“Another magnificent visit to Dar”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #4 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We have been going to the resort for 8 years now, twice at the Mina and remainder at Dar.

Its easy to see why when you read all the reviews.

This year, we were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a suite in villa 22 which is a summer house with a private pool. Thank you to the manager Thomas who made that happen and checked in the next day to see that all was well with us.

We prefer the private pool as its a quiet haven from the busier large pool at the Al Qasr neighbouring hotel. The beach was fantastic during the early morning and later in the afternoon around sunset. The water is clear blue and shallow enough for you to go out 50m and yet still only to be waist deep.

Villa 22 has been recently refurbished which we really liked - a mix of hints of the traditional arabian theme, with modcoms such as electronic lighting and air conditioning controls. They did not work quite as well as they should and air conditioning thermostat was a bit temperamental, but i am sure that will be rectified given we were the first to use.

However the overall theme of the room and the central meeting room was fabulous,

As usual, its the people that make your holiday a special one. Our butlers over the 10 days were Azhar and Grace. Both were amazing, Very attentive, to the point that they would remember what you liked to drink each day during happy hour. They even reminded us one evening that happy hour was about to start and moved our dinner appointment to accommodate that !

The happy hour is a great time to meet other guests and share ideas, views and experiences. I think its a great marketing tool for the Dar and a fantastic differentiator from other resorts. We always meet great people each year and keep in touch to co-ordinate our next visits - very clever but also very welcome!

Thank you to all the staff who made it another very special holiday for us. I can see why its at number 1 and hope the success continues.

Room Tip: Summerhouse villas are being refurbished with a pleasant mix of traditional arabic with modern colou...
2  Thank Manoj_Kumar276
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation that you have shared in TripAdvisor about your recent stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

Secondly, allow me to convey my gratitude for your continuous support to our resort, it is through guests like you that we are able to excel successfully in the hospitality business.

Thirdly, your kind words for our butler colleagues Azhar and Grace is highly appreciated, and has been conveyed to them and to the entire team, to keep them inspired in providing the same high level of service to all of our guests.

Finally, your attention to detail in regards to the newly refurbished Dar Al Masyaf rooms and our Happy Hour is praise worthy; rest assured we will take action on your comments.

We will be looking forward to seeing you in Dar Al Masyaf once again for another magnificent vacation.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah

Reviewed 29 August 2014

...
Dont know where to start really BUT everybody and everything is excellent at the the DAR AL MASYAF. The sky is the limit on the best spot over the world. We (Familiy from Germany-Bavaria) have been there already 8x times the last 7 years. In the resort you can not really give a reccomandation as everybody can read your mind and will be done to full satisfaction.

Starting at the lobby arrival at Al Qasr, there is a guy who knows already 7 year, his name "Dickens" and has always a smile in his face and gives us right from the start a very warm welcome.

The guys who are assisting as well and doing more than they need to do are "Kuram" - "Rajendar" - "Herbert.

in Villa this years was Butler "Simon" from Villa #10, this guys is a kind of magic and can read your mind what ever you need. He took care of all our needs and much further.

Just one of the best friends we are having is "Alvin" from the Al Quasr pool bar. We got friends during the last years as we even feel comfortable to leave our kids under his supervison.

... We are all looking forward to come ASAP again to the Dar Al Masyaf to joinf the great hospitality of the resort and our FRIENDS.

Thanks a lot for the great and best time always !

Looking forward to see you guys soon again (for sure)
Stefanie - Hermann - Fabian and Laura

Room Tip: ... just take one of the villas all over the resort and have fun !

