“Out of this world!!!!”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #5 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Absolutely incredible!!
The Villa was amazing very spacious fabulous bathrooms and balconys, fresh fruit in your room every day

The service was second to none the setting was divine! upon reading some of the negative reviews on this place I have to wonder were they staying in the same place I was!
I have stayed in a lot of top class hotels from The Bay hotel in Cape town to the Prague Mandarin Oriental and WOW this by far outshines them all!
The butlers in the villa could not do enough for you. Each evening we enjoyed complimentary drinks in the courtyard, you can choose from a glass of Moet to a bottle of beer!
I found walking around the resort any staff member that you pass would warmly greet you, The staff taking you around the resort on the boats were fantastic so friendly & giving us loads of great tips for places to visit & things to do!
On the beach you have staff coming around with icepops, iced cucumbers for your eyes and even coming over to spritz us with evian and giving us cool compresses afterwards to refresh
Each night you have little gifts left on your bed, from little massage oils & chocolates to a customised map with a jogging route and sweat bands!
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to enjoy a spa treatment but we poped in for a visit & were met by a lovely lady that gave us a tour of their world class spa I will definately be returning & trying some of their treatments
our whole experience was just out of this world! our dining experiences were some of the best we have had in the world ! You must try the steakhouse in the resort MJs mouthwatering and just exceptional service!

The Dal Al Masaf must be one of the best accomodations in the world , it comes down to the amazing setting, exceptional staff and incredible attention to detail.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita M
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor from your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf. I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed our services and that you hold such fond memories of your holiday with us.

I am delighted to know that you will be returning to stay with us and that we will have an opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 11 August 2009

This resort was truly something! No detail has been overlooked and it is absolutely stunning. Our room was comfortable, luxurious and drop dead gorgeous. One of the greatest assets to staying here was the access to Wild Wadi, the Burj Al Arab, the beach and the pools. As far as restuarants and ammenties... they have everything.

My only complaint is that the hotel does everything in its power to get you to stay on the property. While it is lovely and very difficult to pull yourself away from here, we wanted to explore more of Dubai. We felt a little bit pressured to book restaurants on hotel property. While the staff was sweet and courteous, they didn't really know anything about the rest of Dubai, only what the hotel had to offer, so that made it a little tough to get around. Other than that, our stay was glorious and we'd love to go back for more relaxation in this beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EA93

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor from your recent stay with us at Madinat Jumeirah. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our Villas, our services and facilities.

I have noted your feedback with regards to our colleagues’ knowledge of restaurants across Dubai outside our Resort. With a selection of over 100 bars and restaurants across Madinat Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Beach Hotel, you are correct by indicating that we do hope our guests will find something to please their pallet among these options. Nevertheless, we support our colleagues visiting other restaurants in Dubai to better understand additional options available and I regret if your request for suggestions left you feeling in any way pressured to stay within our Resorts.

On a positive note, I am pleased that this did not detract from your overall experience and I appreciate you recommending our Resort to other reviewer, your family and your friends.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2009

The Dar Al Masyaf is the villa section of this 3 hotel complex, and we were so pleased we made the choice to stay there instead of the other 2 large hotels. There are several 9 room villas spread over the vast grounds of this property, and it is fun that you can reach them by golf buggy or by boat on the canal that runs through the complex. Each villa has a "butler" who looks after your every need, including on-line check in for our flight back to the UK. The service is fabulous, and you could just spend all your time in the resort if you feel like it. There is a spa, small shopping centre, free shuittle to the 2 largest shopping malls, and loads of restaurants to chose from. The room was beautifully decorated, and very large. I could have lived in the spacious bathroom. August was very hot, but the iced face towels waiting for you when you got back to your villa are just one of the touches that make this such a special place to stay. The buffet breakfast was superb, with enourmous choice, As it is availble until 11.30am, we never needed to bother with lunch. I'm going to start saving now so that I can return there soon. It's the best hotel I have ever stayed in. You won;t be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank AMP2008London

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience from your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our personalized butler service and our Resort facilities and services. We greatly value all guest feedback and sincerely appreciate you recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you once again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2009

My partner is Dubai mad! He absolutely loves it there, and this was his 5th trip. On the other hand this was my 1st trip and I honestly didnt know what to expect. People just loved to warn me about how very HOT it is at this time of year, and being 5 months pregnant, how i would melt in the heat! They were wrong.

The Dar Al Masyaf summerhouses connected to the Al Qasr are stunning. It is the biggest room i have ever stayed in. More like a 1 bedroom apartment. It consisted of a huge, very comfy bed, a seating area with corner sofa and huge flatscreen TV, a changing area with wardrobes, and finally the biggest bathroom you'll ever see. It had a rain shower big enough to fit about 5 people in, a separate bath area, his and hers sinks, and then a separate toilet area. The decor is stunning, the air con is perfect and the large balcony is ideal for lunches in the sun.

