“"Another superb holiday at this amazing resort"”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #3 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Llantwit Fardre
“"Another superb holiday at this amazing resort"”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have just returned from yet another fabulous holiday at the amazing Dar Al Masyaf, this is the only place that I can truly relax in whilst away from home.

I stayed in the same Villa as previous stays , requested by me as usual .A lovely room overlooking the waterways with a partially shaded and private balcony to sit and watch the Abras gliding silently over the water .

This time my Butlers were Prasanth and Ronnar , each superb ,professional , friendly and helpful who always greeted me with a smile. Prasanth was our day Butler , he booked buggies and Abras made restaurant reservations , delivered Ice , really anything you requested was no trouble at all. Ronnar was our evening Butler who again carried out the same but who also served us the evening drinks at Sundowner ..a lovely way of meeting fellow travellers of which helped make the holiday a special one.

Guest relations Manager Thomas visited many times to ensure that everything was as expected , Thomas was my point of contact prior to checking in and each request made by me was carried out effortlessly and to perfection.

The pool outside is an added bonus , just steps away from the room ..a peaceful alternative to the main pool at Al Qasr . Lifeguards watch constantly over the guests , even with the heat bearing down always greeted with hello and a smile .

The Housekeeping is exemplary , rooms cleaned twice daily , fresh towels and bedding in abundance all carried out by 2 young men who never showed any signs of dissatisfaction whilst working through the 9 rooms in the Villa .

The Al Qasr breakfast restaurant Aboretum was as ususal fully stocked with all sorts of fresh pastries, fruit . juice , breads, cold cuts, and cooked breakfast whether it be Asian , British , or Continental totally delicious.
Adam , Rory and their staff work tirelessly to maintain the very high standards throughout , even when the restaurant was at full capacity they found time to chat and ask whether anything further was required .

After breakfast I took the short walk to the beach , here I was always greeted by the beach attendants and beach butlers with a friendly smile. The beach attendants had the towels in their arms before I could ask and quickly showed me to any bed I requested , they laid the towels out and before I could sit down the Beach butler arrived with Ice and complimentary water .

After a morning on the beautiful beach, interspersed with short walks to the pool , I visited the Pool bar and restaurant . The menu here is a comprehensive one ,on arrival I was shown to a table where upon Iced face towels were offered - a welcome gesture in the heat .The food and ice cold drinks were served by the staff without delay, I tried many of the dishes and drinks and each one was delicious .

After a relaxing lunch it was time to return to the Villa pool , either by Abra or Buggy ....the drivers and boats men and woman swiftly and safely delivered me back , a quick shower at the side of the pool and back in the cool pool -bliss !

What more can I say , every member of staff I came across couldn't try any harder to deliver the service Jumeirah is famous for ...doors were opened , helping hands when necessary offered , smiles and friendly greetings by all .

I cant wait to return in September ..I know staff will greet me by name and the amazing experience will start all over again ..

Thank you to each and everyone for making Dr Al Masyaf the only place I want to stay whilst in Dubai :-)

Room Tip: A room is a particular preference to any guest ...some like to be close to the main hotel some don...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank chaselen
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review that you have shared in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

Your praises for the rooms and aesthetic beauty of the resort and its surroundings is highly appreciated. Furthermore, the positive feedback you gave for the outstanding hospitality service provided by our colleagues during your stay has been communicated to the entire team to keep each and every one of them motivated to provide the same level of service that you experienced during your stay with us.

We will be looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the resort for another magnificent holiday.

Best Regards,

Al Qasr Hotel and Dar Al Masyaf Villas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (896)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have just returned from a short stay in a villa at Dar Al Masyaf it was amazing. This was a birthday trip for myself and what a present it was just the most beautiful place with a staff who go the end degree for you. Our gulf villa was a few short steps to the pristine beach where you are offered icy poles and cooling mist spays by the ever diligent resort staff. We arrived early at 7.30 am not expecting an early check in but were taken to our villa within a few minutes a blessing after a long flight and a lovely surprise. Evening drinks provided by our butlers was so relaxing and the choice of restaurants endless also breakfast by the main pool also very picturesque. We were so sad our stay was only for a few days and now understand what many other reviewers have been talking about we will definitely be back the Dar Al Masyaf exceeded our expectations by a mile.