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for your continuous loyalty to Dar Al Masyaf. I am delighted to read that you consistently choose to stay with us, over the many options available in Dubai. I am grateful for your kind acknowledgement of the high standard of service provided by our Colleagues, many of their names you have mentioned in your post, they are all grateful that you remembered them. Rest assured, we will make every effort to continually ensure that your expectations are exceeded each time you visit the resort.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for the 9th time for another memorable and enjoyable Dar Al Masyaf experience.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We returned yet again to the villas at Dar Al Masyaf. We are regular visitors to Dubai over the last 10 years with the villas being our favourite. We were in villa 11 this year , perfect to walk to the beach and breakfast. I don't have a bad word to say. Staff are so attentive. A thank you to our butlers Olga and Michelle and Adrian. Wonderful meals especially at Segreto, Al Muna, Villa Beach. My daughter loves Wild Wadi and the turtle feeding. We love watching the sunset over the beach and I never tire of seeing the Burj Al Arab at night. I could go on and on but I think that us returning year after year says it all ! See you next year !

Room Tip: Villa 11 this year walk to beach and breakfast and al qasr pool.
2  Thank Katie R

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We are regular visitors to dubai, first time being our honeymoon in june 1999. We completely fell In love with the place, and now with four children in tow we have tried to keep up with our yearly visits. After staying in most of the hotels on the jumeirah stretch we decided to stay at the Dar al masyaf villas. I'm so glad we did, We had the best holiday experience ever!. Our butler Kristina was really friendly, looked after us extremely well and being such a lovely warm & friendly person our kids adored her. The villas were well kept with an arabian theme, the private pool to our villa was lovely and the lagoon view from the room fantastic!. The beach was our favourite place to be during the day. We were so well looked after by the beach staff Akshay & Collins (being our favourite people) they were so good with the kids spending time with them and making us all feel like royalty. Because of all these lovely people our holiday was made special. If your looking for a slice of heaven here's the place to be, i swear you'll not be disappointed!. We are booking for next year and hope Kristina will be our butler and that we can see our friends on the beach again Best holiday ever! :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank sanga1
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review that you have shared in TripAdvisor about your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf and also for considering your experience with us a slice of heaven.

I was delighted to read your praises for the aesthetic beauty of the resort and its surroundings, your kind acknowledgement of the outstanding hospitality service provided by our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have taken the liberty to cascade your positive feedback to our entire team, especially, Akshay, Collins and Kristina, to keep every one inspired and motivated to provide to our other guests the same excellent service that you received during your stay.

I will be looking forward to seeing you once again for another magnificent vacation in Dar Al Masyaf Villas.

Sincerely yours,

Al Qasr Hotel and Dar Al Masyaf Villas

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Dubai as you know is full of top class hotel . This is our second holiday in dubai and at dar al Masyaf . Fantastic value with meal vouchers and access to wild wadi water park kids had. A great time
The souk and numerous restaurants nearby offer night time entertainment . The buggies and Abrams or boats make it a real experience
Our own butler and all the staff including limo driver and front end staff james are so friendly and polite they know how to treat children or high class clients
Be careful when buying jewellery we had. A poor experience with GB jewellers in the souk diamond fell out after day 2 and the salesman pray was very rude

Try all the restaurants but I recommend Rivington pai Thai la Padilla in jumeirah beach pierchick

Room Tip: Go for a beach villa
1  Thank Drmeng

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you for your continuous loyalty to Dar Al Masyaf and for sharing on TripAdvisor some wonderful comments about your stay.

It filled me with great pleasure when I read through your review and saw your appreciation for the outstanding service of our colleagues especially James. Rest assured all of them will be informed about your kind feedback.