We stayed in Villa 18 which in my opinion is the best one after having explored the others. It is a 2 min walk from the Al Qasr entrance where you head for breakfast in the morning. Most of the other villas require buggies to take them up and down to the hotel, ours was so close we never had to wait around on buggies. Also the butlers in villa 18 are great. A special thankyou to Abiot, Ning, Dito and Caroline! They honestly couldnt have done enough for us...........Making reservations for drinks in town, lunch at the Burj Al Arab where they got us the best seats in the house, dinner reservations at any of the 4 hotels we could eat in using our half board, ordering buggies to take you anywhere you please in the Madinat Jumeria group. The drinks reception they hold between 6 and 8 in the villas was also great fun - sharing stories and waiting on you hand and foot. It really is worth paying that little bit extra to stay in the villas to experience the personal butler service!

The main Al Qasr hotel is stunning with it's massive chandeliers and gorgeous bars and restaurants. Because we went half board we could eat in the Al Qasr, the Mina Salam or the Jumeriah Beach Hotel every night and all of them were equally as good as the other. Our favourite for ambience was the Arbaretum in Al Qasr, and our favourite for food choice was the Altitude restaurant in the Jumeriah hotel. I would definitely recommend going half board if you can. We saved a fortune, and were never short of places to eat!

The private pool area at our villa was a real bonus. Most days we had it completely to ourselves and we felt like the only people staying at the hotel. Each pool has a lifeguard and a pool server who were great to talk to and would get you anything you needed. Every hour or so they'd come round with ice buckets, water, take drinks orders, cold towels to cool you down, lollies............it really made the poolside experience a great one. A special thanks to Bhong who was definitely the friendliest of the pool servers.

Dubai itself is awesome. Staying with the madinat jumeriah group meant we could get buggies to all the connected bars of the Madinat hotels amd the Madinat Souk.............saving on taxi fares and making it very handy to get places. They also had Abras (boats) that took you anywhere in the group on the waterways connecting all the hotels.

I had a great stay, with excellent food, excellent service, pure luxury in our room, and loads to see and do on our doorstep. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mathmagic

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on TripAdvisor from your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf. I am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday and that you will be returning to stay again.

Thank you in particular for recognizing some of the colleagues who helped to make your stay special - I shall be extending your kind recognition to Abiot, Ning, Dito, Caroline and Bhong and I know they will also be delighted to learn of your positive feedback and praise.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Dubai and Dar Al Masyaf in the very near future. We also look forward to the opportunity to meet you little baby once his/her arrives in the world; this would certainly make for a very special return.

Reviewed 7 August 2009

You can be assured that the hotel exceeds all expectations! Staff,food,spa,all!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SUCRES

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on our resort and for taking the time to recommend Dar Al Masyaf on TripAdvisor. I do hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

Madinat Jumeriah and Dar Al Masyaf in particular are simply in a league of their own when it comes to Hotels in Dubai. In a destination boasting so many deluxe hotel you could be spoilt for choice , but in terms of facilities , surrounding and truly worldclass service , Dar Al masyaf really excels. I could never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveluxurySussex

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read your review of how much Dar Al Masyaf impresses you relative to the many choices for luxury accommodation in Dubai. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our Resort and for taking the time to recommend us to other reviews, as well as your friends and family.

We sincerely appreciate your decision to continue to return to stay with us, and we are delighted to know that you will be returning again; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2009

I've got 4 words for you. BEST HOTEL IN DUBAI. Not really I have some more too. I have stayed at the DAM 2 years running and am planning another visit shortly. I read a few reviews on the TripAdvisor website and felt compelled to write a review of my own. Where shall I start, mmm first of all we arrived at the hotel a little early as me and my family took the night flight from London but this was no problem as the hotel staff at the Al Qasr just stored our bags gave us a mobile phone and access to the facilities and said they would call us when the rooms were ready. Anyway no more than 1 hour later after we (Me and 5 others) had all showered and changed our clothes we received a call notifying us that the rooms were now ready and to return when we were ready. As soon as we arrived at the lobby we were whisked away by what my wife called the buggy boogie along a scenic route to our villas where we were greeted by our Butler. Yes you heard it Butler who helped us to check in seamlessly. The great thing about these villas is that you feel special as although you are staying in a hotel it feels very private as you have a private pool that has a life guard and that is shared by only 2 other villas. This is great if you have kids as you can have the peace of mind that they are safe to go out and swim on their own. Anyway every evening from 6pm - 8pm in the lobby of the villa they whip open a complimentary bar. This must of saved us at least £400 on drinks as we used to neck a few before we would go out and hit the restaurants. Plus you get free access to Wild Wadi which is the best water park in DUbai and if you have kids, you would need to remortgage your house if you had to pay to go there everyday as we did. The location is fantastic. service is fantastic and the hotel is fantastic. I started by saying these 4 words and I think I will finish by saying these four words BEST HOTEL IN DUBAI!!.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank harryb1
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for voting Dar Al Masyaf to be the best hotel in Dubai. I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and of your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for continuing to chose Madinat Jumeirah and for recommending our Resort to your friends and family.

I am very pleased to learn that you are already planning to return in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.