Room Tip: A villa near the beach was a choice for us as I prefer the beach and the view is spectacular but the...
1 Thank AustG
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful review that you have shared in TripAdvisor regarding your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

It gave me great pleasure to know that your birthday celebration was made more special by your visit to our resort. It is our pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful occasion in your life.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the high level of hospitality service provided by our colleagues. All your kind comments with regards to your experience, services provided and our in-house facilities are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf in the near future.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have recently experienced our 2nd stay at the Dar al Masyaf/ Madinat Jumeriah, where we also celebrated our wedding anniversary. It was truly outstanding.
The hotel is absolutely stunning. The flower displays in the lobby area are magnificent & a beautiful welcome.
We booked the half board option which is a good if you would like to try the various cuisines & try different restaurants around the Jumeriah complex.
Our favourites, Carnevale & La Parrilla (Argentinian) the steak was fabulous, & Junsui (Burj al Arab) There is a small supplement to pay in some of the restaurants, but it's worth it.
As mentioned in other reviews you can take either a golf buggy around the complex or an abra around the waterways which is a unique way to travel & some good photo opportunities of the Burj in the background.
We would recommend the villas, as they are in a great location & you get the complimentary drinks with your butler.
The whole complex is a credit to the all staff, who pride themselves on making your stay truly memorable.
To sum up. If you're looking for luxury & a memorable experience. This is it!
We will return!!

Room Tip: Dar Al Masraf area. Villa 9 block is a good location with a beautiful pool just a few steps away.
2 Thank JulesnPen
Dear Guest,

Kindly accept my gratitude for the wonderfully detailed review that you have shared in TripAdvisor regarding your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

It gave me great pleasure to know that your anniversary celebration was made more special by your visit to our resort. It is our pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful occasion in your life.

Thank you for your kind appreciation for our half board option; it is our way of ensuring that our guests experience from our various restaurants spread throughout the resort and the other Jumeirah properties, the sumptuous meals prepared by our world class chefs and the high service excellence provided by our colleagues.

It is also good to know that you experience riding the Abra, one of the unique signatures of Madinat Jumeirah, now you can say that you have truly experienced the traditional Arabic experience.

I sincerely hope that the lovely memories you had during your stay will entice you to return for another wonderful holiday experience.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

From the first moment we arrived to the last moment saying good bye we were blown away with the ambiance, hospitality, accommodations, and the care everyone took to ensure our stay was beyond amazing. The butlers were very attentive, and the service from housekeeping, transportation to wait staff and servers was exceptional. The activities, entertainment, food, the beach, pools and atmosphere exceeded our expectations. We felt like we discovered paradise.
Wonderful place to spend time together taking in all the beauty , relaxing, and just being and doing nothing. There is something for everyone, and is suited for couples or families. We did a package deal to stay in a villa with 24 hr butler service, happy hour each evening, breakfast, and a choice of lunch or dinner. We are foodies and love discovering and trying new things. The variety of resturants and quality of the meals was fanastic. Our last night there we went to the Sky Bar, which was a nice finish to our time at Jumeirah Madinat Resort. I look forward to returning in the near future. We truly found paradise on earth. It is worth it. Best vacation ever.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ashley S
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review about Dar Al Masyaf, which you have taken the time to share in TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and the hospitality service provided by our colleagues. Your gracious comments pertaining to the sumptuous meals served in the various restaurants that we have all over the resort will serve as an added inspiration for our Chef’s to consistently prepare more gastronomic options in our restaurants.