We will be looking forward to seeing you once again in Dar Al Masyaf for another splendid vacation.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

On our 14th visit to Dubai I arrived in Dubai with my wife at this amazing resort staying in Villa 3 Gulf Summerhouse Ocean Deluxe on 4th August stayed for 2 weeks and were not disappointed at all with our choice.
First of all I would like to share my experience from start to finish. The experience started right from the Airport on arrival via Emirates. We arrived at the resort in a lovely Lincoln Navigator which I booked direct with Jumeirah Central reservation at a cost of AED 375 Dirhams (£63.00) one way with the return transfer costing at discounted price AED 300 Dirhams (£50.00). Water and cold towels available with Wifi in car which is a nice touch by Jumeirah.
On arrival early morning at 8.00AM at resort via Al Qasr entrance taken to Dar Al Masyaf Villa 3 for check In which was all done very quickly and were welcomed by our Butler Neal who really looked after us during our stay.
The resort is huge most of the time to get around was by Abra & buggy's which was always nice and pleasant. Every staff on resort treated us like royalty by always smiling and greeting us which was nice.
We were on half board basis which included buffet breakfast with a choice of lunch or diner.
The breakfast was amazing every morning. A special thanks goes to Mohammed the chef at Arboretum restaurant every morning from our 3rd day he acknowledge what time I came down each morning for breakfast and he had my fried egg for me presented with paratha all ready for me to present straight away to me on our table.
A thank you to all the ladies at the Arboretum restaurant has well as ranjeet and restaurant manager Adam who always welcomed us everyday. Most days we used Arboretum for evening dining where the food in evening was delicious.
On this resort which is on the Madinat complex we had a choice of 40 restaurants to choose from for our lunch or evening meal. We straight away knew this is exceptional that no other resort in Dubai offer such options to dine where you have so many restaurants to choose from. We normally don't like to eat all over the place once we get comfortable at a particular restaurant but don't mind trying somewhere different on some days.
Our favourite restaurants we would recommend are Tortuga (Mexican) , Noodle House (South East Asian) and of course Arboretum for International Dining.
A soft drink cost £4.25 (25 Dirhams) with water complimentary during the day at poolside where you have a choice of private pools or pool at Mina Salam or Al qasr.
We preferred the pool at Mina Salam since this was quiet. Al qasr pool is very hectic and busy and is convenient for families and children since sinbad Kids club is also at Al qasr.
We also used the Talise Spa which was amazing probably the best spa I have used in Dubai.
Yes this resort is expensive but worth it.
The Beach was really nice very close to Burj Al Arab. Amazing views of Burj al Arab can't get closer which was nice.
The service at this resort is exceptional and if there is any issues it's dealt with straight away.
Would I return back here ?
Yes definitely but there is so many resorts in Dubai where you always get great service and having been to Dubai on numerous occasions I always like to try around different Resorts but for next year I will most likely come to Dar al masyaf then maybe after my next visit try another experience at another resort since it's nice to have a change. From all the resorts I have been to Dubai this resort is the REAL DEAL.
Now I know why exactly it's No 1 on Trip Advisor.
If anyone wanting to know more about this resort don't hesitate to contact me on here I would be obliged to helping you to make sure this is the resort to choose.

Can't thank Dar al Masyaf enough and for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Gulf Summerhouse Ocean Deluxe all the time !!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yunus2u

Dear Guest,

Kindly accept my gratitude for the wonderfully detailed review that you have shared in TripAdvisor regarding your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

It is good to hear that your stay in Dar Al Masyaf went well and that you were well looked after by our colleagues. Your kind comments about our colleagues are highly appreciated; I have communicated your message to the entire team to help bolster their confidence in providing to all of our guests the excellent service that you have experienced during your stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

Your beautiful description of your vacation leaves nothing to the imagination, and I am thankful that our valued guests have such good things to say about the resort.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from an 8 day family stay at Dar Al Masyaf.

I personally think all of the things that can be said about this brilliant hotel have already been said.

It's

S - special, really special
T - tantalising
I - idyllic
C - calming

I have never been to place and met so many people that continually return year after year after year.

In my opinion there is not another hotel in Dubai that can compete with Dar Al Masyaf. It is a testament to the designers, the staff and of course the management that leads the winning resort. A very well deserved trip advisor No 1 rated hotel in Dubai.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jabe100

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

I was delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our resort facilities and the service provided to you by our colleagues. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for our team to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I will look forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf.

Yours sincerely,