call you a means of transport. However anywhere else we were constantly waiting, and in the August heat it is far too hot to walk anywhere. One day we waited 20mins for a buggy from the Al Qasar. I would always wait 5-10mins which adds a considerable amount of time when you need this constantly to get around the resort! For this resort to run efficiently they need to at least double the amount of people on the buggies and abras. This became very tiresome as the holiday progressed and lowered the service levels at the hotels, in fact our friends would not return to this resort because of this situation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Western04

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service and facilities throughout the property as well as our various dining options and your room and its amenities.

On the other hand, I am of course concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience has fallen short of your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comments and will continue to work towards improving all aspects you have mentioned.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Spent eleven nights during August.positives first; Fantastic accomodation especially bathroom which was huge Beds ,pillows very comfortable. House keeping excellent (special mention to May who looked after our room)Butler service very good ,booking meals ordering transport to ferry you around etc.As part of the package we enjoyed access to a no. of Jumeirah restaurants which is very usefull as the main buffet was very poor . some of the restaurants carry a suplement but are still well worth the money;Highly recommend Pai Thai, MJs La Parilla,Segreto,.Avoid Toscana and the main buffet.(both very average)You also have access to an Indian on the Palm (quite good) The main pool is very big but personaly I would prefer to have an adult only area .Probably would avoid school holidays in the futue. The beach location is easily the best in Dubai .Great walk under the Burj.The overall experience was great. I will be back in future.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We travelled as a family to the DAM and stayed in Villa's 10 & 11. Took my parents as we thought they deserved a touch of luxury and we were not disappointed. You cannot praise this resort enough, from the attention to detail, the "nothing is too much" attitude of all staff. This is what makes this resort different to others we have stayed at. The sheer professionalism and manner of all staff beit managers or maids. A special mention to the following people: Don, Dilip the chef, Shakeel and vaious other members of staff at the Arborateum Restaurant who made my parents dining experiences so special and tailored to their dietry requirements. Thank you so much as you made their trip special. Also would like to thank our numerous butlers who became more like family towards the end of our stay - special mentions to Angelee, Tiku and all the butlers that looked after Villa 11 during our stay of 22nd August to the 28th August 2011. Special touches include the happy hour drinks every night where you can have the opportunity to meet other guests within your Villa block and they became such good company you look forward to that every night. You need to experience this place to truly believe the hype. Thank you DAM!! Paradise on Earth.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a view of the waterways, very tranquil.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TheLalls

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service and facilities throughout the property. All your kind comments with regards to your villas and your rooms and its facilities, our restaurants and their food selection and especially the personalized service in your villa and in our restaurants are greatly appreciated. I will certainly share your comments with our team, who consistently endeavor to ensure that every guest enjoys their time.

Once again, thank you for your gracious comments, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We have just returned from another week at this hotel , our 3rd this year, and will return in October for another week. The service is fantastic, you are always greeted by a smile and a hello! They try their hardest to help with whatever it is you request. We booked a Gulf Summerhouse Arabian deluxe room, which is a room within the summerhouses on the beach, but with a garden view. We have stayed in an ocean view too, they are identical except for the view. The Butler service is very attentive and its a very nice touch to have complimentary drinks in the evening and nibbles in the reception area of the "villa" as the summerhouses are known. The room has everything you would want, the most amazing large comfortable bed ever, an amazingly big bathroom/dressing room and complimentary water, and also complimentary WIFI throughout resort! The breakfasts were delicious, and if you had any special requests, the chef would make them for you. I was on diet and asked if he could make me my Dukan galette, it was no problem! . The beach is superb with the view of the Burj and the beach boys very helpful, bringing buckets of ice all day long, not to mention the complimentary cold towels, ice lollies and cucumber slices for tired eyes every day! One thing that might improve on buckets of ice for drinks, is an ice cooler box. Having stayed at The Four Seasons in Sharm El Sheik, this is what they do, they give you a box for the day to put all your bottled water in and it stays cold all day! i think with the extreme temperatures in Dubai (42 when we were there) this would be a very sensible investment! The lunches are very good, we only ate by the pool , and all the food we ordered was very good. The portions are quite big, and so sometimes my husband and I shared! As during or stay complimentary half board was included, we dined around the resort. All the restaurants are 5* and we particularly liked Segreto (italian) and MJ's (steak). I cant wait to return October and next year in April!!

1  Thank sunseekerli123
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback following your recent stay at our Summerhouses. We truly value your comments as it is only through guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence. At Madinat Jumeirah, we take loyalty very seriously and nothing makes me happier than to have you return as our guest.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service and facilities throughout the property. All your kind comments from the facilities of our resort and your villa and room as well as our various restaurants are greatly appreciated. I am especially happy to read about the warm, thoughtful and personalized service you have received from the butler team in your villa, the team around the pool as well as all our colleagues in the resort. I will certainly share your comments with them, whom I am sure will be equally happy. The team within Madinat Jumeirah are very focused on the attention to detail and I am thrilled to see that they handled every occasion appropriately. We endeavor to adhere to our Jumeirah Hallmarks and service excellence.

Once again, thank you for your gracious comments, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in October with your family.