We will look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back to Dar Al Masyaf.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our 3rd stay at Dar al Masyaf. Once again it was amazing. The staff who looked after us in Villa 10 were a credit to the hotel, Qasim, Jean, Simon, Ankur and Dipendra were a great team. They ensured our room was cleaned to its usual high standard. Ankur always looked after us with
respect and care at happy hour. The hotels offers a great range of restaurants to dine at and
the half board is of great value. The gym is up to date with a huge choice of equipment and classes to suit all fitness levels. The yoga classes were very enjoyable and of a very high standard. This resort has all you could wish for. The pools, sea,the waterways, the rooms,palm trees, the abbras all make the resort truly relaxing.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and can't wait to return,

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very high standard. A real treat would be to upgrade to a gulf view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Surinder1988
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say Thank you for the wonderful review you have shared in TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Dar Al Masyaf and for your continuous patronage to the resort.

It is with great pleasure that I read through your acknowledgement of the facilities in the resort and the service excellence provided by our colleagues especially Qasim, Jean, Simon, Ankur, and Dipendra rest assured your message will be conveyed to our colleagues, to serve as an encouragement to continue doing what they do best, which is to provide an outstanding hospitality service to our valued guests.

I will be looking forward to seeing you once again in Dar Al Masyaf for another memorable vacation.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the hotel for a week on half board option. On arrival we were upgraded to a beach villa number 3. Room is fantastic size with possibly the biggest bed I have seen. Butler service from Rhett, Hassan and Neil was fantastic, they are a credit to the resort!!
The whole experience was as good as we have ever received during many years of travelling to Dubai.
Fantastic resort if you have a family with superb access to pools and the beach. The fact you travel everywhere by the relaxing abbra or buggy only adds to the experience. We will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank NIPT1966
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, kindly accept my gratitude for the heartwarming review that you have shared in TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

It is good to know that you had a chance to experience riding the Abras one of the unique signatures of the Madinat Jumeirah Resort; your stay would not have been complete without experiencing the excitement of riding the Abra.

Furthermore, your kind words towards the hospitality service provided by our butler colleagues especially Rhett, Hassan and Neil has been passed on to the entire team, to serve as an inspiration for them to continue doing an excellent job.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf in the near future!

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have recently returned home from another wonderful holiday at the Dar al Masyaf. From the moment we arrived with our friends we were warmly greeted by all of the staff and this not being our first visit welcomed us home. This hotel is definitely a home from home. It was also special to be welcomed back to the hotel by Thomas Renton, who made it clear that they would do everything to ensure we had a good holiday. The holiday was fantastic! As always everything was pristinely clean, our rooms were looked after by Qasim, who made sure everything was kept to the 100% high standard of the Dar. He is a credit to the hotel. We stayed in Villa 10 and were looked after by butlers Jean, Simon, Ankur and Dipendra. These are the people that turn your holiday into a magical experience. They do everything to ensure that you have a fabulous time. The hotel is great for couples and families and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody. Happy hour 6-8 with free drinks is a great opportunity to meet other guests. A fantastic choice of restaurants we would recommend Pai Thai and La Parrilla. Also lunch at the Burj in the sky bar is very special with some great views. We were staying half board and some of the restaurants needed a supplement but they were worth every dirham.
The hotel is set in superb surroundings and the gardeners should be very proud of their high standards. Likewise the beach and pool staff are the best in Dubai and remember us from year to year.
This hotel is faultless in our opinion and we have recommended it to lots of people. We can't wait to go back. Thank you to everybody at the DAM and we will see you again next year.

Room Tip: Villas 9, 10 and 11 are near pool and beach, but all the Villas are fabulous
2 Thank lyn_neil57
Dear Guest,

Kindly allow me to convey my gratitude for the outstanding and detailed review that you have shared in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

It is with great pleasure that I have read through your comments and found out that you enjoyed your stay in our resort. Your praises for the excellent service provided by our butler colleagues, especially, Thomas, Qasim Jean, Simon, Ankur and Dipendra are highly appreciated and have been communicated to the entire team, to keep everyone inspired to provide to our valued guests the same level of high service excellence that you have experienced during your stay with us.

I wish that the experience you’ve had during your holiday in Dar Al Masyaf will entice you to return for another memorable holiday.

Best Regards,